Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies (139615 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / 17 Best-paying Jobs In Nigeria / Best Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 05, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
You mad? angry
You immature?
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 05, 2015
KingTom:
What about Missionary doctors?

I don't know about them folks!
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Ephemmm: 6:31pm On May 05, 2015
IzonOwei:
OP mobil,shell,chevron and total pay way higher than that per annum...

Those companies pay like they are mad...

When they pay you, you run mad with amazement...

Chevron pays as high as 18milla per annum...

How I wish you know and understand that these companies have resulted to outsourcing in other to sideline certain sets of staff from enjoying their full salary packages? Companies like ICSL, MS, etc are now a recruitment firms that produce cheap labour for them on daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by ekolina(m): 6:31pm On May 05, 2015
dearpreye:

That's because their workers are usually exposed to some of the most critical and risky jobs- especially those offshore!
. Offshore allowance is different. Even those that study management earn as high as 10M per annum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by AMvanquish: 6:32pm On May 05, 2015
@ Op! Apart from the oil coy's , even where im at now pays more than the rest on that list. Many company's out there pay well but don't make noise. A friend recently passed the recruitment of a Multinational, He thinks his new take home is 200k monthly. I dey laff.. Just waitng for him to get slapped with an offer, He would run mad when he see's its almost 5 times his present salary.. grin

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 05, 2015
ekolina:
. Offshore allowance is different. Even those that study management earn as high as 10M per annum
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by KingTom(m): 6:36pm On May 05, 2015
dearpreye:

I don't know about them folks!
Ok
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by sucess001(m): 6:36pm On May 05, 2015
[size=18pt]Apart from the fact that the figures this article is quoting is extremely innacurate...Total Upstream is only second to mobil and is not on the list. entry level in Total gets like N1million per MONTH. go find out![/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 05, 2015
Ephemmm:

How I wish you know and understand that these companies have resulted to outsourcing in other to sideline certain sets of staff from enjoying their full salary packages? Companies like ICSL, MS, etc are now a recruitment firms that produce cheap labour for them on daily basis.
please tell me more...which certain staff are you talking about...the figure I put up there is a confirmed amount paid to graduate trainees...
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 05, 2015
RedBenson:

But then, the oil workers are so stingy. Hardly they can release hand in giving. One wonders if they're into cult. I pray i wont be that stingy when i finally hit there.
some are free handed...being greedy I think has to do with there person....
But those guys earn like mad people...
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 05, 2015
Ephemmm:

Go and start your own too naa. If it is ok and well organized, honestly I will attend.

I swear, by the time I consult IFA and do the needed sacrifices I will open one directly opposite your house sef.

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by misreal(m): 6:38pm On May 05, 2015
ucheokpara100:
are these per annum or monthly?
my thoughts exactly.
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by InvertedHammer: 6:39pm On May 05, 2015
N2million = $11000 in a year.

Now...that sucks!!!

OP: Are you sure? I expect better numbers.

I don't think they will pay expatriates the same.

/

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 05, 2015
EbolaParasite:

There is a difference between salary and total renumeration. Chevron does not pay 18million per annum salary for entry level. Are you high? 1.5 million naira per month salary? Abeg park somewhere. Even after including bonus and allawes it won't enter 18million for entry level. As an entry level Pet Engr for instance, it will be around .....................ehn let me keep my mouth shut
I know youre surprised with that amount but youve got to wake up to reality....that is exactly how much total,mobil and chevron pay there staff...

Basic and allowances can amount to 1.3-1.5 a month...you think those companies are joking?...

Shell pays about 13milla per annum...

My brother wake up...

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by ekolina(m): 6:40pm On May 05, 2015
ifeanyi83:

Amazingly those that work offshore do not get paid as much as those in the offices. I heard so....
. You guys keep giving false info. People pray to be mobilised offshore. Offshore allowance is mini of 10k per day diff from your monthly salary
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 05, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, work your way to the IOCs!
my bro I am trying...its not been easy..but I will get there pretty soon..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 05, 2015
IzonOwei:
my bro I am trying...its not been easy..but I will get there pretty soon..

It was never meant to be easy.....just keep trying!
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:43pm On May 05, 2015
No matter how much one is paid, you can never become rich on a paid employment.

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 05, 2015
dearpreye:

It was never meant to be easy.....just keep trying!
thanks bro... cool...
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 05, 2015
With the recent fall in oil prices, will those oil companies still be able to afford those salared
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by micronut(m): 6:49pm On May 05, 2015
CHAI!

GOD!

BUT I WAS TOLD THERE WAS NO LONGER GOOD JOBS IN THIS COUNTRY.

Somebody must have been telling me the wrong thing since.

From school, to Nysc camp, mosque and churches........the stories are the same...

Radios jingles and adverts are all about self employment.......yet my mates that i had better grades than, are earning this much

Time to dust my cv and head for the job market cos if i can get 200k per month, i can hire two other ones that would work for me and pay them 50k each..........

OH NIGERIA MY BELOVED COUNTRY, WHY ARE SOME SET OF PEOPLE ONLY ENJOYING THE BETTER BETTER THING IN YOU??

WHY GOD WHY

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by EARN: 6:50pm On May 05, 2015
This piece has done a very poor Job. The salaries quoted are way below those industrial standard. Why dont people verify before posting write ups.

This is best a "misinformation"
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by clemz88(m): 6:53pm On May 05, 2015
jossy404:

Bros are you aware that it is illegal to pay a staff working in your country with foreign currency, so confirm your information well

@OP it is evident you don't have any idea of the Oil and Gas company salary structure. Go and do your research well and know that many companies pay more than most of the companies you mentioned
guy pertaining the payment in dollar, some orgs in nig pay in dollars . If you doubt me ask someone working in unicef as a top official
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by PepsiBoy: 6:56pm On May 05, 2015
I can tell you for a fact that Oil and Gas companies pay very well. I know because I work in an IOC. The companies that pay most are Total, ExxonMobil, Chevron and Shell. The Oil Servicing companies like Schlumberger and Baker Hughes also pay well. Then the Telecom companies pay well too.

To enter these companies, you need to do well academically and have very useful/relevant experience. The people who work there don't have 2 heads. They are human being like you. The only difference is that they worked hard in school and prepared themselves for their opportunities.

For those of you in school, please study well. Try and be the best you can be, and come out with a very good degree - a First Class or a Second Class Upper. This is the foundation that you need to get into these type of places.

Secondly, don't be afraid to start small. I started small, but today, I am in an IOC, and I have been here for about 8 years. Dream and work towards your dream.

Thirdly, pray. Only God can bring you into these type of places. The favor of God makes all the difference.

Don't think that you need to know someone to get into an IOC. For Nigerian companies, maybe you need to know someone, but for the IOCs, please know that you do not need to know anybody. I got in without knowing anybody. I saw an advert in the newspaper, I applied, and I was invited for interview. The rest is history.

Bottomline, work hard, dream big, prepare for your opportunity, pray.

All the best!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by abbey621(m): 6:58pm On May 05, 2015
The funny thing about Nigerian jobs is that official salary is way different from your real income. With each company, employees have the opportunity for side deals and other bonuses, something which lacks severely in advanced countries. In fact one side deal can earn you a whole year's salary, long live 9ja grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Ephemmm: 7:02pm On May 05, 2015
IzonOwei:
please tell me more...which certain staff are you talking about...the figure I put up there is a confirmed amount paid to graduate trainees...

Please do not fall into the trap that all companies in Nigeria are paying well. Even if they did, they have some sets that are working there as slaves.

I can say it irrevocably that majority of Tellers and Transaction Officers, Customer Service Officers etc you always meet inside the bank are not the real staff of such banks. Banks like Zenith, Access, GTB, Wema, etc are just using those staff as staff being outsourced from another companies but working with them. Those staff that are enjoying the full packages are called 'professional staff'. And the difference between them is that being an 'outsourced staff' will denies such staff of many benefits that other professional staff are enjoying.

Has your brother or sister deny you of N5,000 you asked for about two months before he/she gave it to you despite working in bank? Don't blame him/her: his salary is around 60 or 70k at most despite his suits that is shinning like a morning star everyday with a polished shoe. Ordinarily, average Nigerian bank will pay around 200k for entry level, but as an outsourced staff, they will pay you less with 50 or 60k through their agents called 'outsourcing companies'. Some companies will not even give the outsourced staff the impression that they are in-house-staff in many of their trainings and development programmes.

This menace has entered into both local and international companies like - KPMG, MTN, Glo, Oil and Gas etc. Example of such recruitment firms are:

1. Integrated Corporate services Ltd at Obanikoro (ICSL)
2. Michael Stevens at Alaka (MS)
3. Strategic Outsourcing Limited (SOL)
4. http://www.businesslist.com.ng/category/hr-outsourcing (for many names that cannot be mentioned)

For your information, even though you will do the test and interviews in the main companies, but at the end of the day, you will still be reverted to these outsourcing companies as their staff for proper documentation.

This is the way the employees were being starved of their entitlements nowadays in many industries.

6 Likes

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by bliss750: 7:05pm On May 05, 2015
Na lie I beg where u get all these ur rubbish facts from. If u see some unknown pay u go faint

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Sylverbox(m): 7:05pm On May 05, 2015
oluwadamilolah:
God pls connect me with someone that knows someone at the top grin i need a good job
God will do it for you. Say Amen.
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by KingAfo(m): 7:06pm On May 05, 2015
NEXIM BANK. NIGERIA EXPORT AND IMPORT BANK

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by oluwadamilolah(f): 7:10pm On May 05, 2015
Sylverbox:
God will do it for you. Say Amen.
amen, thanks kiss
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by DDz1(f): 7:11pm On May 05, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
No matter how much one is paid, you can never become rich on a paid employment.
Not true!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ten Tough Interview Questions And Ten Great Answers / FAAN RECRUITMENT EXERCISE / Wema Bank Plc Nationwide Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.