Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen (28811 Views)

Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors / Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen / Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by msmon(m): 10:21pm On May 05, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has announced the
appointment of some key members of the Peoples
Democratic Party as Chairmen of the Governing
Councils of some federal universities, with three
weeks left for his administration.

While a former Governor of Ogun State, Otunba
Gbenga Daniel, is the Chairman, Governing Council
of Federal University in Kashere, Gombe State; a
former Deputy Governor of Osun State and ex-
Minister of State for Defence, Chief Olusola Obada,
heads the Governing Council of the Federal University in Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State.

A former Chief of Army Staff during the regime of the late dictator, Gen. Sani Abacha, Lt. Gen. Ishaya
Bamaiya (retd.), was also appointed Chairman,
Governing Council of the Federal Polytechnic of Oil
and Gas in Bonny, Rivers State.

Although Daniel and Bamaiyi were absent at the
inauguration ceremony, Obada and others received
their letters of authority.

At the event held on Tuesday in Abuja, the Minister
of Education, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, inaugurated the Chairmen and Pro-Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Governing Councils of 12 new federal universities and four new polytechnics and Board of National Library of Nigeria.

He cautioned them against undue interference in the day-to-day running of the institutions, adding that governing councils found wanting would be
dissolved, even though they have not reached the
constitutionally required provision of four years for
universities and three years for polytechnics.

The Minister said, “Governing Councils should ensure that the funds allocated by government are
judiciously utilized. They should also come up with
ideas that will generate more revenue, outside
government allocations.

“In the course of your tenure, you should ensure that proper attention and priority are accorded to the relevant University laws, Polytechnics Act and
government guidelines in the appointment of
principal officers and other staff. You must ensure
that transparency, probity and due process are
followed in the selection and appointment so that the best and the right candidates emerge for these
positions.

“The idea that the Chief Executive or any principal
officer should come from its locality is erroneous and alien to the system and should not be allowed to becloud your decisions. Merit should be the
watchword and guiding principle.”

The Executive Secretary of the National Universities
Commission, Prof. Julius Okojie, cautioned the
Governing Councils against exhibiting domineering
attitude.

The NUC boss urged them to play their roles and
strengthen the structure of the nation’s universities.

www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-appoints-daniel-abachas-aide-varsities-council-chairmen/
Cc: lalasticlala, ubaobi

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 05, 2015
This GEJ guy has a mission. What's with the hiring and firing?why the late stuffs? Something is not right. I supported him back then but not again. I think he has done much work this year than he has all his years in the presidency.

#FTC

106 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by ChinemeOkpan: 10:42pm On May 05, 2015
Jonathan is going through a lot of pain. He is mourning.

He cannot believe that the Nigerian people have sent him out of Aso Rock. All his actions since his disgraceful loss at the polls is a representation of how this drunkard has misruled this great nation.

He is trying to create a chaotic situation for the government of Buhari after May 29 but as always, he underestimates the resoluteness of President Buhari

24 days to proper governance in Nigeria.

Jonathan can continue to appoint his corrupt friends. Buhari is just dancing and waiting to correct his errors

104 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by bigv(m): 10:42pm On May 05, 2015
I'm yet to understand the rationale behind some of these last moves by GEJ, seriously.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Danielakonic: 10:43pm On May 05, 2015
Hoping for my turn someday wink
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by steppin: 10:43pm On May 05, 2015
Uncle Jona, I no understand o!
Even Gbenga?

26 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by msmon(m): 10:43pm On May 05, 2015
The appointment of Daniel is a clear indication he's trying to compensate his loyalist. Some names there are just barbaric.

gbl01:
This GEJ guy has a mission. What's with the hiring and firing?why the late stuffs? Something is not right. I supported him back then but not again. I think he has done much work this year than he has all his years in the presidency.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by efilefun(m): 10:43pm On May 05, 2015
Gbenga daniel of all people That cocaine addict who smiles at the wrong time. This clearly shows theres alot behind the die minute madness by GEJ... I just hope GMB's team are noting all the names and positions so they could go back to there various home by MAY 30th 2015

43 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by toluine56(m): 10:43pm On May 05, 2015
Confused man
hiring nd firing like he's high on some sh*t/drugs.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 05, 2015
This dude has an hidden agenda. I don't trust him one bit. He is setting up GMB into a lions den. Time will tell tho

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by sochima1989(m): 10:43pm On May 05, 2015
Ifa: Lobatan
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Tbillz(m): 10:43pm On May 05, 2015
What a young man climb a tree to check, an old man can see it while sitting. Even if the President elect is a retarded being, he understand the hiring and firing is a venom of a wounded bayelsa lion. I just hope the grass will not be at the losing end when the two elephant finish Up the battle. The same hiring and firing policy will fish out NIGERIAN MOSES SOME DAY.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by jolamat(m): 10:44pm On May 05, 2015
GEJ Comedy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 05, 2015
msmon:
The appointment of Daniel is a clear indication he's trying to compensate his loyalist. Some names there are just barbaric.

Can't those appointments be overturned?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by JingoOAU(m): 10:45pm On May 05, 2015
You mean gbenga Daniel and bamaiyi of all people?

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Danielakonic: 10:45pm On May 05, 2015
gbl01:

If the mission crosses your part, you'll again makee him your HERO

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by siegfried99(m): 10:45pm On May 05, 2015
Are u kidding me right now? undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by theV0ice: 10:45pm On May 05, 2015
GEJ appoints Abacha's henchman cheesy

Some children of bitterness will develop acute blindness and selective amnesia here wink

Anyway......the appointments are only for 3 weeks cool

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 05, 2015
I thought he was only sacking people... seems like he is also appointing. What if Buhari reverses all his changes?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 05, 2015
Danielakonic:

If the mission crosses your part, you'll again makee him your HERO

It coat nothing to reason right, try it!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Aregs(m): 10:46pm On May 05, 2015
Jona why na

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by ilerry007(m): 10:46pm On May 05, 2015
I also saw GEJ letter appointing me has chairman board of his black cloth packer at the aso rock

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by okotv(m): 10:47pm On May 05, 2015
Click like if you think the appointments aren't needed.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by brainbox1000(m): 10:47pm On May 05, 2015
GEJ!!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by hollowpot15684(m): 10:47pm On May 05, 2015
this man is a Doom.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by walozanga(m): 10:47pm On May 05, 2015
I TOLD U PEOPLE NIGERIA IS PREGNANT

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by theV0ice: 10:48pm On May 05, 2015
teeowl:
I thought he was only sacking people... seems like he is also appointing. What if Buhari reverses all his changes?

Of course the appointments aren't cast in stone bro.....

GMB knows where to get red Biro to terminate the appointments.....na small efforts to sign he need wink

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by BashMe1(m): 10:49pm On May 05, 2015
Daft Presido... Later some nuisance go come dey call am dia mentor when ppl like Obama, Bill Gate, Amanpour, Oprah, Dangote, etc.. dey dey make life a better place to live. Oshi n'ile pako.

25 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by ionsman: 10:51pm On May 05, 2015
Goodluck please appoint me too.Let me loot too before buhari will sack me. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 05, 2015
Daniel
Now i believe somebody's truely clueless...

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Profitsng(m): 10:54pm On May 05, 2015
Following...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Waziri Bulama Emerges APC National Secretary / 2023: APC Has No Governorship Candidate In Akwa Ibom - INEC / Anti- Jega Plot Crashes As Presidency Hits Dead End.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.