Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,323 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State (22834 Views)

Zulum Gives ₦100Million To 152 Ex-Thugs For Renouncing Thuggery In Borno / Banditry: I Killed Over 20, But I Have Repented - Naziru Sani / MURIC To FG: Treat Repented Boko-Haram/ISWAP Fighters Like Brothers, Train Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by miteolu(m): 8:14am On Apr 04, 2019
The Nigerian Army on Wednesday graduated 152 ex-insurgents undergoing 12 months de-radicalisation training in Gombe State, Native Reporters learnt.

Martins said the programme was a clear attestation to the Federal Government’s action against using combat in depleting the manpower of Boko Haram.

He said the programme would enhance the acceptance of the clients in the society having been subjected to several vocational pieces of training that would make them more useful and self-reliant.

“The Federal Government is using this programme to cut the abilities of the sect to recruit more members and also ensure defection into the programme by other insurgents.

“By the time this is achieved, the government will be able to reduce the numbers of free hands the sect recruits to fight it.

“Based on the assessment, the programme has done a lot in reforming the fighters against the government.

“The programme has achieved more compared to other similar programmes in Somalia and Saudi Arabia, where de-radicalization programmes are being implemented. There are no records of de-radicalized members going back to the sect,” he said.

Martins said the government was employing other non-combat approaches to fight the insurgents.

The programme coordinator said with sustained efforts and partnership with international organizations, the end of Boko Haram was in sight.

Mr. Abba Umar, a member of Bama Community, commended the federal government and the Army for the love shown to their brothers.

“We are happy that the federal government is doing this. If not that we are here, it will be difficult to believe what we have seen. We are satisfied with everything here.

“We thank the government for the rehabilitation and vocational training that will make them breadwinners after leaving the camp.”

Mr. Zanna Yakubu, who spoke on behalf of Bama Community, commended the federal government for equipping the ex-insurgents with the skills to be self-reliant.

Yakubu said the training would help in debunking criticisms in the foreign media on government’s efforts to end the insurgency in the country.

Mohammed Modu, a graduate of the programme, lauded the government’s efforts in rehabilitating the ex-insurgents.

He said he was going back to the society as a repentant Boko Haram member, adding that he would tell people how good the government had been to them while in camp.

Modu said one of the problems of the insurgency was that many youths do not trust the government, adding that this had made it easy for the sect to lure them into its den.

He stressed that with the love demonstrated by the government during the training, no one would be able to deceive him again.

http://www.nativereporters.com/army-graduates-152-repented-boko-haram-in-gombe-state/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by ShenTeh(m): 8:18am On Apr 04, 2019
Are you kidding me?

146 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by sinaj(f): 8:28am On Apr 04, 2019
Nigeria my country!

Where is the justice for those that were burned alive, killed in cold blood, kids that were maimed, soldiers that were killed and families that lost their loved ones and properties n this war?

So Nigerian army recruit boko harams and cry about moles in the army.

Naija I hail o!

250 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by JubrinElSudan: 8:30am On Apr 04, 2019
After graduation, were they drafted to join the Army?

7 Likes

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by johnmartus(m): 8:37am On Apr 04, 2019
Since SARS also undergo intensive training why they not deploy them to face boko haram.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by miteolu(m): 9:19am On Apr 04, 2019
Na so
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 04, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
After graduation, were they drafted to join the Army?

Of course.

In 20 to 30 years, those guys would be in charge of commanding positions in the army. They will be in charge of the armoury. They will execute jihad with state resources.

They've been reformed in the eyes of the gullible but I can tell you that these guys still very much hold tight to their ideology.

Buhari and his co-jihadists have discovered it won't be easy to execute brutal jihad on Nigeria due to our diversity and they've resorted to going systemic about it.

My pain is so many southerners are useful idiots to this administration and cheering them on.

Just imagine over 100 terrorists in the army. And this is like first batch o. More are still to come.

We need to wake up.

193 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by TooMuchStuff: 10:06am On Apr 04, 2019
This can only happen when the Chairman /CEO of Boko haram is the same man in charge of the Aso villa Seat of power.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by WilliamsChelster(m): 10:13am On Apr 04, 2019
Them don infiltrate Nigerian Army like this ooo. And foolish Nigerian Army no get sense. Chai

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by noble71(m): 10:13am On Apr 04, 2019
angry With this following points of mine Nigeria is finished!

11 Likes

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Apination(m): 10:14am On Apr 04, 2019
This is country is a fvcking joke undecided

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by deepwater(f): 10:14am On Apr 04, 2019
IPOB is a terrorist group indeed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Herdsmen: 10:14am On Apr 04, 2019
APC government from 2014 have been sympathetic to Boko ...

This Buhari government..is not hiding this fact..the government have been supportive...in both cash n kind..

Terrorist already teainned and brain washed is given legal amesty..their sins are washed and they're new creature with same terrorist mind set..

While the hardcore ..are giving back to Boko organization as ransome...with heavy funding for more heavy equipment to deal with the Nigerian army..
the generals ask for funding to keep buying never arrival..never used weapons ..as excuse to siphoned billions

Boko have come to stay...APC administration will entrenched it as part of Nigeria problems that any government will see it as money milking avenue..which everyone in the north benefits from..except those that are dead.

Whichever way..it must be restricted to the north..
Any agenda to bring it down south..makes every northerner liable ...and potential Boko..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by thatigboman: 10:14am On Apr 04, 2019
ShenTeh:
Are you kidding me?
I'm shocked

8 Likes

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by quincyshakur(m): 10:14am On Apr 04, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Noti person no go hear for dis country oooh so Boko pple don d repent
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:14am On Apr 04, 2019
So IPOB and others deserve death while Boko Haram deserves deradicalization.
FG una weldone.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Zombiekiller010: 10:15am On Apr 04, 2019
Government for the Bokoharam

8 Likes

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Wizygreat12: 10:16am On Apr 04, 2019
wish myself a day soft as silk.. white as milk.. sweet as honey&full of money. may all my dreams come true.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY To MySelf....My Pple show me ❤is my Day

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by PussyKing(m): 10:18am On Apr 04, 2019
sad sad sad

GOD WILL NOT FORGIVE BUHARI I SWEAR THIS DAY

SO BECAUSE THOSE MEMBERS THREATENED TO CONFESS THE TRUTH ABOUT BOKOHARAM SPONSORS, THEY ARE NOW REPENTANTS?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by OyebadeMikwhiz(m): 10:18am On Apr 04, 2019
Don't know but I think everyone deserves ba second chance in place using Saul in the Bible as a case study.

1 Like

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by davillian(m): 10:18am On Apr 04, 2019
You think they like killing their Muslim brothers ?
This is to show that this fight has no end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Celebsnews: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2019
Hmmmm... Extremist are unrepentant O. Nigeria Army be warned.

Meanwhile, Funke Akindele and husband JJC go head on in a dance battle to celebrate husbands 42 Birthday. Watch the party below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKK_IRnjuY
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2019
With oil money. These guys are useless. Where are all BMC Transvestites and rapists?

2 Likes

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2019
With oil money. These guys are useless. Where are all BMC Transvestite and rapists?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by eagleeye2: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2019
ShenTeh:
Are you kidding me?
Exactly. This is the very reason why BH will not be defeated. De-radicalizing, people who don't even care for their own lives.

7 Likes

With oil money. These guys are useless. Where are all BMC Transvestites and rapists?

1 Like

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2019
lol

ISSOKAY

It's all the same game. Afterall, they give amnesties to thieves and MILITANTS too. One is currently running his masters program in my department. The guy na big noise maker.
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by jaymejate: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2019
Haaaa

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Politicians Don't Like You Whether Igbo Or Yoruba - Peter PSquare / Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos / Atiku Abubakar Meets With Young Content Creators, Entrepreneurs And Entertainers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.