Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Rio Ferdinand Releases Statement After His Wife Sadly Passes Away - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rio Ferdinand Releases Statement After His Wife Sadly Passes Away (403 Views)

This Guy's Job Is To Distribute Condoms At The RIO Olympics / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics / Rio 2016: Egyptians Wear Hijab While Playing Volleyball With Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rio Ferdinand Releases Statement After His Wife Sadly Passes Away by wiringdpt(m): 1:52pm On May 02, 2015
Footballer Rio Ferdinand this morning announced that his wife has sadly passed away.

He a released a statement through Queens Park Rangers' official website saying:

My soul mate slipped away last night. Rebecca, my wonderful wife, passed away peacefully after a short battle with cancer at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London. She was a fantastic loving mother to our three beautiful children. She will be missed as a wife, sister, aunt, daughter and granddaughter. She will live on in our memory, as a guide and inspiration. Myself, my parents Janice and Julian, along with Rebecca's parents Lesley and Stephen, would like to thank our families, friends and my club colleagues who have rallied around in these desperate days, weeks and months. I would also like to express my gratitude for the dedication and expertise of the staff led by Professors Johnstone and Clarke at the Royal Marsden. Their valiant efforts to prolong Rebecca's all-too-short life will not be forgotten. Our grief, as a family, is total. We would appreciate being allowed to mourn privately.

Our thoughts are with Rio and his family through this difficult time for them.

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/rio-ferdinand-releases-statement-after-his-wife-sadly-passes-away

(1) (Reply)

Just What Kind Of Fight Will Mayweather-pacquiao Be? / I Am Better Than Muhammad Ali – Floyd Mayweather Speaks / The Labour Of Our Heroes Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.