Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake (14644 Views)

He Badly Needed A Kiss: How Authentic Is The Sanusi Lamido Adultery Scandal? / The Best Bleaching Cream/soap / DE-KING, Unique & Simply Authentic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by trinigirl1(f): 10:44pm On Feb 04, 2009
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure this is in the right forum but there's no Beauty forum here.

In Trinidad we get an African Black Soap that's made in Nigeria. But I've been reading that it may be a fake one we're getting here.

Can anyone tell me, or show me the real authentic afrcian black soap brands that I should be using?

Much appreciated!
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by Moyola(f): 10:45pm On Feb 04, 2009
Whatz the black soap called?

Oh oh!! is it 'Dudu-Osun'? undecided
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by bawomolo(m): 10:47pm On Feb 04, 2009
Moyola:

Whatz the black soap called?

Oh oh!! is it 'Dudu-Osun'? undecided

dudu-osun AKA ose dudu except she is talking about my babalawo's special soap.
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by trinigirl1(f): 10:48pm On Feb 04, 2009
It's called African Black Soap, it's also made in Ghana
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by Moyola(f): 10:53pm On Feb 04, 2009
bawomolo:

dudu-osun AKA ose dudu except she is talking about my babalawo's special soap.

R yu a babalawo? shocked

trini_girl:

It's called African Black Soap, it's also made in Ghana

Dhat i dunno of. . . undecided
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by trinigirl1(f): 10:55pm On Feb 04, 2009
Moyola:

R yu a babalawo? shocked

Dhat i dunno of. . . undecided

ok , then I will have to look for the dudu osun? i think what we have here is fake. what is a babalawo?

thanks much!
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by Moyola(f): 11:13pm On Feb 04, 2009
Babalawo = Herbalist
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by bawomolo(m): 11:55pm On Feb 04, 2009
trini_girl:

ok ,  then I will have to look for the dudu osun? i think what we have here is fake.  what is a babalawo?

thanks much!

one's whose knowledge surpasses that of the white man. Rich men would run after you if you bath with this soap. it would cost you though  cheesy
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by spikedcylinder: 2:38pm On Feb 05, 2009
@ OP

This soap you currently use, does it come in a white cup with a green cap lid?
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by trinigirl1(f): 11:42am On Feb 21, 2009
ok I've done some research and the truth is that there are different types of black soap. they're all natural, some are good some not so good. the ingredients are sometimes different.

thanks for all your responses! :-)

the one in the link is the one I now use, and the website also has different types by different manufacturers. This one works great for me, keeps acne away and my skin is no longer overly oily but glowing. It has shea butter in it. I also wash my hair with it.

http://www.afrikanrepublic.com/pd_baby_powder_black.cfm
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 08, 2012
excellent thread.

i bought some "black soap" and was HIGHLY disappointed. undecided
it made my skin much smoother but that was...it.
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by MrsChima(f): 12:13am On Jul 08, 2012
There is this Jamo lady I know that makes her own soap but her husband is Muslim and he sells organic soaps directly from North Africa. I have used four different kind of soaps from him and I love it.

Mango soap
Shea butter and Aloe Vera
Three in one Soap
Indian Hemp and Tree oil soap

I strongly recommend shea butter soap because it reduces the blemishes and soften your skin....if your skin are soften...it is easly to moisturize.

I also suggest using Glycerin soap because it has the components needed to feed your skin and strengthen your skin from wrinkles.
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 09, 2012
I need something oo!! undecided

i will try lotions/creams with shea butter.
i usually just use my useless black soap and Eucerine. undecided

all they do is soften my skin but the few marks that i do have
are still there. undecided
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by capunaribaneng: 4:52am On Jul 18, 2013
African black soap from different african countries can be slightly different. I have started using one from Guinea West Africa, that is exceptional and it is available in Trinidad. It is from Afexan-An from Guinea West Africa
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by scabash(f): 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
i sell GETADD COTTAGE- Fresh Alata samina its a very good black soap from Ghana,it maintains your complexion and makes your body smooth and fresh...its available in retail and wholesale prices,if you are interested call me on 08139605964.

Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by nblinks(m): 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2019
There are various black soaps out there, so we should be careful when buying from the market.

For over a year, I have been doing a bit of research on the African black soap and its effect on skin; at the same time, how effective can it clear razor/ shaving bumps. Also, how good is it on the hair.

Here is my discovery.

I have been using the soap for over a year now with no side effect. In addition, I use it regularly to wash after shaving. Before I was introduced to the black soap, I had a bit of dandruff in my hair and my neighbor from Nigeria just suggested I tried it; which I did. I can clearly say to you that the African black soap cleared my dandruff, and at the same time, I am free from razor bumps.

As you may know, we all have different skin type, if you try it and started getting a kind of reaction (like dry skin), kindly mix it with raw honey and the it will give you an added moisturizer.

If you really want to know more on African black soap and its side effects, I will suggest you read some of the expert findings. They are all we need to know about the soap - About African black soap.

Also note, I discovered that the black soap has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that effectively treats various skin conditions; like acne and eczema.
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by nlPoster: 8:07pm On Nov 29, 2019
Are all black soaps manufactured in Nigeria?

It can probably be made outside the country too.
Re: Authentic African Black Soap Vs Fake by nblinks(m): 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
nlPoster:
Are all black soaps manufactured in Nigeria?

It can probably be made outside the country too.

No, not all black soap are manufactured in Nigeria.
Dudu Osun or Ose dudu is manufactured in Nigeria.
We have Alata samina or Anago samina in Ghana.

(1) (Reply)

Wealthy Nigerians Spend $6.5bn On 130 Private Jets. / Tanker Explodes At A Petrol Station In Kano This Morning. Photos / Why Am I Getting Too Many PM'S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.