Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,780 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:51 PM

Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? (1877 Views)

Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women / The 3 Kids who Survived a Trailer Accident In Awka, Anambra / Why Do Men Take Advantage Of Advanced Single Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Nobody: 12:48am On Feb 05, 2009
Ok, here it goes. It's not a matter of being rich or poor, it's a matter of learning to save in this trying time.

Now I know that we are all seeing the effect of the recession (and if you still deny it being a recession,pardon me) right now. This is the time to save just incase something happens, you'll have money in the bank to rely on while you're trying to get back on your feet.

The question is, how to you REDUCE, REUSE, AND RECYCLE?
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 05, 2009
Those lights and A/C that you love to turn on at all time, it's not time to cut it out!!! That can decrrease your light bill, and save a little money in your pocket.

You know how we love to throw those carnation cans away, well save it to make your moin moin.
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 05, 2009
Go to CVS, Walmart or w/e department store, you can get a bottle of dawn dishwasher for less than $3.

Save the use bottle for next time. The next time you buy another bottle of dish washer, pour water in the empty one, make it 75% of the bottle. Now pour and pour soap into the empty 25% space. Keep doing that and you'll save yourself 3 extra travel to the store per one bottle.

Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by MrCrackles(m): 1:00am On Feb 05, 2009
shocked tongue
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

shocked tongue
are you confused, surprised and playful at the same time?

This ain't a joke, baby.

If only ppl learn to save, then they wouldn't be loaning money out of th bank, huge amount of money they know they can't pay back! Then banks fall, car dealers with it, and we wonder why the globalized economy is in jeopardy!

And this is good for the ladies. Save some money so when they have extra left over, then can shop till they drop!
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 05, 2009
And no female berra give me the B.S that they have a man to depend on.

That's the worst thing they can do to themselves!! You'll find yourself dropped like a used tissue paper.

Ladies, this is the time to actually act/breath/eat/spit "INDEPENDENT WOMAN"!! cheesy
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Sapphic: 2:49am On Feb 05, 2009
And here I was thinking that you were finally concerned about the environment. Do people recycle in that USA sef? undecided George Bush ought to have been castrated for not ratifying the Kyoto Protocol. Let us hope the half-black man would do better. undecided
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 05, 2009
Sapphic:

And here I was thinking that you were finally concerned about the environment.
And what makes you now think otherwise?
Anywhere in my post where I implied that "I AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE ENVIROMENT"?

Sapphic:

. Do people recycle in that USA sef? undecided George Bush ought to have been castrated for not ratifying the Kyoto Protocol. Let us hope the half-black man would do better. undecided
As much as this is an issue for you, the thread is not about the people in the US or the kyoto protocol, but about what YOU do, concerning the 3 Rs.

Or am I to assume that you're waiting on the ppl in US before you sstart recycling, reusing, and reducing, to save some money in your pocket during this bad economy?
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Sapphic: 4:04am On Feb 05, 2009
HeatFusion:

And what makes you now think otherwise?
Anywhere in my post where I implied that "I AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE ENVIROMENT"?
As much as this is an issue for you, the thread is not about the people in the US or the kyoto protocol, but about what YOU do, concerning the 3 Rs.

Or am I to assume that you're waiting on the ppl in US before you sstart recycling, reusing, and reducing, to save some money in your pocket during this bad economy?

While you have not stated that you are "Not" concerned about the environment, it is clear that your thread is driven my plain economics as opposed to environmental considerations. And FYI, in Europe generally, we are light years ahead in the 3Rs game and it is not majorly driven by pocket considerations.
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by KarmaMod(f): 4:20am On Feb 05, 2009
Sapphic, Here if they find recyclables in your garbage, they wont touch your garbage for a week

Also most recycled stuff can be taken in for money so of course people try to recycle as much as they can
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Hauwa1: 4:20am On Feb 05, 2009
i recycle a great deal. i don't use the diswasher. it is like deco jor. maybe when i have a large family i will use it. i wash my clothe and i room dry most of them. . . just one load is enough.

i will go green completely someday. na small small.
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Nobody: 4:20am On Feb 05, 2009
Sapphic:

While you have not stated that you are "Not" concerned about the environment, it is clear that your thread is driven my plain economics as opposed to environmental considerations.
That could be one side of the coin.
Rem. we must always consider the other side too: Or I might see this economic crunch as a reason to make the 3Rs a pressing issue, something if we cannot do for our environment, atleast we can do for ourselves.  

Sapphic:

And FYI, in Europe generally, we are light years ahead in the 3Rs game and it is not majorly driven by pocket considerations.
Great. Atta girl!
So it should not be so hard for you to list a few ways on how you use the 3 Rs, maybe some of us that are light years behind can also make a use of it.
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Nobody: 4:26am On Feb 05, 2009
*Hauwa*:

i recycle a great deal. i don't use the diswasher. it is like deco jor. maybe when i have a large family i will use it. i wash my clothe and i room dry most of them. . . just one load is enough.

i will go green completely someday. na small small.

LOL, I be ara oko, I meant dish detergent not dishwasher jare cheesy

lmao! na small small. atleast u dey try.

Why shuld anyone use dishwasher, ur water bill will go uppppppppppp!!!
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 06, 2009
Instead of throwing that empty bottle water/can soda away, recycle it. And guess what, you get money for recycling.

So why can't anyone try that? undecided
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by tope2000(f): 12:21am On Feb 06, 2009
HeatFusion:

Instead of throwing that empty bottle water/can soda away, recycle it. And guess what, you get money for recycling.

So why can't anyone try that? undecided

U do shocked shocked shocked
I recycle all the time and i dont get a dime cheesy tongue
maybe only in US sha undecided
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 06, 2009
tope2000:

U do shocked shocked shocked
I recycle all the time and i dont get a dime cheesy tongue
maybe only in US sha undecided
Yea, ten cents a bottle and 5 cent per can.

Still adds up at the end of the day. wink
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by SeanT21(f): 12:43am On Feb 06, 2009
I recycle soda cans instead of trashing it.~~That's about it~~!!
Re: Remember The 3 Rs (reduce, Reuse, And Recycle)? How Do Take Advantage Of It? by OEBA: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
go check out www.oebaltd.com they might be of help, they started me off in my recycling business

(1) (Reply)

Pastors And Prophecy... / How To Deal With A Stubborn Child / 10 Signs Your Girlfriend Or Wife Is An Emotional Bully And Abusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.