Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Sellers And Buyers Should Boycott Dealdey!! They Exploit Sellers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sellers And Buyers Should Boycott Dealdey!! They Exploit Sellers (5187 Views)

Naira Shortage Forces Banks To Boycott CBN Dollar Sale / Bank Customers Boycott Banks On #nobankingday (photos) / Will Nigerians Boycott Banks On Tuesday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sellers And Buyers Should Boycott Dealdey!! They Exploit Sellers by jemeka11: 4:56pm On May 20, 2015
When I started dealing with dealdey as a seller, I had a pretty good experience with them. Our agreement at the time was that when ever they post a product that I offer them to sell (mind you, they do not commit their money in this process, you sell the product on their platform and they take a huge commission), they will not post any other similar product to compete with mine at thesame time. My products did well whenever I posted it on deal dey. BUt then I noticed that deal dey found out that the product was doing well and started sending out their employees to find people that sell similar products and also to encourage other sellers to look into my products because it sells well. I felt exploited!! extremely disgusted by their tactic they used to prey on sellers that are just trying to make ends meet.

Today, dealdey will post your product and also post several other products that are similar to yours. at the end of the day, they DO NOT CARE!! they are getting their commission anyway.

SO my advise is that Sellers that want to make a breakthrough on ecommerce in Nigeria is to focus on JUMIA and KONGA. Dealdey does not have your best interest at hand. You can reach thesame customers and enjoy a higher margin without experiencing the sand bagging commission that dealdey forces on you. If you want to protect your business and what you sell, STAY AWAY FROM DEALDEY!!!

As a Buyer on dealdey.. I think their effort the provide eye catching deals makes them go for very low quality items and then use deceiving description and pictures to sway you into making a purchase. I had to ask for my money back after i purchased an item from them that looked nothing like what i saw on the the picture.

This is my story and I am sticking to it smiley.. I want to hear your experience

1 Like

Re: Sellers And Buyers Should Boycott Dealdey!! They Exploit Sellers by afanide: 6:28pm On May 20, 2015
I understand they charge 25% interest of each item you sell on their platform.

That's way too high for merchants. I have registered with them and will upload my items soon. But am begining to give it a second thought.

Konga is the best. Jumia's commission is quite high too.
Re: Sellers And Buyers Should Boycott Dealdey!! They Exploit Sellers by jemeka11: 2:39am On May 21, 2015
first of all, they force you to sell at an extremely low price, then they are entitled to a 25% commission on whatever you sell, which is extremely high. think about it, when you sell at a wholesale price, you the seller isn't even making 25% profit!!! YOU ARE SI MPLY NOT!! so why should we give that to dealdey!! You should really rethink your decision to list with them, unless you have a proprietary item that you alone have access to sell and you are protected in some way. If not, if you try it on Dealdey and it does well, game over for your business on dealdey. They really force sellers to sell their products at wholesale price while they enjoy their commission and displace other sellers that are trying to make a living from their physical shops or on Konga or Jumia.

Jumia does have a higher commission but i think that it comes with more service. they come to your shop or home, wherever you operate from to pick up your merchandise for shipment whenever you make a sale. I think that justifies their commission. Even though the Jumia Marketplace can be very lousy in thier service. When you make a sale, it can take them 2weeks before picking up your order, by then the customers isn't interested anymore and your good will be returned. I experience close to 50% of my sales returned with Jumia marketplace.

I can't say this any louder!!! STAY AWAY FROM DEALDEY IF YOU WANT TO REMAIN A SUSTAINABLE SELLER. What you make from dealdey is peanuts compared to the profit margins that you can enjoy on konga and jumia and any other ecommerce platform

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why You Should Add Youtube Video Marketing To Your Campaign / How Can I Make Money With My Liberty Reserve? / Nigerian Penny Stocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.