Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,684 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals (12543 Views)

Edo 2016: Ize-iyamu, PDP Leaders Wasting Their Time – Airhiavbere / Governors-Elect Who Are Likely To Lose At The Tribunals / Which Governor-Elects Are Likely To Be Removed By Tribunals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by Islie: 2:16pm On May 02, 2015
Senator-elect and Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio, has advised candidates of other political parties who were defeated in the 2015 general elections not to waste their time and money on tribunal seeking for cancellation of the polls.

This was as he noted that any candidate that failed to get the endorsement of the labour force in the state for governorship and other elective positions will not win in any election.

Speaking during this year’s May Day celebration in Uyo on Friday, Akpabio stated that the workers had in 2014 assembled themselves and by early 2015, long before the first elections, endorsed the Peoples Democratic Party candidate, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, as governorship candidate of the state.

While observing that the labour force in the state represents voters in every family, in every unit, in every ward, and in every local government across the entire state, the Governor asserted that no one can make it on his own unless the owners of the state, the workers’ endorse you.

According to him, “For those who lost the elections and are still clamouring to go to tribunal, I want to remind them that nobody, I repeat nobody has ever been governor of Akwa Ibom State except the labour force in Akwa Ibom approved of him in advance.

“In 2007 the labour force in Akwa Ibom State endorsed me; in 1999 the labour force endorsed former governor Victor Attah; in 2003 the labour force still endorsed Obong Attah for a second term. In 2007 the labour force in advance endorsed me despite the fact that we were 57 aspirants and I was successful. And in 2011, the labour force, despite all the politicking came together and endorsed me for a second term and I won.

“In 2014, the labour force came together and by early 2015, long before the first elections, they endorsed Udom Emmanuel. The labour force represents voters in every family, in every unit, in every ward, and in every local government across the entire state: you cannot make it on your own unless the owners of the state, the workers endorse you.”

Akpabio continued, “So, today we have a governor-elect; my appeal to you all is forget about tribunal; do not waste money in the tribunal because you cannot change the hands of the clock.

“God has spoken through the people, God has spoken through the workers, come back and join your people to build your state. Let us solidarize with the governor-elect of the state and all the elected representatives and ensure peace and harmony in Akwa Ibom State,” he said.

The outgoing Governor disclosed that there was an internal arrangement that the next governor of Akwa Ibom State should come from Akwa Ibom South Senatorial District, having had governors from Akwa Ibom North-East and North-West respectively.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/02/akpabio-advises-losers-of-2015-polls-against-wasting-their-money-on-tribunals/

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 02, 2015
Because he mistakenly won senate election? Selfish man!! Btw, is it his money??

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by Redoil: 2:45pm On May 02, 2015
That is where PDPwill continue to be wiser than them

10 Likes

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by ijustdey: 2:57pm On May 02, 2015
Akpabio continued, “So, today we have a
governor-elect; my appeal to you all is forget about tribunal; do not waste money in the tribunal because you cannot change the hands of the clock.

I hope those that are challenging the results of whoever wins fairly at the tribunals can reasons with Akpabio

especially those from the SW

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by kazmanbanjoko(m): 3:44pm On May 02, 2015
No, they no dey tell person na. The money is too much for dem, na wetin cause am be dat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by ticker(m): 3:45pm On May 02, 2015
He is talking sense abeg

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by efilefun(m): 3:46pm On May 02, 2015
Well they need to satisfy themselves so let them head to court atleast they would spend more of the looted funds pursing a dead hope. While those with enough facts and evidence will surely triumph.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by eCollynzo: 3:47pm On May 02, 2015
Rubbish, sensational title.
He was talking about Akwa Ibom alone.
Abia will hold another election.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by magabounce(m): 3:48pm On May 02, 2015
tell dem o
Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by drtwist(m): 3:48pm On May 02, 2015
I see reason with him;; because the tribunal with be busy coming out with nothing this time around. unlike b4 all election was rigged considering what will happen at the tribunal.
Enough brain was apply rigging election this time around
Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by dabrake(m): 3:48pm On May 02, 2015
Orisirisi.
Unfortunately, Tribunal loading . . .
Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by atlwireles: 3:48pm On May 02, 2015
The true losers of this election are Nigerian lawyers. God, the way PDP supporters walked away from challenging most of the election results is just too sweet. Now the progressive lawyers must await their hero buhari to supply them political cases.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by pendusky(m): 3:48pm On May 02, 2015
himkers:

You don't even know the man u called "Selfish" he's the best Governor who give freely!

And he never won Senate seat Mistakenly!

He's a Lion! I repeat He's a Lion no one has ever won him!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by kennydee05(m): 3:49pm On May 02, 2015
Tell them ooo because isn't business as usual....
Change has arrived... also tell your people to put their houses in order and tell them to say no to corruption.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 02, 2015
grin cheesy
Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by Nicepoker(m): 3:49pm On May 02, 2015
himkers:
but not as poor as u

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 02, 2015
It's a good advice. I succumb to that theory. However it is important in cases where the margin isn't very wide. For instance if the margin between these two fictitious parties are:
ASP: 2,376,972
PSD: 2,321,898
Then a tribunal wouldn't be a bad idea because anything can happen. However, if the margin is wide. I.e. The case of Rivers, Delta and even the Presidential elections, there would be no need to petition because even if some areas are canceled, the margin is still too wide to call.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by madridguy(m): 3:49pm On May 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by Aitee1: 3:50pm On May 02, 2015
owo annang ade owo Uko! wink

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:50pm On May 02, 2015
GEJ heeded. After wasting two trillion, he learnt his lesson.
Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by Nicepoker(m): 3:51pm On May 02, 2015
Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by exemen: 3:52pm On May 02, 2015
.........LOLLL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by AhmedMustapha(m): 3:52pm On May 02, 2015
Not in all states though
Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 02, 2015
Tell them...
Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by Realgana(m): 3:54pm On May 02, 2015
The guy no want make lawyers chop.
The guy above me is not making sense.
The guy below me is high on Akpabio's dry sh*t.
Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by anigold(m): 3:56pm On May 02, 2015
himkers:

This is the height of bad-bellism. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by anigold(m): 3:58pm On May 02, 2015
eCollynzo:
Rubbish, sensational title.
He was talking about Akwa Ibom alone.
Abia will hold another election.

And you will vote alone... grin grin grin
Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 02, 2015
go to tribunals and still lose - double loss! cheesy loser o o o loser... loser o o o loser cheesy
Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by anigold(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2015
atlwireles:
The true losers of this election are Nigerian lawyers. God, the way PDP supporters walked away from challenging most of the election results is just too sweet. Now the progressive lawyers must await their hero buhari to supply them political cases.

Yes PDP supporters walk away that shows they are true democrats... When APC loses people have to die which is so barbaric...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 02, 2015
Those Rivers APC clowns should go to court and waste their looted cash

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose Offers To Pay N5,000 To 10,000 Underprivileged Residents Monthly / Xenophobic Attacks: Why Nigeria Won't Retaliate Now - Gbajabiamila / Please, No 2019 For Buhari - By Ochereome Nnanna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.