Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Obasanjo Returned Money He Collected From Abacha Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Returned Money He Collected From Abacha Family (2098 Views)

We Will Remain Grateful To Abacha Family – Governor Dickson / U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot / Abacha Loot: Secret Deal GEJ Approved To Save Abacha’s Family From Prosecution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Returned Money He Collected From Abacha Family by dollarlander: 7:54am On May 02, 2015
Good morning Nairaland people, the source of knowledge and information.

Please I heard that Ex President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo had returned the money he collected from Abacha's loot from his family back to the government.

I heard that he collected the money from the family and pocket it. But now that he knows the kind of President that is coming in he decided to return the money.

I actually don't have any further information to back this claim. But the people that were discussing it were sure of their information.

So I decided to bring the news here if there is someone in Nairaland space that has more information to substantiate the news.

Actually, there are a number of them that have started returning their loots. I will also like the new government to probe the #2trillion naira campaign money spent by Jonathan's administration on election. Those Yoruba obas that collected egunje must return back the money if they are to have any relevance in this country again.

So nairalanders up to the house to shed more light on this thread.

Thank you all.
Re: Obasanjo Returned Money He Collected From Abacha Family by GogetterMD(m): 8:02am On May 02, 2015
It's true. I heard from an inside source that baba returned $200 million. And reason is so that when the heads start to roll, he can be able to open his mouth and say shebi I told you so
Re: Obasanjo Returned Money He Collected From Abacha Family by Alexisu: 9:19am On May 02, 2015
I heard (though not from a reliable source) that he kept the money so dat the outgoing government does not squander it.
Re: Obasanjo Returned Money He Collected From Abacha Family by dollarlander: 9:46am On May 02, 2015
Thanks for those who have replied and those who have viewed. In my quest to dymistify this news, I have this for you.

http://nigeriana.org/134171.html

https://www.nairaland.com/2245376/obasanjo-returned-200-million-government

And I think if lalasticlala or Seun will help push this thread to the FP. Because our money can not just be stolen while millions are just suffering.

We need these information on Nairaland and make it go viral on all the social media so that our politicians will know they have no hidding place.

Thanks.
Re: Obasanjo Returned Money He Collected From Abacha Family by goalburner(m): 11:18am On May 02, 2015
Yes, I heard it also. It was during a closed door meeting with Buhari when he delivered it in lagos, after Easter period
Re: Obasanjo Returned Money He Collected From Abacha Family by Nobody: 11:36am On May 02, 2015
Thief Obasanjo needs to return all is loot which be upto $200bn.
Re: Obasanjo Returned Money He Collected From Abacha Family by Amisec: 11:51am On May 02, 2015
I
Re: Obasanjo Returned Money He Collected From Abacha Family by PedroJP(m): 1:34pm On May 02, 2015
True, but dat's a peanut he wish to deceive many with.
Re: Obasanjo Returned Money He Collected From Abacha Family by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:55pm On May 02, 2015
Why not ask the rumuor mongers where those monies were returned to.

Were the monies deposited in CBN or given to Jonathan or Buhari's transition committee?

Nobody has returned anything. - fact
Re: Obasanjo Returned Money He Collected From Abacha Family by ijustdey: 3:06pm On May 02, 2015
I also heard the rumour....

but I just keep my finger cross until

(1) (Reply)

Pictures - Awolowo's Policies Hits Nigeria / Jungle Justice: Criminal Burned Alive In Anambra State: Graphic Photo / Accident Today At Jakpa Road By Praise Centre,Keke Driver Feared Dead(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.