Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party (16158 Views)

Labour Party Wins Oyo Bye Election To Replace Slain Lawmaker, Gideon Aremu / APC &Labour Party Joint Caucuses In Senate Pass Vote Of Confidence On Buhari / Alao-Akala Joins APC, Dumps Labour Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by Nobody: 9:33am On May 05, 2015
HzRF:

Since he didn't say what you want he's pained

What a brain
no boss
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by HzRF(m): 9:34am On May 05, 2015
kasiem:
Una wan make chatham house open branch for abuja? Anyway, buhari only goes on working visit and not medical visit sha. Moreover, how tinubu go take manage with that parkinsson wey dey worry am?
Fashola has transformed Lagos nw don't u see it on TV
Nothing for Tinubu to worry about
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by egobetatoday: 10:00am On May 05, 2015
dotfam2104:
Buhari never said he wud perform miracles. Ion even understand d reason pple will expect miracles frm him. Tanoids are jez twisting GMB's words to suit their purpose. Buhari hz been sincere wiv every word he hz said. Promising change means doing things differently nd nt miracles. Jona wz given enuf tym b4 he wz being castigated, nd I bliv GMB deserves time too. Pple shld jez wait till d guy is sworn in.

Gejs time was even too much. i wish we could reduce governance to 2 yrs so that we dont have to waste 4 good yrs under bad government.
well , if i were GMB i will take these as criticisms needed to make me achieve results. what Nigetians are asking for are just basic necessities now. is it too much to ask for equiped hospitals? Gmb shld know tha5 nigerians are getting wiser so the one Gej see na small one compared to what he is going to see. to make matters worse he wont be able to do any thing unlike in 1984 with all his decrees. Now he is in for it. But he shld also know that the person after him will see worse. it cant get better until nigerians get what we want. hopefully, it should get to a point where people are not willing to contest for public offices because they know they are only going there to serve and not to be served. only service oriented people will be willing to at that point.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by Godblessamaechi: 10:05am On May 05, 2015
themilanway:
Where was he when GEJ,PEJ,Mark and go co were shuttling London,Germany and the US for medical treatment and check up as if those countries were about to go into extinction?

Nigeria is a country filled with hypocrites.
Am looking at this submission by Lp as a means of compelling the incoming govt to do what is right for It's citizens. Build and equip our hospitals to international standard. Not the Hospitals alone, schools, transportations etc. If the change been championed for is a positive one indeed then i see no point in making reference to the negative past. In as much as i wish the president elect good health all through his life, i advice that he adopt every positive counsel coming from the opposition party or his own party in other to move this nation forward. Charity begins at home they said let him as the number one citizen always lead by example and he will have little or no difficulty in asking all his subjects to follow suit.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by themilanway(m): 10:36am On May 05, 2015
light004:

Sincerely, we need to be honest with ourselves. APC campaign promises must be fulfilled as they promised them, no excuses. It's not hypocrisy but a thing of honor. Their words must mean something, if not how are they different from the accused(pdp). Their words should be their bond and any excuse like what the General is saying is after the facts, he should have known this before all the promises except he campaigned just to win the election and deceived the people. Such a person lacks integrity.

Just hear yourself,you sound bias already."APC campaign promises MUST be fulfilled"in 4yrs?

So you really think and believe APC will fulfilled all their campaign promises in 4yrs?

Bros wake up and smell the coffee,already there is alot on ground even before they are sowrn in which will take atleast a yr to mop up before turning their attention to whatever promises they made.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by themilanway(m): 10:42am On May 05, 2015
Godblessamaechi:

Am looking at this submission by Lp as a means of compelling the incoming govt to do what is right for It's citizens. Build and equip our hospitals to international standard. Not the Hospitals alone, schools, transportations etc. If the change been championed for is a positive one indeed then i see no point in making reference to the negative past. In as much as i wish the president elect good health all through his life, i advice that he adopt every positive counsel coming from the opposition party or his own party in other to move this nation forward. Charity begins at home they said let him as the number one citizen always lead by example and he will have little or no difficulty in asking all his subjects to follow suit.
God bless Nigeria.

I agree with you and also wish GMB's adminstration will build a world class hospital albeit in 4yrs.My problem with their statement is the tone of the the letter,i find it repulsive.

They sound as if GEJ fulfilled all his promises except to build a world class hospital.

I'm sure the man frequent abroad for check ups.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by themilanway(m): 10:47am On May 05, 2015
Billygee2u:

so,what`s your point?

There are some things that can be realisticaly achieved within a space of 4yrs.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by dotfam2104(m): 11:15am On May 05, 2015
egobetatoday:

Gejs time was even too much. i wish we could reduce governance to 2 yrs so that we dont have to waste 4 good yrs under bad government.
well , if i were GMB i will take these as criticisms needed to make me achieve results. what Nigetians are asking for are just basic necessities now. is it too much to ask for equiped hospitals? Gmb shld know tha5 nigerians are getting wiser so the one Gej see na small one compared to what he is going to see. to make matters worse he wont be able to do any thing unlike in 1984 with all his decrees. Now he is in for it. But he shld also know that the person after him will see worse. it cant get better until nigerians get what we want. hopefully, it should get to a point where people are not willing to contest for public offices because they know they are only going there to serve and not to be served. only service oriented people will be willing to at that point.
...... u're obviously right with ur submission, u've nt askd too much. GMB sure knws wat is required of him, he's nt a novice in dz game. All am sayn is we shldnt raise our expectations too high, dont expect him to solve all nigeria's problems in 4yrs. He's no magician, d reason he said he wont perform miracles. Nt expectn miracles doesnt mean we shldnt expect performance.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by ajepako(f): 1:43pm On May 05, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Well....we do not want miracles....but we do want some IMPROVED performance!

Like 24 hours light for starters.....and improved railways too.

And a blueprint to get us off oil...and into industrial development again!

if this old dude gives us 1o hour light , i swear i will swim from here to Daura and Otuoke
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by nortcentrallord(m): 2:15pm On May 05, 2015
teeowl:
All I know is Buhari is a far better option than Jonathan. He does not have to perform miracles... all he needs to do is gradually improve the situation of things for Nigerians

'Gradually improve the situation of things'? That sounds like transformation to me.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by light004: 2:15pm On May 05, 2015
themilanway:

Just hear yourself,you sound bias already."APC campaign promises MUST be fulfilled"in 4yrs?

So you really think and believe APC will fulfilled all their campaign promises in 4yrs?

Bros wake up and smell the coffee,already there is alot on ground even before they are sowrn in which will take atleast a yr to mop up before turning their attention to whatever promises they made.

I think you are the one that needs the waking up. Do you know what integrity means? You speak very ignorantly and very baised. Buhari rode to the presidency based on his integrity and we should hold him to his election promises. If we can't hold him to his words then sorry he's no difference from the GEJ, Atiku and other politicians that we criticize. It's double standard if we do otherwise.

I rest my case.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by nortcentrallord(m): 2:21pm On May 05, 2015
themilanway:

Dude he didnt promise you heaven and earth,he promised those who voted and believe in him that he will improve the social,financial and security wellfare and their well being.

Did I just heard buhari mention 'Nijarhia' in his promises during the campaign season? Hehehe, every promise he made was to Nigerians not apc and supporters and right now he is the president elect of FRN not president of apc and supporters.
Even buhari wouldn't speak in the way and manner you just did. Stop disgracing apc and the old man.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by light004: 2:28pm On May 05, 2015
dotfam2104:
.....y nt mention these promises dat are tantamout to miracles. Give me d exact quotes of d miracles he said he wud perform. Buhari is so experienced dat he wont make careless promises. He's sm1 dah knws wat it takes to be d president judging by hz track record. I watchd him closely during d campaign, he chose hz words carefully. He neva promised heaven on earth. Tanoids jez want him to make mistakes by raising expectations nd use it against him, forgettn dat wr r all Nigerians. If buhari succeds, its for d benefit of all. Dz pple ar already out criticising every step d guy takes, d guy hznt even gotten to power!! U dont criticise jez for d sake of it. We all shld jez pray buhari succeds, anyfyn dah apns will affect us all.

It's very disappointing when we try to evade the truth. Buhari campaigned in the open and the campaigns promises were publicized in all form of media, TV, radio, social media, print, etc. How come you didn't get to hear of them. For the purpose of this exercise, let pretend you didn't know of any of his promises, I will mention two of the contentious ones:

1. Payment of unemployment benefit of N5,000 to unemployed youth in Nigeria. A figure of over 25million.

2. Compulsory feeding of pupils in Primary schools nation wide.

can you tell me realistically, how he intend to achieve these promises despite falling revenue and other pressing challenges?

it's no fight my brother, hate and insult will never solve our problem. We need to be objective rather than engage ourselves in this unnecessary altercation. I will support the president-elect to success but I'm also a realist and cannot be carried away with such lofty ideas.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by nortcentrallord(m): 2:29pm On May 05, 2015
themilanway:

I agree with you and also wish GMB's adminstration will build a world class hospital albeit in 4yrs.My problem with their statement is the tone of the the letter,i find it repulsive.

They sound as if GEJ fulfilled all his promises except to build a world class hospital.

Don't forget so soon. This is mild compared to what Apc said and acted before they got hold of the govt too. Oppositions don't massage you, they charge you, if possible bully you into doing the right thing. It doesn't matter if it's with ill or good mind. Its even worse because people are more enlightened than before.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 05, 2015
themilanway:

That GEJ didn't fulfil all his promises isn't a reason why Buhari mustn't fulfil his. I can't believe an educated person like you is arguing thus, it's shameful to say the least. Buhari promised change, change from the old ways of doing things, change from the 'evils' of GEJ and that change he must give us. We aren't going to judge him based on GEJ's standard but on those promises he made. If GEJ encouraged overseas medical trips Buhari must stop it, he must build world class hospitals in Nigeria the type GEJ failed to build, that's what he promised.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by themilanway(m): 3:03pm On May 05, 2015
APContherun:

That GEJ didn't fulfil all his promises isn't a reason why Buhari mustn't fulfil his. I can't believe an educated person like you is arguing thus, it's shameful to say the least. Buhari promised change, change from the old ways of doing things, change from the 'evils' of GEJ and that change he must give us. We aren't going to judge him based on GEJ's standard but on those promises he made. If GEJ encouraged overseas medical trips Buhari must stop it, he must build world class hospitals in Nigeria the type GEJ failed to build, that's what he promised.

And what happens if Buhari fails to build world class hospitals?
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by themilanway(m): 3:10pm On May 05, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Did I just heard buhari mention 'Nijarhia' in his promises during the campaign season? Hehehe, every promise he made was to Nigerians not apc and supporters and right now he is the president elect of FRN not president of apc and supporters.
Even buhari wouldn't speak in the way and manner you just did. Stop disgracing apc and the old man.

What's"Nijarhia"?When you are done mocking his accent and age we can continue this discuss.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by themilanway(m): 3:11pm On May 05, 2015
light004:

It's very disappointing when we try to evade the truth. Buhari campaigned in the open and the campaigns promises were publicized in all form of media, TV, radio, social media, print, etc. How come you didn't get to hear of them. For the purpose of this exercise, let pretend you didn't know of any of his promises, I will mention two of the contentious ones:

1. Payment of unemployment benefit of N5,000 to unemployed youth in Nigeria. A figure of over 25million.

2. Compulsory feeding of pupils in Primary schools nation wide.

can you tell me realistically, how he intend to achieve these promises despite falling revenue and other pressing challenges?

it's no fight my brother, hate and insult will never solve our problem. We need to be objective rather than engage ourselves in this unnecessary altercation. I will support the president-elect to success but I'm also a realist and cannot be carried away with such lofty ideas.

Well said.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by kommiejewel(f): 4:00pm On May 05, 2015
How many years did we give GEJ before he was kicked out? Buhari must do everything he promised within 4 years. He said it himself; all he needs is 4 years #BuhariMustPerformMiracles

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 05, 2015
themilanway:

And what happens if Buhari fails to build world class hospitals?
That's not a question you should ask on an enlightened and mature forum like nairaland.
Why shouldn't he build a world class hospital? Isn't that one of the changes he promised?

One of the failures of the GEJ's govt is the inability to build that hospital and the success of GMB's govt will be its ability to do so.
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by foliman(m): 2:06pm On May 06, 2015
Ahmeduana:
YOUR MONIKER HAS SAID IT ALL FOOLYMAN!
so daft...
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by Fortune118005(m): 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2022
Boss13:
Well, I like the statement. Buhari's electoral promises were based on doing things differently. He should not cook up excuses because we would be disappointed. If there are no funds, arrest and prosecute the thieves so that we can get back the looted funds.
cheesy grin I hope you're disappointed right now undecided
Re: Why Buhari Must Perform Miracle In Office – Labour Party by Fortune118005(m): 2:57pm On Mar 06, 2022
How far na

I mean what have you done so far about this?
Feel free to speak without insult.

hedonistic:
What Nigerians expect from Buhari is very simple and basic. In the corporate world, it's called 'deliverables'. If Buhari can not deliver the following deliverables within four years, then I will personally call for him to be stoned to death or eliminated by any other means (if nature does not take its course on the infirm old man before then).

1. At least 20 hours of guaranteed daily power supply in ALL areas of ALL major cities across Nigeria. . . NOT including the rural areas.

2. Cheaper price of petrol than the current N84 per litre, and also a lasting reduction/stability in diesel price. . . and lasting availability of the product across all major cities at a uniform price.

3.Absolute security across Nigeria - with no insurgency anywhere in the North or South, and very minimal kidnapping, armed robbery and violent crime.

I WILL NOT GO BEYOND THE MODEST AFORE-MENTIONED THREE DELIVERABLES.

I am willing to give the deluded Abokki a very massive benefit of the doubt, hence the very low expectation and minimalist deliverables in comparison to the useless hype and change mantra. However, I challenge the APC-supporting noise makers on Nairaland to bookmark this post. Hopefully, God would keep us all alive until 2019.

IF BUHARI CANNOT DELIVER THE AFOREMENTIONED DELIVERABLES, NO EXCUSES WHATSOEVER SHALL BE ENTERTAINED!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5th Time In The Senate: I’ll Not Abuse Your Confidence – Ekweremadu / An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) / Obasanjo Farms Refutes Claims That They Are Government Funded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.