Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Nigeria Without Oil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Without Oil (965 Views)

Bauchi Will Cease To Exist As A State Without Oil-yuguda / Only Lagos Can Survive Without Oil – Fashola / A Nigeria Without Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Without Oil by ayo84(m): 3:20am On Feb 05, 2009
well lets imagine our oil reserves dry up and we are no longer an oil exporting nation.how we'll Nigeria be like.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by enziga(m): 3:38am On Feb 05, 2009
ayo84:

well lets imagine our oil reserves dry up and we are no longer an oil exporting nation.how we'll Nigeria be like.

Simply go back to the farms and get our agriculture on,
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by Nobody: 3:38am On Feb 05, 2009
Same as it is now. I mean, is the oil wealth even helping Nigeria as of now?
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by Muza(m): 9:45am On Feb 05, 2009
back to square one ke nan
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by FBS: 11:56am On Feb 05, 2009
the earlier the better. grin
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by jamace(m): 12:11pm On Feb 05, 2009
Nigeria will come out better because new grounds/avenues for generating funds will be discovered. Those already discovered but not taken seriously will become the darling for survival. In fact, necesity will become the mother of invention. Naija no de carry last at all. We will survive better. May it dry up self so that we can realise our potentials cool.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by chidichris(m): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2009
then we will have less politicians.
many politicians will go back to their fields.
pdp will loosen her grip on aso rock.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by Nnenna1(f): 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2009
A better country.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by Muza(m): 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2009
but i can guarantee u that armed robbery and yahoo will be on the increase.
Those grads that cudnt get job wen there was oil money will attack the lotter to recover sm of the looted funds.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by meexteriox(m): 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2009
Nigeria without oil, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I need some time to really figure this one out,

I think this question should be directed to the politicians.
Their response will amuse you to no end, those greedy lots.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by CrudeOil2(m): 5:36pm On Feb 05, 2009
No difference for the masses, because they have never benefit from the liqiud resource since its discovery in the country.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by jayflex: 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2009
Its unbelievable that we have been afflicted with visionless, intellectually challenged pounded yam eaters as rulers for so long. How can a country blessed with EVERYTHING rely only on one product to the point that we benchmark our national budget to it. I recommend that every aspiring ruler gets a copy of "who moved my cheese".
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by Ellyptical: 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2009
The north will be crying for secession.
I heard they said "They only thing keeping us with the south is the oil".
I wish that day was tomorrow.
May the Oil dry up asap.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by Naijex: 3:10am On Feb 06, 2009
So, what has the so called leader done with the oil money?

Maybe we will think and generate revenue from other sources.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by smooooooth: 10:51am On Feb 06, 2009
what about nigerian with oil and no market? thats what we shld be thinking now, cos that will hit us sooner than the no oil situation, when our big customers find alternative sources of energy then we doomed. we have long being singing it that nigeria needs to diversify its economy, but our empty headed leaders rather battle with the niger delta milotants than move this nation 4ward.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by ayo84(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2009
the greatest asset a nation has are it's people,not oil ,not natural endowments,but our collective human resorces.
Nigeria since 1960 has downplayed this, and we are going to suffer the consequence of overdepependence on oil.
God help us
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by WilyWily: 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2009
ayo84:

Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba Soldiers will then stop killing our people and leave us alone.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by server34(m): 10:45pm On Feb 06, 2009
WilyWily:

Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba Soldiers will then stop killing our people and leave us alone.
Such comments will not do u any good.
WilyWily:

Things might just get better.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by Muza(m): 10:51pm On Feb 06, 2009
server34:

Things might just get better.

Do u hav any idea about wat u ar saying?
There is no production in Nigeria except oil, don't u know that every one of us lives directly or indirectly off the govt.
Its better left unimagined wat wud happen if the crude oil finish cos ppl are too lazy to go back to farms
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by server34(m): 11:24pm On Feb 06, 2009
Muza:

Do u hav any idea about wat u ar saying?
Yes Sir! I do not usually 'say' without 'ideas'.

Muza:

There is no production in Nigeria except oil, don't u know that every one of us lives directly or indirectly off the govt.
I know Sir, but have u ever heard d saying that Necessity is the mother of Invention?
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by BOSS7: 11:38pm On Feb 06, 2009
WilyWily:

Nigeria without oil, let me think_ _ _ hmmn, then a nasty dumb asshole like you would not have a reason to belittle a hole tribe like you just did.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by Kafin(m): 2:31am On Feb 07, 2009
I think the government will be forced to hike taxes.

They will also employ some giants that can hold the "ordinary men" upside-down with both legs in one hand. The hand holding the "ordinary man" will be vigorously shaking the man in an up and down movement, while the second hand will be smaking every part of the "ordinary man's" body. The goal of-course is to make sure that every useful things that might have been hidden will fall out, and be collected.
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by Kobojunkie: 2:44am On Feb 07, 2009
Kafin:

I think the government will be forced to hike taxes.

They will also employ some giants that can hold the "ordinary men" upside-down with both legs in one hand. The hand holding the "ordinary man" will be vigorously shaking the man in an up and down movement, while the second hand will be smaking every part of the "ordinary man's" body. The goal of-course is to make sure that every useful things that might have been hidden will fall out, and be collected.

rolfmaO!!!
Re: Nigeria Without Oil by udezue(m): 9:11am On Feb 07, 2009
WilyWily:

My guy na real talk.

(1) (Reply)

Change NTA To NTS (Nigerian Television Service) / Yar'adua Names Sanusi New Cbn Gov / Only Military Can Conduct Free And Fair Polls In Nigeria -iwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.