Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,124 members, 7,852,822 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:25 AM

Millipedes Way Of Self Defense – FOREST Expedition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Millipedes Way Of Self Defense – FOREST Expedition (650 Views)

Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) / Soldier Carrying Sand After Kiling Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest(pic / Biafrans On Self Defense photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Millipedes Way Of Self Defense – FOREST Expedition by Ellababy808(f): 11:07am On May 05, 2015
I traveled recently to one of those thick forests that you normally see when you are traveling along Lagos Ibadan express road. It was a pack full of pleasant, horrible and exciting experiences.

As the day rolls by, I would be sharing with you some of these moments.

Here is the first one; some of you might have known this, if you do, please forgive my ignorance. I have never been to the bush; this is my first time of going to the forest.

Apart from the various types of insects; like soldier ants that you see scrawling all around the floor, one of the prominent crawling animals you will notice are millipedes.

After a long day walk; learning about various medicinal trees and roots, we decided to take a rest by sitting under a shaded tree. Guess who our guests were? Millipedes all around us.

My observation is that, whenever I tried to kick, touch or move these millipedes with a stick, they immediately hide their heads inside their elongated bodies. I began to ask questions, why don’t they just run away for their life instead of rolling their bodies round their heads, believe me, this really amazed me. Another display of folly is that, after suspending their curling state of self defense, they still crawl towards your direction. This is so unlike the cockroaches and ants that am used to – could it be they can not see clearly? I guess I have to do a research to find that out.

Were you as amazed as I was?
Are you born in Lagos or a "city-brought-up" like me?
Or perhaps you grew up in the Village and all I just said does not make any sense to you, let’s here your view.

See you all later.
Source: www.doublegandm.com/health-news/millipede.html
You might also be interested in “Where HIV comes from” www.doublegandm.com/health-news/where-did-hiv-come-from.html

1 Like

Re: Millipedes Way Of Self Defense – FOREST Expedition by Babacele: 11:36am On May 05, 2015
wao that is cool Ella. you an entomologist?

(1) (Reply)

Why Saraki Should Succeed Mark As Senate President –amao, APC Chieftain / Chuka Umunna To Contest For British Foreign Secretary / OPC, Afenifere, Disgrace To Yoruba –agbekoya Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.