Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,003 members, 7,863,611 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

Who Are The Called? And Who Are The Gifted? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are The Called? And Who Are The Gifted? (766 Views)

The Caller And The Called / Gifted Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The Called? And Who Are The Gifted? by Arrowman(m): 10:57pm On May 02, 2015
WHO ARE THE CALLED? And WHO ARE THE GIFTED?

I always feel sad when i read or hear bad news of our christian preachers(pastors) of either raping,cheating,robbery etc against members of their church or the public...one begins to ask are these men/women really men of God?were they really called by God to preach the gospel?could it be the devil's handwork etc
Though the bible let us to know that men were created to disobey...meaning men can never be perfect in life...beginning from the first parent on earth(Adam and Eve) we are all bound to fail at one point or the other...but we were also encouraged not to lose hope,but to rise up again after falling....
But was this failure on the part of men of God of today experienced on preachers and prophets of the past?and why?
Really when we begin to read the bible from genesis to revelation we can see that most preachers/prophets of the past were actually ‪# called‬by God Himself to preach or lead the people...unliketodays prophets and preachers of the word of God...most preachers today are ‪# gifted‬pastors and priests...that my father trained me well in christian doctrine,and i can explain and preach the gospel,so i can now build my church and have my own congregations...this type of preachers are called gifted pastors....theyrely on wisdom and knowledge God gave them and decided to establish their church....i walked through some of the streets of ‪# zaria‬and counted numerous churches,some bearing strange names...one may ask do people worship here?just a room apartment and you call it a church?..terrible...i do ask myself christopher, what is the causes of this?could these also be signs of end time or what?and who are the people coming here to worship?dont they go to churches before coming here?what makes people to change from their original church to other churches? The question is just numerous...
What most generation pastors dont understand about the gift of the holy spirit is these...for example christopher is a catholic,a very known catholic and so suddenly due to his fervent prayers and how committed he is to the catholic church,on a certain day i discovered that i have the gift of ‪# healing‬which was bestowed on me by the holy spirit...that do not mean i should leave catholic church to establish my own church,know! That gift of healing was actually giving to me to touch my fellow catholic members lifes,to heal them,to win more souls to the catholic faith,to be more close to the catholic doctrines and teachings and not to robbe God of His gift to me...that is why you see some pastors faultering,theycan not meet up after some years...you see them totally lose their faith,the wise ones among them do humble their self by coming back to apologise to their original church..and submit themself back...the proud go on misbehaving and disgracing the christendom by what they preach,how they act and even going on to associate themself with the dark world...LORD HAVE MERCY....the only way is to know were we are coming from and also were we are heading to...establishing so many churches can never i repeat never ever be the way to salvation...your way of life and your relationship with the creator is what matters the most.not the church...stop wondering about for the bible say their are many wolves that are clothed in sheep clothings... and if one is not careful,one day you might fall prey to them....and also remember the word of the Lord that says...not all that calls Lord Lord shall be saved on the last day...my brothers and sisters remain with what you know..for its said the devil you know is better than the angels you do not know....a word is enough for the wise.

(1) (Reply)

The Two Most Important Books Of The Holy Bible Amongst Others. / I Am No More A Muslim-ghanaian Actress / The Seas And The Waves Are Roaring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.