Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Are Tattooes A Sign Of Irresponsibility? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are Tattooes A Sign Of Irresponsibility? (1516 Views)

First Sign Of MMM Crash / In Russia They Have Got River Of Blood, Like A Sign Of The End Of Time!!! / Guy Tattooes Nigeria's Coat Of Arms On His Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Tattooes A Sign Of Irresponsibility? by zinachidi(m): 8:21pm On May 02, 2015
hey y'all, so my pals and i were arguing about this all day(yeah, literally) for almost 10 hours, the argument is still on as i type this.

My opinion is that tattooes do not necessarily give an impression that one is irresponsible,.

Buh my die hard 'opponents' stand by the fact that if u have a tattoo, u are a not responsible either u are a runs girl or u a gang member, and many other vices to name a few. That u cant even get a job here if ur employers see u with one.

I have a small cross at the back of my ear, and i wanna remove it.

So guys what is take on this. Opinions are needed.

Cheers.
Re: Are Tattooes A Sign Of Irresponsibility? by 42n8dzydoo(m): 8:24pm On May 02, 2015
Nigerian mentality, yes! But those judgemental ppl we meet are even better that the ones we consider 'straight'
Re: Are Tattooes A Sign Of Irresponsibility? by MRBrownJ: 9:39pm On May 02, 2015
@OP
pls remind your friend that many african tribes use tattoo on their bodies and this has nothing to do with irresponsibilities. oh and by the way, some of the oldest tattoos known to mankind were discovered on the body of an AFRICAN.

Re: Are Tattooes A Sign Of Irresponsibility? by zinachidi(m): 12:58am On May 03, 2015
MRBrownJ:
@OP
pls remind your friend that many african tribes use tattoo on their bodies and this has nothing to do with irresponsibilities. oh and by the way, some of the oldest tattoos known to mankind were discovered on the body of an AFRICAN.

thanks bro, though i wish u were to point this out. They say tattoo is a mark of slavery, and began all these their end time talk, me tire.
Re: Are Tattooes A Sign Of Irresponsibility? by zinachidi(m): 1:00am On May 03, 2015
42n8dzydoo:
Nigerian mentality, yes! But those judgemental ppl we meet are even better that the ones we consider 'straight'
i slighty dont understand u. Though their main point is that most responsible people like bankers, doctors, dont have one.
Re: Are Tattooes A Sign Of Irresponsibility? by MRBrownJ: 1:11am On May 03, 2015
zinachidi:
thanks bro, though i wish u were to point this out. They say tattoo is a mark of slavery, and began all these their end time talk, me tire.

well your friends have to stick to the subject at hand........ if they want to argue HOW tattooing started then it is another subject. but so far as tattoo is concerned, everyone has the right to decide if it is nice to look at or not. but the history of tattoos and tribal markings dates back to WAY before slavery days.

the tattoos you see on people today is a copy of what our ancestors and others used to do back in the early days to represent your clan/culture etc

here is a simple question you should ask your friend:"why do you think that a marking on someone's skin defines who they are as a person? are you telling us all that if the best possible person in the world decides to get a tattoo then she is automatically bad from that day forth?"
Re: Are Tattooes A Sign Of Irresponsibility? by zinachidi(m): 1:16am On May 03, 2015
MRBrownJ:

well your friends have to stick to the subject at hand........ if they want to argue HOW tattooing started then it is another subject. but so far as tattoo is concerned, everyone has the right to decide if it is nice to look at or not. but the history of tattoos and tribal markings dates back to WAY before slavery days.

the tattoos you see on people today is a copy of what our ancestors and others used to do back in the early days to represent your clan/culture etc

here is a simple question you should ask your friend:"why do you think that a marking on someone's skin defines who they are as a person? are you telling us all that if the best possible person in the world decides to get a tattoo then she is automatically bad from that day forth?"
exactly my point, they just sticking to the fact that tattooes are not for responsible people. Damn
Re: Are Tattooes A Sign Of Irresponsibility? by MRBrownJ: 1:59am On May 03, 2015
zinachidi:
exactly my point, they just sticking to the fact that tattooes are not for responsible people. Damn

lol, then you have to accept that everything you will tell them wont change anything, as they have nothing to bring to the table, than their own views and beliefs (without any facts to back that up)
Re: Are Tattooes A Sign Of Irresponsibility? by zinachidi(m): 3:17am On May 03, 2015
MRBrownJ:

lol, then you have to accept that everything you will tell them wont change anything, as they have nothing to bring to the table, than their own views and beliefs (without any facts to back that up)
ya I guess so, thanks for enlightening me more though.

(1) (Reply)

Tehn Progress Update Re: EZE / Brothers In Arms (BIA3) Cheat Needed! / “I Wil Never Stop Until I’m Too Fat To Move” – Woman Who Wants To Be The World’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.