Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] (24196 Views)

Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / You Can’t Use And Dump Us – APC Youths Tell Buhari / Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Surplus90(m): 12:00pm On May 03, 2015
Alhaji Adamu Muazu, the national chairman of the
Peoples Democratic Party, on Saturday told the
members of the party that he would not resign
despite the woeful performance at the 2015
general elections.
The PDP National Chairman said this in reaction
to calls for his resignation over the outcome of
the 2015 elections in which the party lost the
presidential as well as its majority control of
National Assembly and state gubernatorial seats
to the opposition All Progressive Congress for the
first time in 16 years.
In a statement on Saturday, Mu’azu faulted the
call for his resignation and those of the National
Working Committee arguing that the party should
stop its penchant to use and dump its officials.
“The developing culture of using and dumping has
reached fratricidal proportions in the PDP and it
must end. You cannot be changing Chairmen and
NWC every year and still have cohesion which is
a vital ingredient of winning. A good example
occurred when we changed five Senate Presidents
in eight years and produced calamity in the
process, but for eight years we have had one
senate president and produced harmony between
the presidency and parliament.
“It is also time to end the spate of in-fighting and
blame games currently dominating the political
discourse among our membership and the
leadership. It will do no one any good. The
present leadership has until next year to run their
course. The party will then decide how to deal
with the zoning of the next leadership and
strategies for winning the 2019 elections.”
Mu’azu said how to reinvent itself should be the
preoccupation of the party now instead of
indulging in blame game. “The elixir the Peoples
Democratic Party needs to reinvent itself and
retake power in 2019 instead of wasting time and
energy mudslinging and blame gaming over the
party’s failed bid to win a fourth consecutive
presidential election victory.”
According to him, stories spreading like wild fire
in the social media about schisms in the PDP can
only energise the incoming administration of the
APC and its desire to kill the PDP.
“But we can shock them with our usual resilience
and ability to turn the tables particularly as they
are already developing a tottering ineptitude in
their transition progression to power.
“Our game plan is to provide a virile opposition to
the new government which we have already
graciously given a lifeline by conceding defeat and
avoiding a calamitous battle in the courts.
“The international community have noted this
great act of statesmanship on our part and we
shall continue in this mode to show our
commitment towards entrenching democracy in
our country.
“It is therefore time for our great party to reinvent
ourselves, show great maturity and map out a
strategy that will return us to power in 2019.
“Despite losing our dominance in the National
Assembly, our party has the largest number of
experienced legislators in both chambers and will
surely be calling the shots there. We will however
help to reduce the imminent issue of learning
process occasioned by the horde of inexperienced
APC members in both houses because of national
interest.
“Great lessons to be learned from the outcome of
the 2015 Elections are many and I have already
mentioned this in earlier interactions with the
media.
“Lessons of candidate imposition, deepening of
internal democracy in our party and other obvious
lessons we need to learn for future guidance. It is
so important for us to learn from what has
happened. We must note that when the going
gets tough, only the tough like the PDP can get
going”, said Muazu.
He added that defection to the APC by members
of the PDP was the most stupid thing going on
within our party at the moment.
“Personally it does not worry me but I shudder at
the wedge placed by the new ruling party banning
the incoming troupes. It shows signs of how they
will run the country from May 29 2015. It shows
how they will not regard non APC Nigerians as
part of their responsibility which will be a shame.”
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/02/you-cant-use-and-dump-me-muazu-tells-pdp-members/

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Ebubeslym(m): 12:02pm On May 03, 2015
They didn't use you.
rather you used PDP.

YOU are already a goner.
stop clutching at straws (by playing the victim) it won't save your a5s.

Bye Muazu..

you couldn't even win your political Ward for PDP.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by benuejosh: 12:05pm On May 03, 2015
I smell the concluding episode of PDP. Meanwhile a reaffirmation of Buhari's promises. Read what he has to say. A revisit... www.nairaland.com/2240192/buharis-blue-print-first-100
Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by wachakuta(m): 12:06pm On May 03, 2015
Mu'azzu chop and clean mouth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by babyfaceafrica: 12:08pm On May 03, 2015
In as much as PDP as failed us..I will very much like them to put their house in order,if this country is to move forward we need a strong opposition to put the broom party in check

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by midolian(m): 12:10pm On May 03, 2015
The 'game changer' that was very instrumental to bringing down the umbrella team.. Thank you, Muazu grin

29 Likes

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Tolexander: 12:14pm On May 03, 2015
He was brought in as a Game Changer to change the game. since he had completed his assignment changing the game from PDP to APC, what else does he want?

18 Likes

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by faray: 12:14pm On May 03, 2015
in case
Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Princecalm(m): 12:15pm On May 03, 2015
How are the so called mighty falling.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by spako4(m): 12:16pm On May 03, 2015
Nigerians have spoken,they wanted CHANGE and they ve gotten it.Please leave Muazu alone.
Nigerians are tired of GEJ and pdp .

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 03, 2015
Muazu I think you should allow for a new leadership.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Ngozi14: 12:17pm On May 03, 2015
Only once PDP have lost presidency in 16 years and dey are having so much internal problems... Says much about d organization of d party

9 Likes

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by kasiem(m): 12:17pm On May 03, 2015
Muazu, let's believe that u didn't sell out pdp but one of the strongest quality of a good leader is charisma.... since u lacked that charisma to even win ur local constituency and u can't also control ur members, I don't think it's quite reasonable for u to still remain as the leader. u can make a wonderful follwer if u so love the party, and u support any charismatic leader with ur ideas for the benefit of our united party.

4 Likes

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Mrbritish(m): 12:17pm On May 03, 2015
Muazu should go and sleep.. He is too dull to be handling such a high demanding positiion..
Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by emeka20091: 12:20pm On May 03, 2015
Ngozi14:
Only once PDP have lost presidency in 16 years and dey are having so much internal problems... Says much about d organization of d party
nawa o...I wish PDP would organize themselves and be a powerful opposition for d sake of our democracy
Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Surplus90(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2015
faray:
in case
in case of what?
Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by ugoogift: 12:24pm On May 03, 2015
We really need PDP strong at dis crucial time in our nation's history.... They'll make a good opposition

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by ugoogift: 12:25pm On May 03, 2015
Ngozi14:
yes true
Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by ugoogift: 12:26pm On May 03, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
In as much as PDP as failed us..I will very much like them to put their house in order,if this country is to move forward we need a strong opposition to put the broom party in check
my point exactly
Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Tolexander: 12:28pm On May 03, 2015
kasiem:
Muazu, let's believe that u didn't sell out pdp but one of the strongest quality of a good leader is charisma.... since u lacked that charisma to even win ur local constituency and u can't also control ur members, I don't think it's quite reasonable for u to still remain as the leader. u can make a wonderful follwer if u so love the party, and u support any charismatic leader with ur ideas for the benefit of our united party.
John Odigie Oyegun, APC national chairman also didn't win his unit and ward.

6 Likes

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Optional2(f): 12:28pm On May 03, 2015
I dy watch
Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Surplus90(m): 12:29pm On May 03, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
one origin for u

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 03, 2015
Muazu should honourably step down because He was the mole in PDP. A case in point is how Labaran Maku was rigged out even when it was known that he was the best PDP candidate

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Ngozi14: 12:33pm On May 03, 2015
PDP should put dia house in order and move on...dis are so many general elections to come...if they make a good opposition, Nigerians might consider in d future...if APC misbehaves
Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 03, 2015
Mumuazu that couldn't deliver his ward....

*but that's none of my business*

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by kasiem(m): 12:36pm On May 03, 2015
Tolexander:
John Oyegun didn't win his local constituency also.
like one proverb has it, ' he who is leading without anyone following him is only taking a walk' and u lead right from your doorsteps then to the outside world. For someone who couldn't lead any of his kinsmen to claim he's trying to lead a whole country is the height of deception. Let's believe that the presidency failed... why couldn't he help pdp win seats in the state assemblies there? apc won state assembly seats in edo state unlike pdp that failed in bauchi state.
Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 03, 2015
Sacking Mu’azu or d NWC will worsen the crisis. This current setback is an opportunity for pdp to purify itself. They ran an uncoordinated and non-issue based campaign during the recent presidential election build up. Wasting their time talking about certificate, teaching Nigerians history on past buhari's regime, jogging and exercising to show that GEJ is "fit" and all manner of mundane things.

I have learnt from PDP's mistakes and I hope PDP has also learnt. Because we need a strong and cordinated opposition in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by omenka(m): 1:49pm On May 03, 2015
I don't even understand why anyone would wanna blame this man for PDP's woeful outing at the polls. He wasn't the campaign coordinator and the downfall of the party which started during the defection of Atiku and the governors didn't happen under his watch. Matter of fact, PDP managed to get some people who left back into the party due to Muazu's diplomatic manoeuvres. When the president's wife's utterances were making it impossible for them to operate in the north, they complained but the president turned a blind eye.

Jonathan was a terrible administrator, put up a terrible team to manage his campaign, and had what was coming for him, period.

Whether Muazu survives or not is really not my business anyway. PDP can go to hell for all I care. APGA would make a better opposition.

21 Likes

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by jazzydee: 1:55pm On May 03, 2015
Party leaders world over resigns immediately without cohesion once they fail to led their party to victory in a general election.
Muazu should not wait to be told to leave, he should resign honorably. He failed to win the election, which means his strategy did not work he should take responsibility for the failure and move on.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by ifyan(m): 2:10pm On May 03, 2015
babyfaceafrica:

Should I say supported.

What you just said is the beauty of Democracy.

As for PDP FG is not your Birth Right, put the just concluded election behind and put your house together.

Strategies on 2019 believe me you can. ......

You know. ...
Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by koma1(m): 2:45pm On May 03, 2015
Sacking muazu will worsen there situation.they should rather bury their differences and form a stronger opposition and stop the blaming game. Those that accuse muazu of sabotage should know that there is no living northerner that can withstand buhari's popularity in the north

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] by atlwireles: 2:56pm On May 03, 2015
First order of business will be the sacking of Muazu and the entire NWC, they're free to join APC. PDP cannot rebuild itself in the next 4 years. The party will consolidate its base and go from there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi / Buhari Signs Bills On Terrorism, Money Laundering, Electoral Act / Obasanjo Visits Christ Embassy (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.