Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan (24161 Views)

Buhari Often Skipped School And Was Always Flogged By Schoolmaster - John Paden / John Paden's Book On President Muhammadu Buhari And His Dirty Little Lies - Ffk / Tinubu Chose Osinbajo For Buhari, Was Not Interested In VP: Ibrahim To Paden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by ijustdey: 10:10am On Oct 11, 2016
John Paden, the authorised biographer of President Muhammadu Buhari, says the president had evidence to put former President Goodluck Jonathan in jail for corruption, but he did not want to do so.

In his book, ‘Muhammadu Buhari: Challenges of Leadership in Nigeria,’ Paden, a professor of international studies, wrote that Buhari was more concerned about recovering stolen funds than about jailing anybody.

He said Buhari had letters in his possession showing Jonathan’s request for off-budget funds.

Buhari recently praised Jonathan’s “patriotism” for the post-election stability in 2015 and it would appear – from Paden’s account – that the president was concerned about the political implications of putting his predecessor on trial.

“As of the early months of 2016, it appeared that the EFCC was not going after Jonathan. Nor was it going after former president Obasanjo. The question of the stability of the entire political system seemed at stake,” Paden wrote in chapter 20, page 203.

“In addition, a number of senior military officers who had served as head of state – from Babangida to Abubakar – seemed off limits. Indeed, rumours swirled that if the probes went after senior officers, they might push back, because they had extensive networks in the active military services.

“At the same time, the knowledge such heavyweights possessed could well be traded for immunity, and would help to illuminate the patterns and sources of corruption. Buhari had letters in his possession showing Jonathan’s requests for off-budget funds. But Buhari’s larger purpose was not to put former high-level officials in jail. Rather, it was to retrieve stolen funds and to change the political culture of the country.”

The president’s biographer in chapter 8, page 67 also alleged that Jonathan withdrew “enormous” funds from the treasury as the March 28 presidential election approached.

“The threat of postelection violence was palpable. There would be winners and losers, quite likely with a regional or ethnoreligious profile. The international community was deeply concerned. Was Nigeria on the brink? High level diplomatic demarches were made to both candidates.

A highly publicised ‘Peace Accord’ was signed by Jonathan and Buhari. But would they be able to control grassroots supporters,” he wrote, explaining events leading to the election.

“As March 28 approached, enormous sums of money were withdrawn from the treasury by the incumbents.”

https://www.thecable.ng/paden-buhari-incriminating-evidence-jail-jonathan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by acenazt: 10:17am On Oct 11, 2016
Oga PmB me I no like this kind thing. But if him put Oga GEJ for jail e go be like him dey do vengeance

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by qualityovenbake(m): 10:26am On Oct 11, 2016
John Paden should publish his evidence to the whole world. Tired of this hear say.

137 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by HolyPaul: 10:28am On Oct 11, 2016
Lyk Seriously This Media Accusation And Blame Game Is Getting Old... I Thought They Say Their Is No Respect In D Corruption War, if Buhari Has Any Evidence He Shoul Arrest,and Prosecute Him And Stop Feeding Us All This Rubbish... Mtcheew

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by CHIJIOKE1314: 10:30am On Oct 11, 2016
And Jonathan also posses some evidence to put Buhari and all his predecessors including OBJ in prison..

All the former presidents has evidence to put each other in prison..

178 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by AWONEYAN(m): 10:31am On Oct 11, 2016
This Pardon man....he don do na.....abeg na judges and corruption matter we dey

2 Likes

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by Jengem: 10:34am On Oct 11, 2016
Buhari cannot jail Jonathan. Dem born am well

Amaechi and fashola eat from the same plate with Buhari

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by SamJed(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2016
Me ayav been wondring seens o...in the whole nigeria is there no body qualified to be buharis biographerwhy must it be a white man

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:07am On Oct 11, 2016
Let Him go ahead pls!
Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by biggie73(m): 11:19am On Oct 11, 2016
President Braggadocious Buhari ! I think Saraki and Ike are already in jail with all the incriminating evidence.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by bennyann: 11:24am On Oct 11, 2016
I hate this with a passion. If you don't want to jail him, why jailing him then on the pages of newspapers. All you do is to destroy a good name knowing well a good name is better than riches.

Please PMB, this is the time for you to show you are a corruption fighter. I'm sure GEJ prefers to be jailed to the daily murder of his name.

I respect you PMB because you're the President of my country. But be fair in all you do. Don't be an hypocrite. If you won't jail him then why tarnishing his image. I'm so angry with this behavior of yours that I challenge you to jail him with enough evidence for the world to see.

I'm sure someone like you would jail anyone given the slightest opportunity except there is something else stopping you.

So spill the beans already. Who or what is stopping you? If you don't give up on this bias, jealous and selfish attitude of yours, then I'll begin to feel for you and anyone bearing your name. Because you'll definitely sow what you reap especially if your heart and hands are not clean.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by proeast(m): 11:44am On Oct 11, 2016
Just Negodu rubbish APC & useless propaganda! They keep distracting Nigerians with such nonsense instead of proper governance. Do they take Nigerians as fools or what. since they began their media trial and EFCC & DSS charade, not even a single soul has been convicted!! Chai, Buhari is indeed a curse that was placed on 180 million people.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by pchukwudi: 11:50am On Oct 11, 2016
The man is suffering from old age induced dementia and haliculation.

AWONEYAN:
This Pardon man....he don do na.....abeg na judges and corruption matter we dey

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by Tyche(m): 11:52am On Oct 11, 2016
An the media trial and conviction continues

3 Likes

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by brainpulse: 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
We all know that. We are saving the big thief for the last.
That was why GEJ was running about fraternising with Atiku, IBB etc to influence Bubu

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by WOCKHARDI(m): 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
This is akin to a foolish child telling a visitor " My daddy, who is inside, said that I should tell you that he has gone out ". Why make public such sensitive classified information. And, anyway, what are we supposed to do? Hail Buhari or condemn Jonathan. I thought that people are supposed to write their own biographies. In other words, Buhari himself should be the one telling us that he has such info.

1 Like

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by kidman96(m): 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
What's he waiting for? He should throw that thief and his criminal wife in jail fast.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by Jamaticulus(m): 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
waaaht! jail kwa...
Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by jimi4us: 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
Buhari paid author, he paid him with our tax money. That's even troubling sef

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by queenmonalisa01: 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
make all of them shut up abeg

2 Likes

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by Abeymills(m): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
Paden or pando wetin b dat ur name sef... dapada mo ni ko dapada sondoko gudluck is 2 big 4 bubuharis nonsence clueles callous fight of corruption

4 Likes

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by Bryancrox(m): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
so what is he waiting for?
Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by Babyboy1986(m): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
GEJ My Hero

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
THIS PADEN HAS SUCCEEDED IN GETTING THE ATTENTION HE SO MUCH NEEDED WITH HIS BOOK.

HE CAN ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by CR77(f): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
Big lie

4 Likes

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by Greataausim(m): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
Like..... For Buhari
Share.... For Paden
Who among this old confused fools lie....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by MrPresident1: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
grin
Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by CR77(f): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
embarassed
Greataausim:
Like..... For Buhari
Share.... For Paden
Who among this old confused fools lie....

3 Likes

Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
Everyone in this country knows that Jonathan was a member of the thieving cabal but there are serious political implications involved in arresting a former head of state. I know Buhari has presented the evidence to him and he quietly returned the money. Never again for the ineffectual buffoon!
Re: Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan by chiedu7: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
Until Buhari looks at

1] Amaechi,
2] Tinubu(which may happen),
3] Fashola wey build website for millions,
4] Rochas wey buy Christmas Tree for 600 million while owing workers,
5] General Buratai, Wives with Dubai Property

We go know say this na just witch-hunting

By the way no be APC governor wey thief money so?

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/04/kogi-guber-audu-will-return-the-n11bn-he-stole-if-elected-apc-chairman/

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$1m Found In Alex Badeh's Wardrobe - Witness Exposes Ex-Chief Of Defence Staff / Obasanjo: APC Government Intimidating Judges Ahead Of Elections / Nsukka Youths Call For #EndPoliceBrutality & #EndBadGovernance (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.