Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party (16155 Views)

Labour Party Wins Oyo Bye Election To Replace Slain Lawmaker, Gideon Aremu / APC &Labour Party Joint Caucuses In Senate Pass Vote Of Confidence On Buhari / Alao-Akala Joins APC, Dumps Labour Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by themilanway(m): 11:22pm On May 04, 2015
agabaI23:
Why should we allow him when he has started giving excuses why he wont be able to fulfill his promises? He should have kept quiet until after inauguration before trying to reduce the hopes he whipped up?
We are only responding to his utterances

For instance, he was asked him before election how he would manage the economy in the face of dwindling oil price, he answered that money gotten from fighting corruption will do just that.

Few days ago, he listed dwindling oil revenue as one of the things that will prevent him from delivering his economic campaign promises. He did not even wait to resume before backtracking which means he knew he was lying. People who call him babaonechance are not wrong at all

Did you vote for him?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by shammah1(m): 11:23pm On May 04, 2015
I meant APC and you know it
themilanway:

What's APS's?Go back to your basic english textbooks.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by themilanway(m): 11:24pm On May 04, 2015
peedeeasobie:

He promised who? Those who voted for him?

You think this is a village meeting?
My friend the moment he is sworn in, he becomes the president of nigerians and his promises are to all not just his party faithfuls

Has he been sworn in yet?
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by themilanway(m): 11:25pm On May 04, 2015
shammah1:
I meant APC and you know it

No i dont,what were we arguing about again?
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by hilary26(m): 11:28pm On May 04, 2015
themilanway:
Where was he when GEJ,PEJ,Mark and go promisedre shuttling London,Germany and the US for medical treatment and check up as if those countries were about to go into extinction?

Nigeria is a country filled with hypocrites.

But GEJ was clueless, PEJ had bad English and Mark , a stooge.
And they never promised miracle. They took their time and delayed and you called them names for that.

Buhari has no option than to
1. equate naira to dollar at 1:1
2. Bring down petrol price to N44/litre
3 Provide jobs etc

In reasonable time. He shouldn't change the manifesto too.

We are waiting !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by hilary26(m): 11:36pm On May 04, 2015
Just one tenure for #BabaOneChance

He lied all the way to AsoRock

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by agabaI23(m): 11:38pm On May 04, 2015
themilanway:

Did you vote for him?
If I voted or didn't vote for him, what difference does it make?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by themilanway(m): 11:40pm On May 04, 2015
hilary26:

But GEJ was clueless, PEJ had bad English and Mark , a stooge.
And they never promised miracle. They took their time and delayed and you called them names for that.

Buhari has no option than to
1. equate naira to dollar at 1:1
2. Bring down petrol price to N44/litre
3 Provide jobs etc

In reasonable time. He shouldn't change the manifesto too.

We are waiting !

*yawns*

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by themilanway(m): 11:41pm On May 04, 2015
agabaI23:
If I voted or didn't vote for him, what difference does it make?

You didnt answer my question

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by agabaI23(m): 11:49pm On May 04, 2015
themilanway:

You didnt answer my question
Based on your understanding/expectation, I did not
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by anigold(m): 12:20am On May 05, 2015
Aminat508:
The Labour Party has asked President-elect Muhammadu Buhari, to place a ban on foreign medical treatment for public servants in his administration.

The National Chairman of LP, Alhaji Abdulkadir Salam, who stated this in an interview with journalists on Sunday in Abuja, also suggested that for Buhari to fight the anti-corruption war successfully, he must not spare “the first eleven”.

He said, “There are certain things that we expect Buhari to do urgently. Health is one, so that our people will not go abroad for treatment again. He can do it; he told us he can do it. We have the resources to do it. We have the material and human resources to do it. So, we believe he can do it if he wants to do it; this will reduce medical tourism in Nigeria.

“Nigerians are not ready to accept excuses from him”.

The LP chairman said during his campaigns across the country, the president-elect made Nigerians believe that he would completely turn around the affairs of the country in just few months.

While advising Buhari to lead according to the change mantra of his party, the All Progressives Congress, by not going abroad in search of medical treatment throughout his four-year term, Salam said the incoming president must improve all health facilities in the country to cope with the citizens’ health challenges.

Salam said, “Let me say here that Nigerians have given the APC the authority and the mandate to come out with the changes. APC people, who clamoured for change, told Nigerians they wanted change and campaigned on the platform and basis of change.

“Let nobody now begin to tell us that he cannot perform miracle, because they told Nigerians that when they come they would perform miracle. We will not expect Buhari to go abroad for any medical treatment. Our health system must be properly put in place. He must focus attention on it; let them not tell us that they cannot provide jobs for our teeming youths. Let them not tell us that the security lapses will continue in any manner, since they told us that they would perform miracle.

“Based on that change and miracle, Nigerians voted for them. So, in all spheres of human endeavour-education, health, agriculture, infrastructural development, power, energy and the rest-they should be able to satisfy Nigerians within a reasonable period”.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/05/why-buhari-must-perform-miracle-in-office-labour-party.html

miracles hahahahaha. Abi malacles..
he will use 4 years to share the spoils between the HA-P-C members.. then will seek for another 4 years..
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by peedeeasobie(m): 12:45am On May 05, 2015
themilanway:

Has he been sworn in yet?

Kindly read the post again. They were telling him things he should do when he has been sworn in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by Nobody: 1:23am On May 05, 2015
hedonistic:
What Nigerians expect from Buhari is very simple and basic. In the corporate world, it's called 'deliverables'. If Buhari can not deliver the following deliverables within four years, then I will personally call for him to be stoned to death or eliminated by any other means (if nature does not take its course on the infirm old man before then).

1. At least 20 hours of guaranteed daily power supply in ALL areas of ALL major cities across Nigeria. . . NOT including the rural areas.

2. Cheaper price of petrol than the current N84 per litre, and also a lasting reduction/stability in diesel price. . . and lasting availability of the product across all major cities at a uniform price.

3.Absolute security across Nigeria - with no insurgency anywhere in the North or South, and very minimal kidnapping, armed robbery and violent crime.

I WILL NOT GO BEYOND THE MODEST AFORE-MENTIONED THREE DELIVERABLES.

I am willing to give the deluded Abokki a very massive benefit of the doubt, hence the very low expectation and minimalist deliverables in comparison to the useless hype and change mantra. However, I challenge the APC-supporting noise makers on Nairaland to bookmark this post. Hopefully, God would keep us all alive until 2019.

IF BUHARI CANNOT DELIVER THE AFOREMENTIONED DELIVERABLES, NO EXCUSES WHATSOEVER SHALL BE ENTERTAINED!
who are you to dictate or set deliverables and timeline for buhari? You never supported or promote him before or after the election. All what buhari owe people like you is a step beyond Jonathan's achievement which I think is the least he will deliver. To be better than Jonathan all what buhari needed to do are 1. Succeefully Prosecute '1' public office holder 2. Complete 2nd niger bridge 3. Raise our foreign reserve by just $1 4. Buy new 1960 trains instead of the second hand 1960 trains Jonathan bought 5. Reduce unemployment below 50% as against the 58% your hero is leaving it 6. Increase our power generation to 2000MW as agaisnt 1750 your hero spent $38 billion to achieve 7. Put people of his household under control no more madam peace brouhaha 8. ASUU asup strike should not exceed 6 months in his 4 years as against about 14 months achieved under GEJ. 9. Export just 1 litre of refined oil as against 0 sold by GEJ 10. Succesdully complete east west road, and Lagos -Ibadan -sagamu road 11. Build '1' major bridge 12. Should not be found missing when it is time to address any assembly be it UN, OAU or Ecowas 13. Take responsibilities for any of its shortcomings instead of passing blame.....men to beat your hero's record is the easiest thing to do a president tgat only see his position as an opportunity to reward his cronies and party men, imagine a president telling his decamped members to come back because APC we first chop their own before they remember decampees, an idiot that only see governance as chop I chop ,a useless and clueless president good end to bad rubbish... imagine you a mentee of an idiot have the audacity to set agenda for the new president...u no dey shame?. we that clamoured for change did so not because we want a miracle but because we need a government

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by Billygee2u: 3:43am On May 05, 2015
may you live long
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by Billygee2u: 3:46am On May 05, 2015
themilanway:
Where was he when GEJ,PEJ,Mark and go co were shuttling London,Germany and the US for medical treatment and check up as if those countries were about to go into extinction?

so,what`s your point?
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by tit(f): 5:09am On May 05, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Well....we do not want miracles....but we do want some IMPROVED performance!

Like 24 hours light for starters....

that na miracle now
with installed capacity of about 5000MW
the only way buhari can do that is if he tells nepa to channel all the light to your house.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by focus7: 5:36am On May 05, 2015
Salam should keep quiet. Did he and his party not give their support to Jonathan, why di he not make such demand to Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by dotfam2104(m): 5:48am On May 05, 2015
Buhari never said he wud perform miracles. Ion even understand d reason pple will expect miracles frm him. Tanoids are jez twisting GMB's words to suit their purpose. Buhari hz been sincere wiv every word he hz said. Promising change means doing things differently nd nt miracles. Jona wz given enuf tym b4 he wz being castigated, nd I bliv GMB deserves time too. Pple shld jez wait till d guy is sworn in.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by HirstMOG(m): 5:50am On May 05, 2015
themilanway:
Where was he when GEJ,PEJ,Mark and go co were shuttling London,Germany and the US for medical treatment and check up as if those countries were about to go into extinction?

If GMB will do same as the present government, why clamoring for change instead I believe is one of the ways to fight corruption in this country. If a governor or senator is denied medical checkup or treatment abroad, they will know that our hospitals need to be fixed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by light004: 6:03am On May 05, 2015
themilanway:

Sincerely, we need to be honest with ourselves. APC campaign promises must be fulfilled as they promised them, no excuses. It's not hypocrisy but a thing of honor. Their words must mean something, if not how are they different from the accused(pdp). Their words should be their bond and any excuse like what the General is saying is after the facts, he should have known this before all the promises except he campaigned just to win the election and deceived the people. Such a person lacks integrity.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by light004: 6:13am On May 05, 2015
dotfam2104:
Buhari never said he wud perform miracles. Ion even understand d reason pple will expect miracles frm him. Tanoids are jez twisting GMB's words to suit their purpose. Buhari hz been sincere wiv every word he hz said. Promising change means doing things differently nd nt miracles. Jona wz given enuf tym b4 he wz being castigated, nd I bliv GMB deserves time too. Pple shld jez wait till d guy is sworn in.

He made promises that are tantamount to miracles and people questioned the rational behind some of those promises but the party came out to defend them. It's a big shame if those promises are not fulfilled as stated during the campaign. That'll amount to falsehood and deception but let be watchful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by Billygee2u: 6:47am On May 05, 2015
light004:

He made promises that are tantamount to miracles and people questioned the rational behind some of those promises but the party came out to defend them. It's a big shame if those promises are not fulfilled as stated during the campaign. That'll amount to falsehood and deception but let be watchful
does it mean you believe poliricians promises?
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by BamideleOJ: 7:04am On May 05, 2015
The APC kind of change as it has always been painted is like some Miracle is what they wanna come for. Nevertheless, the ineptitude or otherwise of the peopls's general,GMB will go a long way in helping chart the cart wisely or otherwise.
That's for now!!
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by authority2006(m): 7:15am On May 05, 2015
sweetorgasm:
smtin tells me dis guy will undaperform
That something was the reason you didn't vote for him now. May be you have forgotten.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by igbizen(m): 7:26am On May 05, 2015
shammah1:
Are you using your sense at all? Is Buhari going to become APC's president or Nigeria's president? Charge your senses

Sheibi he go decamp from APC to another party, when the party is not happy with the way he runs the country at their (the partymembers) detriment (greed). my guy wise up.the party has a major role to play in the change we are expecting. I just pray they don't lead him astray.just common ministerial positions, they have started giving the man stress.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by dotfam2104(m): 7:36am On May 05, 2015
light004:

.....y nt mention these promises dat are tantamout to miracles. Give me d exact quotes of d miracles he said he wud perform. Buhari is so experienced dat he wont make careless promises. He's sm1 dah knws wat it takes to be d president judging by hz track record. I watchd him closely during d campaign, he chose hz words carefully. He neva promised heaven on earth. Tanoids jez want him to make mistakes by raising expectations nd use it against him, forgettn dat wr r all Nigerians. If buhari succeds, its for d benefit of all. Dz pple ar already out criticising every step d guy takes, d guy hznt even gotten to power!! U dont criticise jez for d sake of it. We all shld jez pray buhari succeds, anyfyn dah apns will affect us all.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by igbizen(m): 7:39am On May 05, 2015
I want to be fair to baba
I will give him till the end of four yrs before passing my judgement. if the situation in the country does not improve by 40% then he has failed us. at least by the end of four yrs let's have 15 hours of power supply in major towns/cities, let I dollar=100 naira, let's have insurgency in the north/ south reduced by 40%, let's see some progress in industrialization and all federal roads OK. this is my score card after four yrs. pls baba don't fail.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by emiye(m): 7:45am On May 05, 2015
the worst of Buhari would be better than Jonathan. why should anyone be pained over GEJ's loss.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by Caseless: 7:51am On May 05, 2015
OKDnigeria:

Those are d things Buhari promised to CHANGE. Change means doing things differently.

He can't promise us heaven on earth before election and after election he's telling us he's not a miracle worker
and his party was in support of that trend (going to abroad for medical treatment) that they even adopted gej as their candidate in the election. So what has suddenly changed? Why didn't he advise gej to perform miracles then? Hypocrites!
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by HzRF(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2015
themilanway:

Yeye pple u have started using gej as comparison to bűari

Mcheew
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by HzRF(m): 9:31am On May 05, 2015
STPEACE:
GMB victory looks like a dream to some people. But this a fact they cant deny, they better start accepting things they cant change. Mr man, you sound so pained.
Since he didn't say what you want he's pained

What a brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Endsars Demonstrators Call Off Protests In Osun, Appreciate Youths’ Consciousnes / Afenifere Criticize Buhari Over "Trekking From Lagos To Ibadan" Comment / Presidential Ticket: Atiku Won’t Disregard Jonathan’s Advice On Obasanjo,..aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.