Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here (39906 Views)

Before & After Make-up Photos Of A Bride That Has Been Sparking Reactions (pics) / Where To Learn Make Up Artistry / When Your Make Up Artist Has A Phd In Make Up Artistry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 11:44am On May 06, 2015
Traditional make up with highlight and contour.

2 Likes

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 11:49am On May 06, 2015
A closer look

1 Like

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by marieolae(f): 11:53am On May 06, 2015
interesting. What foundations do you use for your clients..and concealers?

1 Like

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 11:56am On May 06, 2015
To achieve a beautiful make up, you must work on perfecting your brows.

Eyebrows is the most challenging aspect in make up application.

So, the first practical lesson we are going to take is "how to groom/draw eyebrows"

1 Like

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 11:59am On May 06, 2015
I use MaryKay foundation. Medium coverage. I find it good for our wheather and it looks natural after application when blended well.

But beware of imitation. Make sure to get the original...makes all the difference.

For concealer, I use Milani secret cover and L.A Girl Pro Conceal(especially for highlighting and contouring)

2 Likes

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 12:03pm On May 06, 2015
To have that perfect eyebrow or like one of my students like calling it, "archy eyebrow" you need the following tools and products.

Razor or tweezer, brow pencil, eye brow filler, mascara wand(spoolie), angle brush, shadow brush, concealer, and Q-tip(cotton bud).

2 Likes

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 12:04pm On May 06, 2015
Moving on...who is with me?

7 Likes

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by predicta: 12:17pm On May 06, 2015
Am wit u ma'am.
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 12:31pm On May 06, 2015
Okay. I will post pictorials to help us understand better but I need at least 3 people following.

2 Likes

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by waistbead: 12:34pm On May 06, 2015
Am with u my madam.....
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by may3(f): 12:54pm On May 06, 2015
Am an aspiring MUA n eyebrows is my weak point.........I'm following
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 12:55pm On May 06, 2015
Okay
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by marieolae(f): 12:59pm On May 06, 2015
I'm definitely a fan of La girl concealer.

I think for brows, especially as people don't like to spend too much on products, all they need is a brow pencil, a concealer (one or two shades lighter) and a mascara brush or anything that will brush the eyebrows sha..and a cotton bud to apply the concealer around the eyebrow..since brushes are expensive.

What do you think? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 1:10pm On May 06, 2015
Yes. You can use just pencil and not use brow filler but angle brush is a necessity too. You use it to apply the concealer and it helps in blending the concealer out and the shape helps to work around the "archy" shape of the brows. You can get single angle brush at N500. Bobbi Brown.
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 1:24pm On May 06, 2015
Some eyebrow pictorial that would guide us.

Culled from the net.

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 1:34pm On May 06, 2015
Step 1: Shape your eye brow
The trick is following your natural hair.
Do NOT shave off your arch
Shave off straying hairs by brushing your hairs up and down with mascara wand.

From the second and third picture, you will see how to measure the position of the arch. Look directly to the mirror with your eyes steady. Use your pencil and place on the end part of your iris( the black small eye ball) upwards to your brows. Where it intercepts is where your arch should be.
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by marieolae(f): 1:34pm On May 06, 2015
cool!
I'm following up !
MaraCruiz:
Yes. You can use just pencil and not use brow filler but angle brush is a necessity too. You use it to apply the concealer and it helps in blending the concealer out and the shape helps to work around the "archy" shape of the brows. You can get single angle brush at N500. Bobbi Brown.
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 1:41pm On May 06, 2015
Step 2.
DEFINE YOUR BROW: Follow your natural brow.

From the first pictorial, the first brow and second brow shows how to define your brow.

Outline your real brow starting from the under line. Then draw the up line, curve at the arch and slowly descend at the end. Don't leave much gap in between the two lines and no gap from the arch down.

Fill in the brow with brow filler or with your pencil with soft light strokes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 1:42pm On May 06, 2015
Take a Q-tip(cotton bud) and gently wipe the front of the brow to create an ombre and natural look.

Use a mascara wand(spoolie) and blend in any harsh lines to make it look natural and brush up any straying hair.

Highlighting the brow:
Use a little concealer to highlight the brow. Clean it up on the top and bottom of the brow using an angle brush. Blend it out. Don't let the concealer show!
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 1:43pm On May 06, 2015
•Do your touch ups.
•Use your pencil and adjust any wiped line.
•Check that your both brows are same or look alike.
•Keep your brows neat
•You can also use a brown eye shadow, the color of your brows if you don't have a brow filler or just your pencil. Remember light strokes!

1 Like

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 1:45pm On May 06, 2015
If you are following this tutorial and you like it please click like and also invite your friends to join us. You can also check the first page for our contact details.

Meanwhile feel free to throw in your questions. Am here for you!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 1:47pm On May 06, 2015
Another pictorial that might be helpful.

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by marieolae(f): 1:53pm On May 06, 2015
okay can we move on to highlight and contour please
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 1:58pm On May 06, 2015
Highlight and contour can't come before foundation application.

And it's not something I can explain without videos and you will really understand.
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by marieolae(f): 2:12pm On May 06, 2015
okay.
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 2:38pm On May 06, 2015
Alright
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 2:40pm On May 06, 2015
Moving on.

Shadow application.

Let's go! Who is on board?

6 Likes

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by dammy2good(f): 3:06pm On May 06, 2015
on board
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by mamziii(f): 6:34pm On May 06, 2015
Ur doing a wonderful job
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by Enesth(f): 7:09pm On May 06, 2015
following too
Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 7:19pm On May 06, 2015
So let's start. Who is with me?

1 Like

Re: Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here by MaraCruiz(f): 7:24pm On May 06, 2015
Let's see how you can create this eye shadow look.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Different Types Of Barbers You Will See In Nigeria. - Meme Collection / 7 Annoying Things Ladies Do When They Are Dressed To Kill / African Contestants For The 2016 Miss World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.