Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,971 members, 7,852,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:10 PM

Ogun Chief Judge Frees 38 Prisoners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Chief Judge Frees 38 Prisoners (364 Views)

Abacha Summoned Me For Making A Female Chief Judge In Lagos –oyinlola / Wike Hands Over New Federal High Court Complex To Chief Judge Of Federal Court(p / Delta Chief-Judge, Marshal Umukoro Infiltrates Election Tribunal With N3Bln - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Chief Judge Frees 38 Prisoners by tola9ja: 10:54pm On May 03, 2015
The Chief Judge of Ogun State, Justice Olatokunbo Olopade, last week freed no fewer than 38 inmates, who were awaiting trials in the five prison facilities across the state.

The prisons are located in Abeokuta, Ilaro, Sagamu and Ijebu Ode.

She said she ought to have embarked on the visitation to the prisons much earlier, but for the strike embarked upon by judiciary workers in the state.

At the prison in Ilaro, Justice Olopade pardoned six inmates, who were awaiting trial, while she set free 15 inmates at Ibara, Abeokuta prison.

She freed 12 inmates at Oba prison in the Obafemi-Owode Local Government area of the state while three inmates and two others were freed at Ijebu Ode and Sagamu respectively.

At Ibara prison, one of the lucky inmates, Oluwatoyin Akanni, who had been in the prison for two years, broke down in tears, and later said her phone was stolen by a lady and in the process of retrieving it, she told one boy about her ordeal and the boy beat the lady to death.

Another lucky inmate at the Ijebu Ode prison, Adebayo Monday, while recounting his ordeal, said, “I am a bricklayer and I was working on that fateful day when one of my friends, who found a dead body, called me to tell me one of my friends was involved in an accident. I went there and I was arrested along with my friends. ”

Obviously moved by the overwhelming number of awaiting trial inmates in these prison facilities, Justice Olopade pledged to persuade the state governor to appoint more judges and magistrates to reduce congestion.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ogun-chief-judge-frees-38-prisoners/
Re: Ogun Chief Judge Frees 38 Prisoners by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 03, 2015
Dis one weh ya dhe announce so, u dhe among d criminals weh dhe free?
Re: Ogun Chief Judge Frees 38 Prisoners by ki02020(m): 10:59pm On May 03, 2015
They are creating space for the political thiefs that will be send to jail
Re: Ogun Chief Judge Frees 38 Prisoners by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 03, 2015
Are we safe grin
Re: Ogun Chief Judge Frees 38 Prisoners by ramdris(m): 11:13pm On May 03, 2015
Let them go and sin no more.....
Re: Ogun Chief Judge Frees 38 Prisoners by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 03, 2015
abeg make dem dis-congest kirikiri too because of those pdp and apc thieves wey go occupy am
Re: Ogun Chief Judge Frees 38 Prisoners by daben1(m): 11:32pm On May 03, 2015
Time to haunt those that sent them to prison!!

(1) (Reply)

Posterity Will Appreciate Our Contribution- JONATHAN Says / Fayose Writes ​police ​IG Over Increasing Kidnappings In Ekit / INEC Blocking Election Inspection In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.