Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut (22843 Views)

I Will Not Allow An Arrogant President To Insult My Country - Dino Maleye (vid) / Labour Must Lead Campaign For Stolen Wealth Recovery–Falana / INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by Nobody: 10:35am On May 02, 2015
Dino, with his dismal public image, not very fantastic to reckon with, if he truly pursues this course and achieves it, he will win a second chance in my heart, n i believe the heart of many Compatroits alike....

A Senator-elect from Kogi State, Dino Melaye, has vowed to champion a campaign for salary cut for federal lawmakers when the new National Assembly opens in June.

Mr. Melaye, a former member of the House of Representatives, joined many Nigerians to demand a reduction in the salaries of Senator and members of the House of Representatives, saying he will personally champion the cause.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, Mr. Melaye said lawmakers must sacrifice their comfort and allow a pay cut, to yield money that could be used for developmental projects and proper oversight role.

Mr. Melaye was reacting to the announcement by the Kogi State government this week, of a 40 per cent pay-cut in the salaries of public and civil servants in the state.

He blamed the Kogi State salary slash on bad governance.

Mr. Melaye said workers in Kogi for years received a percentage of their salaries, and said the incoming All Progressives Congress, APC, government will address such abuse.

“The APC has a guideline that controls every governor of every state and I can assure you that the issue of revenue generation will be taken care of by the party,” he said.

Hassan Omale, member-elect represent Ankpa, Omala, Olamaboro federal constituency in Kogi State, also said workers in the state had not been collecting complete salaries for a long time.

“In the Local governments, since the last three years they have not received their complete salaries, they have been suffering there,” he said.

Other Kogi lawmakers blamed the pay cut on reduction in monthly allocation to the state.

The governor, Idris Wada, had on Wednesday announced a 40 per cent pay-cut in the salaries of public and civil servants in the state as a result of dwindling revenue.

Speaking through his Special Adviser on Media and Strategy, Jacob Edi, the governor said the state got N2.5 billion as allocation for April, while its monthly
Wage is N3.5 billion monthly....

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/182320-senator-elect-melaye-pledges-to-lead-campaign-for-national-assembly-pay-cut.html

1 Like

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by AhmedMustapha(m): 10:38am On May 02, 2015
If only his colleagues reason the way he does

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by kodded(m): 10:38am On May 02, 2015
abeg they should do it asap

3 Likes

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by ozoigbondu: 10:41am On May 02, 2015
Since the progressives are now in majority i don't expect any resistance to making their pay public and cutting i down.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by orobs93(m): 10:42am On May 02, 2015
Yes I got ya back..
Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by Nobody: 10:44am On May 02, 2015
Why didn't he do it when he was a Member of Federal House of Representative? What impact did he make in his constituency in Kogi State as HoR member with the Millions that flowed to him for constituency project?

Abeg make him go siddon jare. All these APC people sef.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by hopilo: 10:47am On May 02, 2015
I will remind him oooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by chibas: 11:20am On May 02, 2015
It will be successful if he get some numbers to his side with the persusaive influence of buhari,because i know that buhari himself will take paycut and as this encourage any one who claim to be progressive should toe his line.
God bless nigeria!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by Csami(m): 11:22am On May 02, 2015
Those greed Bleep$. I don't think they agree to this. They've never agreed to something that will touch their pay, never.

2 Likes

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by Nobody: 11:55am On May 02, 2015
barcanista:
Why didn't he do it when he was a Member of Federal House of Representative? What impact did he make in his constituency in Kogi State as HoR member with the Millions that flowed to him for constituency project?

you this boi, u just seem to be so unreasonable at every instance, u never Implore logic and objective reasoning, i dont know why.... must it always be party line of persuasion , why can't you put national interest first? (Parties were created to strengthen our democracy n nation, not the reverse)

Personally I believe since majority members re APC, this feat is very achievable

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 02, 2015
Raymondenyi:
you this boi, u just seem to be so unreasonable at every instance, u never Implore logic and objective reasoning, i dont know why.... must it always be party line of persuasion , why can't you put national interest first? (Parties were created to strengthen our democracy n nation, not the reverse)

Personally I believe since majority members re APC, this feat is very achievable
Raymond, the APC was created to grab power and not strengthen our democracy. It thrives on propaganda, falsehood and it plays to the gallery.

One question: What is the Political Ideology of APC?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by ionsman: 12:12pm On May 02, 2015
barcanista:
Raymond, the APC was created to grab power and not strengthen our democracy. It thrives on propaganda, falsehood and it plays to the gallery.

And what is the political ideology of the party you now support? See barcanista,at times you dont need to comment on some issues beacuse you end up sounding so pathetic.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by BankManager(m): 12:32pm On May 02, 2015
I believe it is time we give the national assembly heat for hiding how much they take home..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 02, 2015
barcanista:

my brother, u already know the ideology no need going into that, if a multiparty system with viable opposition like the APC doesn't strengthen our democracy then what Will? The 16 yrs monoparty rule of PDP, how did it strengthen the System? Instead we saw situations of GEJ doing anything he pleased with his rogue accomplices, basked in the premeditated euphoria of "na we go still win" ..... The visit to insurgency savaged areas and boosted military strength we saw was it not after he saw the impetus of buhari ? My brother please we all have our political persuasion (I believ u know I do as well) but it shouldn't affect our objective judgement lest they mek us look like isomers of FFK n his likes.....

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by slimfit1(m): 12:43pm On May 02, 2015
Do this an a lot more we will consider you as a presidential candidate for 2019.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 02, 2015
Raymondenyi:
my brother, u already know the ideology no need going into that, if a multiparty system with viable opposition like the APC doesn't strengthen our democracy then what Will? The 16 yrs monoparty rule of PDP, how did it strengthen the System? Instead we saw situations of GEJ doing anything he pleased with his rogue accomplices, basked in the premeditated euphoria of "na we go still win" ..... The visit to insurgency savaged areas and boosted military strength we saw was it not after he saw the impetus of buhari ? My brother please we all have our political persuasion (I believ u know I do as well) but it shouldn't affect our objective judgement lest they mek us look like isomers of FFK n his likes.....
You have streamlined the talk to GEJ/GMB. The truth is they don't play politics of ideology but that of personality. They unite to bring people down and to climb to the top for the sake of power and interest. It is not because they have any ideology that is motivating them. They are there to do what they know hw to do best. Their antecedents in affice will testify. Like I said, APC wasn't built to strengthen democracy but a consortium of power hungry folks.

9 Likes

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by socialmediaman: 12:54pm On May 02, 2015
barcanista:

I guess last time I checked, PDP was as guilty as the APC in all accusations, but the difference is, the APC members have come together and said, "let's do things differently" from the usual norm, and that's what PDP is mad about, because for the first time in history, Nigerians are going to realize that they've been played for a fool all along, this clearly threatens PDP's existence because it won't be long before you abandon them and turn to independent freedom fighter, that's if your PDP association is not financially induced.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by kheart(m): 1:13pm On May 02, 2015
TANOids ll always remain TANoids, dis is commendable irrespective of ur party affliation I.e if achievable.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 02, 2015
If Kogi State receives 2.5 billion naira every 4 weeks from their of the oil money, this amounts to about 13 million dollars. Why is that money not judiciously used to invest in core areas of corporate competence to generate ROI for the state ? I do not see anything meaningful that public and civl servants do these days. If we consider payment of salaries to these civil servants as welfare programme, then the entire civil service should be unbundled and the money shared to all unemployed and handicapped indigenes of Kogi states. Politicians have lost the functional lobes of their brains and their thinking faculties have been replaced with indomie noodles.

6 Likes

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by stepo707: 1:17pm On May 02, 2015
will make so much sense

1 Like

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by Volksfuhrer(m): 1:58pm On May 02, 2015
I just don't understand why over 70% of government revenue is perennially eaten up by recurrent expenditure!

Too much money is being spent on salaries of civil servants and legislators. Why a country like Nigeria chooses to pay its legislators far and above their counterparts in more advanced economies still beats me! The Nigerian government has become a huge drain on the economy and so should be cut down to size.

Why don't we just scrap this presidential system of government and adopt a parliamentary one with a shoestring budget!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by omenka(m): 2:01pm On May 02, 2015
Wow. This is beautiful. Can't still believe this guy is now a Senator. cheesycheesy. Randy Orton. grin

Ride on Comrade. We stand solidly behind you. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by omenka(m): 2:03pm On May 02, 2015
When Obj was leaving, he punished Nigerians with increased VAT and fuel price. Jonathan is leaving and has his own gift for Nigerians; comatose Power sector and unavailability of petroleum products.

Such vindictive sourpuss. angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by codedguy1(m): 2:05pm On May 02, 2015
Billyonaire:
If Kogi State receives 2.5 billion naira every 4 weeks from their of the oil money, this amounts to about 13 million dollars. Why is that money not judiciously used to invest in core areas of corporate competence to generate ROI for the state ? I do not see anything meaningful that public and civl servants do these days. If we consider payment of salaries to these civil servants as welfare programme, then the entire civil service should be unbundled and the money shared to all unemployed and handicapped indigenes of Kogi states. Politicians have lost the functional lobes of their brains and their thinking faculties have been replaced with indomie noodles.

Its a shame that some of us and even Melaye think reducing their pay as legislators will solve anything. It will most likely solve nothing. Firstly how much is the salary? How much/% is the proposed cut? A state where people have been receiving 60% of their salaries means more agrieved people who are unhappy.

The irony of this request is that Kogi receives 2.5B - 3.5B allocation from the sale of crude gotten from the ND, we assume when the 3.5B was being paid everyone got full salaries, but we also know that if we practiced true federalism/resource control a state like Kogi will definitely generate more than that 3.5M naira p/M considering the mineral/human resources in Kogi state.

We just keep deceiving ourselves in this country and being smart by half which makes us continue going round and round.

The North that is opposed to true federalism/resource control will even gain more from it but because it will seem that all the moneys being distributed from oil sales will be concentrated in the ND states if TF/RC is adopted they will never agree.

Imaging Kogi being satisfied with 3.5B p/m allocation. SMH

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by jmoore(m): 2:08pm On May 02, 2015
The national assembly which consists of the 109-member Senate and the 360-member House of Representatives should be reduced.
I think scrapping the senate division is better. Let's be okay with just 360 members of House of Rep.

The civil service is over populated with many workers. It should be reduced too.

1 Like

Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 02, 2015
I hope he meant it...
Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by layinkakeem(m): 2:13pm On May 02, 2015
Pay em workers now.
Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by Firefire(m): 2:13pm On May 02, 2015
ok. we are watching and the gods shall deal with you if you fail.
Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by pring: 2:13pm On May 02, 2015
His part of the people that bought my support for APC.
The way he shouts Jonathan and Otuoke was as if his life depends on it.
Rotimi Amaechi n Mrs Ebike dabiri.
#Nigeriadeservesbetterleaders
Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by desmondDessi(m): 2:13pm On May 02, 2015
I support
Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by dotcomnamename: 2:13pm On May 02, 2015
LOl
Re: Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut by Kororugged: 2:15pm On May 02, 2015
barcanista:
[s]Why didn't he do it when he was a Member of Federal House of Representative? What impact did he make in his constituency in Kogi State as HoR member with the Millions that flowed to him for constituency project?

Abeg make him go siddon jare. All these APC people se[/s]f.

Why dont you go and ask members of his constituency instead of crying on NL?

If they didn't like him, he wont have won a senatorial seat.

This is a serious issue meant for educated people and not snitches that stab their friends in the back

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obama To Send High-powered Delegation To Buhari’s Inauguration / Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State / 2023: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Bakare Favoured Presidential Hopefuls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.