Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

My Dealdey Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Dealdey Experience (2701 Views)

Dealdey Is Going Bankrupt. Beware Nigerians!!! / How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey / Sellers And Buyers Should Boycott Dealdey!! They Exploit Sellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dealdey Experience by kolokolobi(m): 9:49am On May 03, 2015
I'm constantly studying business models to find the hot spots on the value chain and also analyse the borders of their unique competing space. I've experienced konga and jumia and so decided to shop with dealdeyto find what stands them out. So I loaded my wallet and shopped for a few items. I read clearly that I will get the items ready for pick up within ten days. I chose the utako, abuja centre for pick up.
On day 10 I was notified that 2 of the items I had ordered where ready for collection so I went to the collection centre. I was amazed when I saw one of the customer agents going through giant bags searching for my items. I expected that all I needed was to indicate what I had to pick up and within a few minuites I would have signed a few papers and would be off. That was a suprise. The customer agents where laid back young chaps, was shocked to see a food vendor pass through with a plate in hand and staff just buzzing through and by with no attempt to manage a business atmosphere. Finally they found the items so I left.
As the days went by I recieved notices about progress made on the other orders most of which arrived after the 10 day period that was promised while the order was placed. No apologies where offered neither was there any explanations while messages and mails came through about processing bla bla bla. Customer service demands that you do not over promise but rather over deliver. Then if I had ordered 10 items I then needed to make almost as many trips to collection centre. I don't have that time so I'm being discouraged to shop here again.
The items available appear cheaper than competitors based on my observation but not keeping their promise on when it will be available for pick up is a no no. I purchased one of the items for a very good client who I know needed the item but always forgot to get it. I promised to bring it over within 2 weeks but dealdey failed me.
Finally dealdey risks a competitor with same model coming into the market and fine tuning some of the points I raised. The Nigerian online store market by my estimation is still in its infancy and as the years go by the massive market begins to attract new entrants. The competition will be fierce and only those that do the right things now will dominate and probably drive some others under.

Modified: The idea of loading my wallet makes me loose control of my money as I'm not sure I can reverse this. I'd rather pay for what I buy and exit at same point rather than maintain funds in my wallet. It's actually not my wallet. It's dealdey's wallet. If it's mine I should have the liberty to open it and do as I please rather than have it tied down to dealdey purchases only.

3 Likes

Re: My Dealdey Experience by redcliff: 10:10am On May 03, 2015
I know your type
Re: My Dealdey Experience by kolokolobi(m): 10:14am On May 03, 2015
My type. Please enlighten me more.
Re: My Dealdey Experience by Nobody: 10:23am On May 03, 2015
I no read you epistle o. I just see collect and I park. you received what you paid for, what more do u want?
Re: My Dealdey Experience by kolokolobi(m): 10:55am On May 03, 2015
Sorry bro you don't seem to get the point Or points. I didn't write them off I only pointed out issues which if they are serious about their business they will gladly embrase or at least look at. A lot of businesses operate at parity level some operate at order winning levels. If you ask dealdey I'm sure they want to operate at order winning levels. If you ever want to succeed in business customer feedback is a free tool to designing change processes and giving the customer, without whom you'd be in business, that ultimate experience or even the wow, even spelt backwards, effect.

2 Likes

Re: My Dealdey Experience by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 03, 2015
I agree with the Kolokolobi. Businesses dont grow without constructive criticism, and its is important for businesses and consumers to be aware of the fact that the marketing process is not complete until the goods are in the hands of the buyer. So if there is a hitch anywhere in the process, there is need for a company to address it.
I love dealdey too. They have the best deals in Nigeria's online shopping space right now. But the few times i purchased stuff from them too, getting my goods was quite a problem.........the delivery arrived about four days late and i emailed customer care severally but got no reply. and the encounter discouraged me from buying stuff from them again.
Its easy for a business to believe they are the best in the market, but a small competitor that addresses whatever loophole they have will give them a run for their money. In many cases, businesses dont recover from stuff like that. The story of Orijin in Nigeria's alchoholic beverage market is a good example of that

1 Like

Re: My Dealdey Experience by kolokolobi(m): 4:43pm On May 03, 2015
@bodashee. ...long time. You are more or less echoing my thoughts.
Re: My Dealdey Experience by Guyman02: 3:34pm On May 08, 2015
At Dealdey you cant even track your purchases on their platform and their delivery seems like eternity. They have some good cheap items with poor quality sometimes. The say delivery is between 4-5 days or 10 days but sometimes you get your items after 1 month and you pay before delivery. Dealdey is frustrating compared to their sister company Konga which are owned by the person Sim Shagaya
Re: My Dealdey Experience by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 08, 2015
redcliff:
I know your type
hahaha....those complaining about dealdey,I know your type...na your type go order for items and later reject the items when delivered giving useless excuses...

Dealdey....I like that wallet thing jarey...thumbs up..you are not like konga and Jumia that tolerates nonsense from all those unserious buyers..
Re: My Dealdey Experience by Kk4(m): 3:45am On May 09, 2015
Dealdey need to improve their services, especially their delivery time frame.

Its been over a month and I have not gotten the goods I ordered for and they don't even bother to tell you there is going to be a delay, except when you call or email them.

I have asked for a refund and they said my acct will be credited within 7 working days. I hope that one is not another month cos I can't fit shout.

1 Like

Re: My Dealdey Experience by Code213: 8:42am On May 09, 2015
omoteamac:
hahaha....those complaining about dealdey,I know your type...na your type go order for items and later reject the items when delivered giving useless excuses...

Dealdey....I like that wallet thing jarey...thumbs up..you are not like konga and Jumia that tolerates nonsense from all those unserious buyers..

Are you a Retard? undecided

Re: My Dealdey Experience by Nobody: 10:32am On May 09, 2015
Code213:

Are you a Retard? undecided

you are CODED ma.d man or woman
Re: My Dealdey Experience by kolokolobi(m): 8:21pm On May 09, 2015
@omoteamac. ...For starters you are quite rude. All you needed to do was make your point even though a counter point but not referring to any one by calling names. For your info one of my items I realised on opening when I got home was broken but I didn't return it as I took it as my problem since I didn't open it right there. Next time I'll open right in front of the customer care person so I start my return process imediately. Finally your seem ignorant to refer to customers as giving useless excuses. Please do so in your business and you may end up mopping floors at your competitors facility.

1 Like

Re: My Dealdey Experience by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 09, 2015
kolokolobi:
@omoteamac. ...For starters you are quite rude. All you needed to do was make your point even though a counter point but not referring to any one by calling names. For your info one of my items I realised on opening when I got home was broken but I didn't return it as I took it as my problem since I didn't open it right there. Next time I'll open right in front of the customer care person so I start my return process imediately. Finally your seem ignorant to refer to customers as giving useless excuses. Please do so in your business and you may end up mopping floors at your competitors facility.
who are you to tell me that i am rude...?
Re: My Dealdey Experience by kolokolobi(m): 8:08am On May 10, 2015
I Won't dignify you with any other responce.
Re: My Dealdey Experience by Nobody: 11:57am On May 10, 2015
Ok...thanks
Re: My Dealdey Experience by dROC1: 11:17pm On May 10, 2015
My last order from dealdey was to be delivered in 10 business days but took well over a month for delivery.

For my present order I am expecting the same shitty customer service and long delays for an item I could just drive to a store and purchase. I do not intend to do any further business with dealdey after this because the delays defeat the affordability of the commodity ordered.
Re: My Dealdey Experience by kolokolobi(m): 11:28pm On May 10, 2015
The last item to be delivered took them a whole three weeks plus. Then when an item arrived while I was away I was then sent a message that since I did not come to pick it after seven days I should therefore reschedule. I ask, what penalty they took upon themselves when they missed their own delivery dates. Well that did it for me, the deal with dealdey is off.
Re: My Dealdey Experience by EnterPRO: 9:00am On May 11, 2015
that rescheduling part pisses me off too.

I ordered about 10 items and they kept arriving in bits. while waiting for all 10 to arrive so I can pick them all up at once, I get an email that one of my items is past pick up date and I have to reschedule. seriously?

I've paid for it so why can't they keep it in their office till I'm ready? or send a 3 day reminder? they prefer to send it back to the warehouse.

funny chaps.

secondly, a lot of deals need to be verified. adding a comments/review section on their app would help prospective buyers.

I purchased a medical checkup coupon only to get there and find it run by charlatans.

I also purchased a hot selling mosquito killer night lamp that turned out to be more of a toy and packed up in 2 days. reviews from the over 270 people who also bought it would have saved me here.

I'm enjoying the other products I bought though.

1 Like

Re: My Dealdey Experience by naijacutee(f): 9:20am On May 11, 2015
Regarding item quality: Dealdey does not hold any of it's own stock and it is a deals market place with deals being supplied by you and I. The risk is then that while there are quality control measures in place, they can only offer for sale what suppliers bring to them to sell. The mandate is for us all to increase the quality of goods we sell in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Dealdey Experience by ROBEN(m): 11:46am On May 11, 2015
I must admit that i have bought quite a few items from Dealdey but i feel sometimes they just advertise without recourse to the quality of items they put on their site. I bought and was delivered a samsung Note 3 charger less thank 3 weeks ago; the charger was delivered and when I opened,it was the fakest charger ever even worst than what you buy from a roadside hawker at 1/5th of the price from dealdey. As I write now, the charger has stopped working after charging very slowly for about 5 days. If you contact dealdey , their excuse will be that it's outside their 3 or so days return policy. I dont even have the time of taking it to their ofiices and back so I let sleeping dog lie. That is totally unfair on their customers, if the quality of what you are advertising cannot be certified by you, why put it up for sale at such a ludicrous price.

1 Like

Re: My Dealdey Experience by kolokolobi(m): 8:47pm On May 11, 2015
On item quality I'd say all I've gotten except one were quite okay. Having to go back numerous times for items I ordered for on same transaction tranche is a no brainer. Why not get all items that were ordered for in same shopping cart be brought together and get a notice for same to be picked up.
Re: My Dealdey Experience by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 17, 2015
Well,dealdey is kinda like nairaland or other fora where people advertise their products. Their mandate is to make the information available to you. And your mandate is to be extra careful when picking deals. They simply cannot be held responsible no matter how you choose to look at it
Re: My Dealdey Experience by kolokolobi(m): 6:59am On May 18, 2015
I know there's a return policy literature somewhere but I don't wanna go through the hassle so I just let it slide.
Re: My Dealdey Experience by Krak(m): 8:19am On May 18, 2015
redcliff:
I know your type

This sounds soo immature.
Re: My Dealdey Experience by hedgesfun(m): 11:29am On May 18, 2015
my own simple question is did you call, write or text them or contact them in any way to point out all these to them directly before coming on a public forum to tell of ur displeasure on a private deal with an organization, or did nairaland recommend them to you for you to believe you can report them on here? have u imagined what impact this can have on their business and if it was your business that this action is taking on how would you have felt considering d person involved has not contacted you to lay complain if you had not.
Re: My Dealdey Experience by kolokolobi(m): 3:45pm On May 18, 2015
@ hedgesfun. ....If you don't know that customer relationship management and the customer experience has moved away from the back room and onto the plate in front of you and every one else then you better wake up and smell the coffee. I'm just relieving my experience. Businesses that know what's going on know the social media and Internet has put in the hands of the customer a tool it can use to express him or herself. I just used mine. Period.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Coping With Gambling Addiction / Effect Of Erratic Power Supply In Nigeria / ad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.