Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars (8336 Views)

Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu / 700 Million Dollars Raw Cash Found In Petroleum Ministers House / Arthur Eze Supports Obiano's Govt With $1 Million Dollars (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by blackspade(m): 9:15pm On Feb 05, 2009
In Nigeria, or in the diaspora?

I need a source please.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by KnowAll(m): 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2009
@BOSS
What relvance has this article above got with the topic?

5 MILLION Nigerians are worth 1$ MILLION Dollars, tell me if you have $1million, wont you treat your wife to a tummy tuck if she requires it remember we know they take money go heaven, money is made to be spent. There is a lot of relevance between the article and what we are celebrating here. At least we are not like Congo wey Mobutu took all the money and put it in his personal account. At least Nigeria can boast of more 5 million indivuduals that can hold their own anywhere in the world as suppose to one person.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by mustafar1: 9:29pm On Feb 05, 2009
knowAll, you seem to really know all dont you.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by KnowAll(m): 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2009
@Kobojunky

A pastor is not respected in his home town, it gives me a lot of pleasure when foreigners write a good peice about my country, e be like say u get back belle.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by RichyBlacK(m): 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2009
Why do so many Nigerians, in a bid to seem to be at par with the rest of the globe on seeming nonsensical issues, make up useless numbers and proclaim "we don win"? Instead of focusing on the truth of our situation, we ignore them and shout "5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars!". In a country that abhors statistics, how was this number determined? Nobody in Nigeria keeps statistics on say, the number of women afflicted with breast cancer, yet some otemus claim to know the number of millionaires in Nigeria? Why do Nigerians use anecdotal evidence (one, two or three instances of an event) to make conclusions. This crude way of drawing conclusions (with no form of data collection) must be linked to the very high levels of ignorance in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by asha80(m): 10:13pm On Feb 05, 2009
Why do so many Nigerians, in a bid to seem to be at par with the rest of the globe on seeming nonsensical issues, make up useless numbers and proclaim "we don win"? Instead of focusing on the truth of our situation, we ignore them and shout "5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars!". In a country that abhors statistics, how was this number determined? Nobody in Nigeria keeps statistics on say, the number of women afflicted with breast cancer, yet some otemus claim to know the number of millionaires in Nigeria? Why do Nigerians use anecdotal evidence (one, two or three instances of an event) to make conclusions. This crude way of drawing conclusions (with no form of data collection) must be linked to the very high levels of ignorance in Nigeria

Chei knowall don suffer grin
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by KnowAll(m): 11:21pm On Feb 05, 2009
The simplest law in the universe will unravel the wealth of certain individuals in any society. The law of demand and supply. Ikoyi lagos and this is not hearsay is the most expensive real estate in Africa. This cannot be except for some underline factors:-

1. Too many money chasing too few goods albeit properties. The price rises. That is why a 4 bedroom flat is sold for $1million dollars.

2. Look at the rapid spate of development in Abuja, this was a city that was nothing but a bush in 1990. The development in Abuja was spuurned by alot of private money and private investment. Anybody that is a who is who in Nigeria has a house there. That was why the minister of Abuja during Obasanjo's regime said that Abuja is not for the poor.

3. 2 other African countries moved there capitals, Tanzania moved its capital from Dar-es-Salem to Dodoma today Dodoma is still a bush there is so much the goverment can do, private investement is the key. The dollar millionairs were not found wanting in Abuja. The other African country was cote de voire
moved its capital from Abidjan to Yammasoukro. Today Yamasoukro is just a bush the only thing there is a replica of the baslica.

We have to be very careful here about sources, A lot of our dollar millionaires will not want to disclose the source of their wealth for fear of retribution.

I even missed a few people on my initial list Traditional Rulers, like the Ooni this is a man that was driving a rolls royce in london as far back as 1976.
Others that I missed out are - Professional lawyers and Judges.

I did not mention Nigerians in diaspora that are dollar millionairs.

Conclusion

I will not like to be drawn into an exercise in futility, u want me to put down 5 million names on this post that is an exercise in futility you either accept it or reject it. Its in the news recently that Indian has a middle class of 300 million people, could you please tell me how they arrived at this figure, did all 300 million people own up to being middle class. its all based on the laws of probability.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by mustafar1: 11:31pm On Feb 05, 2009
and you would think u have just spoke/typed? you name says quite a lot.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by maxell(f): 11:37pm On Feb 05, 2009
Lagosboy:

A piece of land in Ikoyi cost around 100 million - 250 million naira. There are hundreds of plots of land there and people own them. This is just to butress the posters point and there could be in excess of 5 million nigerians worth above 130 million naira indeed.

I personally think there are more than 5 million Nigerians worth $1 million dollars (N 130 million naira).

A lot of business people in Nigeria are millionaires that are never mentioned on the pages of newspapers.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by KnowAll(m): 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2009
With the recent news that Chioma, Fani - pussy's Girl friend has houses in Ikoyi, VI, Asokoro, Dubai and London, and If we take account of all our theif theif politician's Girl Friends, concubines, Mistresses the fugure of Nigerians that are worth $1 million dollars might be approaching 20 million. wink

If we also take account that Akala's daughter lost $50, 000 to theives money to be spent on painting the town red , if this money is just for the weekend then I refuse to imagine how much she has in account. If the above scenerio is repeated amongst our looting politicians all over the country then I am afraid I might have to review the figure upwards to 35 million. 35 million Nigerians in a country of 145 million that is 1 in 4 Nigerian is a million in dollars can that be really true undecided

I am tempted to believe this figure because it also came to light that Peter Odili embezzled N100 BILLION Naira that is close to if not more than $850million dollars this kind of money can never be embezzled without making a few people millionaires in dollars along the way, and if this scenerio is repeated throughout the 36 states and FCT then I refuse to conclude that 35 million Nigerians is worth $1 million dollars, how can that be with so much poverty around us. The question to be asked is 1 in 4 of us a millionaire in dollars, well I have concluded when next I am in Nigeria when I count 4 people the 5th person must definately be a millionair, I will ask the 5th person for my share. undecided
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by KnowAll(m): 5:37pm On Mar 19, 2009
It also came to light that out of a budget of N1.3 Trillion Naira in 2008 only N2.1 billion was returned to the coffers of the goverment that is 2% of the total buget. I will give it the benefit of the doubt that the remainder 98% was spent on various projects can that be true undecided nothing on the ground to buttress this point. Should I review my figure upwards , No, it might be the same people becoming millionaire in dollars yet again and that would be double counting, what of if they aquire new wives and girl friends Hmmmmmmmmmmm I think I shall do some thinking about that angle
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 19, 2009
Am also a millionaire, so?-
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by KnowAll(m): 9:42am On Mar 20, 2009
Am also a millionaire, so?-

Lucky you, u are probably one of the 1 in 4 who are millionaires good luck to you ,
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by egheleghe(m): 11:31am On Mar 20, 2009
It is very shameful when people talk so ignorantly that the wise would have pity on them.is nigerian population up to 140 million?how many people in a state have up to a million dollar?an average of 6500 millionaires in each lga!!if that is the case then we are not poor.for those who didn't know,most of those choice properties are owned by selected few who belong mostly to the political class. and they cannot be up to 500,000.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by JJYOU: 11:45am On Mar 20, 2009
there are millionaires in Nigeria true. 5million? not in year 3000.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by KnowAll(m): 11:48am On Mar 20, 2009
It is very shameful when people talk so ignorantly that the wise would have pity on them.is nigerian population up to 140 million?how many people in a state have up to a million dollar?an average of 6500 millionaires in each lga!!if that is the case then we are not poor.for those who didn't know,most of those choice properties are owned by selected few who belong mostly to the political class. and they cannot be up to 500,000.

Your point has been noted, we are exchanging ideas here nobody knows for sure the true figure, I beleif it should not be more than 5 million people out of a population of 145 million I think that is a fair estimate. Some people beleif it should be even more. My suggestion that it may be as high as 35 million is a humourous joke u can tell by the puzzled look and the pulling faces expression I am only trying to highlighting the ills of our society albeit Chioma, Akala's daughter and Odili.

how many people in a state have up to a million dollar?  - Would anybody annouce to the world I am worth 1 Million dollars, no I dont think so who wants EFCC to start investigating them.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by vigasimple(m): 12:43am On Jun 27, 2009
There are just over 10 million  millionaires in the world before the credit crunch since then, there are now only 8.6million millionaires in the WORLD, so the figure of 5million millionaires in Nigeria is VERY OVERBLOWN even with all the executhieves and fraud House and Senate members, including the military.

Just a raw poll, at most 250,000 people, and that includes all those people who got their money illegitimately which are in the majority.

Also there is a difference between Gross worth and net worth. The later is used as a proper measure, the former includes liabilities which sometimes are much larger than assets, don't ask me how this happens.

What they are doing with their monies is another matter.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by IKEYMAN1: 12:49am On Jun 27, 2009
really??
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by blackspade(m): 1:51am On Jun 27, 2009
Is this supposed to be good news? If anything, this statistic just reinforces the argument that income inequality in Nigeria is getting worse. undecided
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by kruki: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2009
i am not sure the intent of this message. A more accurate fact is that over 80% of nigerian children go to bed hungry and rely on school feeding pgms for their only meal. It is the value system we have here that is our major problem. Why on earth should we celebrate that in the land of the blind, someone has an eye to see for everyone; when everyone can have an eye to himself. If 9ja were to be very poor (no resources etc); then we cam celebrate this. We should all reject the slavery of the Most by a Few. A good step is not to celebrate wealth in the midst of deep poverty.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by texazzpete(m): 9:32pm On Jun 29, 2009
KnowAll:

I was told to supply goods worth N100,000.00 in 1991 to the lagos state govt

You should never have included this part, because now we have a mental image of how old you are. And at your age, there really is no excuse for such a daft post/topic as this, and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself!

PS: I doubt if the number of people worth over $1m in Nigeria exceeds 200,000.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by KnowAll(m): 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2010
At least with the now established knowledge that our lawmakers take home in excess of $1.7 million dollars a year, it suffices to say the first 600 individuals worth over $1 million dollars are our honourable honourables

I hope with the passage of time many other high net individuals on the pay-roll of our ever generous FG would come out share their experience of what it is to be a millionaire in dollars, until such a time we can safely add this 500+ individuals into that exclusive club of Millionaires.
Re: 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars by KnowAll(m): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2023
Is it true today or not?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu's Health In Unfavourable Condition; Fails To Recognise Family In US / Buratai Lauds Ugwuanyi’s Support For Military / Enugu Govt. Bans Operations Of IPMAN's State Chapter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.