Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

The Secret Behind Anne Hathaway's Otherworldly Met Gala Look - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Secret Behind Anne Hathaway's Otherworldly Met Gala Look (800 Views)

I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! / Omg!!! U Need To See How This Teen Recreated Beyoncé's Met Gala Gown For Prom!!! / Celebrities At The 2015 Met Gala - Red Carpet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Behind Anne Hathaway's Otherworldly Met Gala Look by kayleyons(f): 7:40am On May 05, 2015
For the Met Gala tonight, Anne Hathaway slipped into a Ralph Lauren gown that looked less like fabric and more like pure liquid gold. (Okay, I've never seen liquid gold, but this is exactly how I would imagine it.) Her makeup for the evening also exhibited a hyper-real quality. "I wanted her to look otherworldly," said makeup artist Kate Lee. "And since the look was all about the dress, I didn't want to do anything that would overshadow that."

Kissy Dress

To achieve a look that was surreal yet understated, Lee started with the skin, evening things out with Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet Smooth-Effect foundation in a shade that matched Hathaway'a skin tone exactly. "I always have the same approach with my alabaster clients," she said. "Their skin tone is naturally beautiful and it just doesn't look right if you try to warm it up." Next, Lee added highlights to the cheekbones and jawline using a liquid luminizer from Chantecaille (their Liquid Lumière Highlighting Fluid), followed by her favorite cream blush—Chanel Le Blush Crème de Chanel in Cheeky—to contour underneath the cheekbones. "I like it because you can use it as a contour on pale skin without adding too much color." Then, she smudged a bit of pale gray eye shadow along the creases of the eyes, coated her top and bottom lashes with mascara (this makes the eyes wider and rounder-looking, Lee says), and topped the center of her lips with a "crystal clear" lip gloss—new Chanel product set to hit shelves this September (Gloss Volume Plumping Lipgloss). For her nails, manicurist Alicia Torello continued the minimal theme with two coats of Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy in Checkmate, a pretty sheer nude.

The last element of the look was Hathaway's brows. "Annie has amazing eyebrows and she actually requested that we emphasize them tonight," said Lee, who made them slightly fuller. "It's not a sculpted, angular brow, however, it's just a little fuller, like the best version of a natural brow you could have. You can still see every little hair." To do that, Lee used her go-to technique. "First, I brush the brows down toward the eyes so that you can see where the highest part of the brow is. Then, I fill in any sparse areas with a brown pencil and raise the arch upwards ever so slightly. Once that's done, I brush the brows up, fill in any sparse areas that I've missed, and finish with a clear brow gel (Lee likes Anastasia Brow Gel). If there are any hard lines, I soften them with an angled eyeliner brush."

http://www.kissydress.co.uk/princess-prom-dresses-online

(1) (Reply)

1000 Chair Covers...where To Make Pls??! / Sublimated Teamwear Wholesaler -oasis Sublimation / Wrist Watch Available For Pick Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.