Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,008 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend (1180 Views)

Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them / Black Man Calls 911 For Help – Police Arrive And Beat Him To Death / How I Bought Stolen Lexus SUV For N130,000, By Suspect (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by cmacs(m): 8:00pm On May 04, 2015
so, I was informed by my roomate this evening that the police came looking for me.. because of a laptop I bought from a fellow hostel mate..

the laptop which was sold to me for 24k according to what I was told by him.. "it's a genuine laptop, my father sent it to me" and now, my roomate just called to inform me that the police came to arrest the boy saying it was a stolen laptop...

and that they re looking for me as am still at home about resuming school... Pls, what is the best thing for me to do?
Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 04, 2015
Gobe!
Next time don't buy second hand, try purchasing new things
Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by yomi007k(m): 8:12pm On May 04, 2015
Go with ur parents or an elder who will bear u witness n guard u.

Ensure that u didn't know it was stolen n u wud like ur money back.
Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by yomi007k(m): 8:13pm On May 04, 2015
Go with ur parents or an elder(pastor,lawyer,etc) who will bear u witness n guard u.

Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by cmacs(m): 8:47pm On May 04, 2015
qbd2:
Gobe!
Next time don't buy second hand, try purchasing new things
thank u 4 dat advice.. Bt u never help me..

1 Like

Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by cmacs(m): 8:48pm On May 04, 2015
yomi007k:
Go with ur parents or an elder(pastor,lawyer,etc) who will bear u witness n guard u.

thanks.. I really don't want my parents to know.. maybe I ll look for an elder or pastor.. Bt is it still possible that I get my money back?
Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by yomi007k(m): 9:34pm On May 04, 2015
cmacs:
thanks.. I really don't want my parents to know.. maybe I ll look for an elder or pastor.. Bt is it still possible that I get my money back?
If its me, I'll get my money back cos, I'll get him arrested all over again.
But since u said he's ur friend, u can strike a deal or u stand to be d greatest Loser in d whole game.....because police go chop, ur padi go chop, lappy owner go chop, but You?? I dnt knw
Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 04, 2015
cmacs:
thank u 4 dat advice.. Bt u never help me..
Hmm, okay u know u just have to find dat friend of urs and try getting witnesses that can testify he sold it to u.also try searching on ur phone, if u still have records of text messages from ur friend at the time u guys were transacting.
I don't expect ull have a reciept, so u juts have to gather those evidences as stated to prove u boutght it
Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by cmacs(m): 10:01pm On May 04, 2015
now u come.. thanks..
Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by andyanders: 10:20pm On May 04, 2015
cmacs:

Well. from your comment above for trying not to involve your parents goes to show that you are not a responsible boy.How come you bought something and any member of your family doesn't know the source? And to compound issue, you said you do not want your parents to know.That translates that you are not clean. Why must you involve an elderly man or your pastor and you do not want your parents to know?

You are not clean at all. If I bring any item home, my parents must insist that I tell them the source. If I buy anything outside or want to buy anything from outside, I must inform my parents first before getting myself involved after getting their consent.

Well, since the police is involved, you cannot exonerate yourself from the case because ignorance of the law is never an excuse. Having to buy a stolen item and maybe without any genuine receipt of the original purchase and the new receipt issued to you, you are equally as guilty as the person who stole it and sold it to you.That is the law.

1 Like

Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by cmacs(m): 8:45am On May 05, 2015
andyanders:

Well, since the police is involved, you cannot exonerate yourself from the case because ignorance of the law is never an excuse. Having to buy a stolen item and maybe without any genuine receipt of the original purchase and the new receipt issued to you, you are equally as guilty as the person who stole it and sold it to you. That is the law.
when a person received a stolen property,Not knowing of the dubious nature of the possessors title and as long as this ignorance persist, and he did not deal with the property in manner prejudicial to the real owner proprietary interest , he is not guilty of an offense..
Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by aAK1(m): 11:14am On May 05, 2015
andyanders:

Well. from your comment above for trying not to involve your parents goes to show that you are not a responsible boy.How come you bought something and any member of your family doesn't know the source? And to compound issue, you said you do not want your parents to know.That translates that you are not clean. Why must you involve an elderly man or your pastor and you do not want your parents to know?

You are not clean at all. If I bring any item home, my parents must insist that I tell them the source. If I buy anything outside or want to buy anything from outside, I must inform my parents first before getting myself involved after getting their consent.

Well, since the police is involved, you cannot exonerate yourself from the case because ignorance of the law is never an excuse. Having to buy a stolen item and maybe without any genuine receipt of the original purchase and the new receipt issued to you, you are equally as guilty as the person who stole it and sold it to you.That is the law.
and how old are you?
Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by cmacs(m): 7:51am On May 12, 2015
thank u all for your advice.. ll surely relate them to my friend... he's the one involved.. @andy.. nr dae talk anyhow again..
Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by msmon(m): 8:04am On May 12, 2015
How can I help you?
Re: Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend by cmacs(m): 11:49pm On May 18, 2015
msmon:
How can I help you?
lolz, dnt worry bro, d case has been resolved..

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Chat With A Fraudster *photos / See The Txt Msg I Got Today From CBN / Lebanese Man Rapes, Impregnates 17-year-old Nigerian Housemaid In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.