Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen (28810 Views)

Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors / Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen / Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by tola9ja: 12:12am On May 06, 2015
Jonathan is my hero

GOD FORBID

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by tolux247(m): 12:12am On May 06, 2015
Gejpresident:
for u to insult man of God u r dead already

Is not going to die because he does not think bad for this nation by this tomorrow for you looking for the failure of this country you will not die but be in pain... untill you beg for forgivrnesd on here... its midnight already not joking
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by trulords(m): 12:31am On May 06, 2015
Dis people he picked as vc guess next election he will want to use Dem to manipulate it.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by toyoutoyou: 12:42am On May 06, 2015
God is never involved in evil.What if ur wish for this great nation turns to be ur portion throughout ur lifetime?Nigeria will never fail,this government will succeed,Biafra will never be established,the Ibos will be left with no choice than to continue to manage their political circumstance in Nigeria.This is our own Israel,and who ever says Nigeria should fail will suffer for the rest of his or her entire life.
Gejpresident:
God bless Gej forever our president

as apc destroy your government with insurgency and propaganda

so shall failure be their potion

I wish this incoming government failure in the name of God

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by babadee1(m): 12:50am On May 06, 2015
Gejpresident:
for u to insult man of God u r dead already

Who dash you man of God? Men of God don't insult their leaders or curse their country.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by arowolobioyinbo: 1:04am On May 06, 2015
bigv:
I'm yet to understand the rationale behind some of these last moves by GEJ, seriously.

You may ask Fayemi. He did similar things in Ekiti after loosing the guber race.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Larufa(m): 1:11am On May 06, 2015
Any appointment made after March 28, 2015 by the clueless "Dokita" Jona is null and void, of no effect from May 29 2015 simple.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Nobody: 1:13am On May 06, 2015
chrisbaba1:
i have a feeling this man wants to scheme for military take over cos all these dont makke sense.

Same here
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by ifekayodee(m): 1:16am On May 06, 2015
Mr President is free to vent his depair on whueva he wants within the time frame,it'l be weeks before he wake up from the reality of the fact that he has truly bn displaced.
Our politicians will hopefully learn to respect the electorates.#Change
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by AreaFada2: 1:51am On May 06, 2015
Gejpresident:

I wish GMB success in his govt not because I like him or consider him competent, but purely in the interest of Nigerians.

GEJ is not that callous to leave traps for GMB/APC.

Worldwide, presidents leaving office appoint loyalists into positions. They even pardon some prisoners on death row.

If Daniel could be twice elected as governor of Ogun State, then it's hypocrisy to say he cannot lead a governing council of a school. Considering he was an engineering lecturer before.

Bamaiyi was a general of Nigerian army and could easily have become Nigerian Head of State after Abacha. Buhari can lead a country, suddenly Bamaiyi cannot lead a Governing council. Haba!

People should at least tone down their screaming double standard.

If any of his appointments amounts to illegality, the courts are there.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Lucasbalo(m): 2:12am On May 06, 2015
Gejpresident:

For you to think like that because you don't like Buhari is not only absurd and appalling, it's a sign of mental defect on you. If Nigeria fails, don't you know you and your family will fail. I don't even live in Nigeria, and I always pray for Nigeria to progress. Shame on you because only mental dwarf thinks like you.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by lastpage: 2:22am On May 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Jonathan is going through a lot of pain. He is mourning.

He cannot believe that the Nigerian people have sent him out of Aso Rock. All his actions since his disgraceful loss at the polls is a representation of how this drunkard has misruled this great nation.

He is trying to create a chaotic situation for the government of Buhari after May 29 but as always, he underestimates the resoluteness of President Buhari

24 days to proper governance in Nigeria.

Jonathan can continue to appoint his corrupt friends. Buhari is just dancing and waiting to correct his errors

No one could have said it better!

His bitterness, Anger and Wicked intent to cause CHAOS is very evident in everything he has been doing since he lost the election.

"Statesman" my black bottom!
undecided

I salute you!!

Lastpage!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Nobody: 2:23am On May 06, 2015
Craze don dey worry dis wan.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by lastpage: 2:30am On May 06, 2015
trulords:
Dis people he picked as vc guess next election he will want to use Dem to manipulate it.

I feel you..

But l think Prof. Jega is smart enough to pull another surprise on everyone.

Next time around, he may just go for Bank's CEO's or even Principals of Secondary Schools, as returning Officers afterall, we saw the way the V.C. and Returning officer in Rivers State was mumbling and disgracing himself like someone who has catarracts.... just to read "prepared results"? grin

I think Buhari will simply revrese all these "hasty appointments" and l just pity the folks involved because some of them may lose out as they wont be able to go back and occupy their previous positions.

For example, l am sure 100% that the new I.G.P (from BAYELSA STATE of Jonathan!) will be relieved of his post and retired ASAP, once Buhari is sworn-in\

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by olaniyanc: 2:46am On May 06, 2015
[i][/i]
msmon:
President Goodluck Jonathan has announced the
appointment of some key members of the Peoples
Democratic Party as Chairmen of the Governing
Councils of some federal universities, with three
weeks left for his administration.

While a former Governor of Ogun State, Otunba
Gbenga Daniel, is the Chairman, Governing Council
of Federal University in Kashere, Gombe State; a
former Deputy Governor of Osun State and ex-
Minister of State for Defence, Chief Olusola Obada,
heads the Governing Council of the Federal University in Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State.

A former Chief of Army Staff during the regime of the late dictator, Gen. Sani Abacha, Lt. Gen. Ishaya
Bamaiya (retd.), was also appointed Chairman,
Governing Council of the Federal Polytechnic of Oil
and Gas in Bonny, Rivers State.

Although Daniel and Bamaiyi were absent at the
inauguration ceremony, Obada and others received
their letters of authority.

At the event held on Tuesday in Abuja, the Minister
of Education, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, inaugurated the Chairmen and Pro-Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Governing Councils of 12 new federal universities and four new polytechnics and Board of National Library of Nigeria.

He cautioned them against undue interference in the day-to-day running of the institutions, adding that governing councils found wanting would be
dissolved, even though they have not reached the
constitutionally required provision of four years for
universities and three years for polytechnics.

The Minister said, “Governing Councils should ensure that the funds allocated by government are
judiciously utilized. They should also come up with
ideas that will generate more revenue, outside
government allocations.

“In the course of your tenure, you should ensure that proper attention and priority are accorded to the relevant University laws, Polytechnics Act and
government guidelines in the appointment of
principal officers and other staff. You must ensure
that transparency, probity and due process are
followed in the selection and appointment so that the best and the right candidates emerge for these
positions.

“The idea that the Chief Executive or any principal
officer should come from its locality is erroneous and alien to the system and should not be allowed to becloud your decisions. Merit should be the
watchword and guiding principle.”

The Executive Secretary of the National Universities
Commission, Prof. Julius Okojie, cautioned the
Governing Councils against exhibiting domineering
attitude.

The NUC boss urged them to play their roles and
strengthen the structure of the nation’s universities.

www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-appoints-daniel-abachas-aide-varsities-council-chairmen/
Cc: lalasticlala, ubaobi

Why appointing Gbenga Daniel. He is got no business in the new dispensation. This is time of Change. He was one of the treasuries looter. He is supposed to be in prison like IborI. Period.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by BillzCarter(m): 2:50am On May 06, 2015
Now I see what GEJ is tryna do. He's tryna appoint corrupt people into office before GMB's inauguration. So, this corrupt people will hinder whatever good plans GMB's administration has got to offer us. I know GMB will not sit and watch all of this happen.
May Allah put them to shame!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by tit(f): 2:51am On May 06, 2015
buhari was abacha aide too

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by noblestan: 2:58am On May 06, 2015
This is getting more interesting. What exactly is Mr Jonathan planning?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Okehjp(m): 3:22am On May 06, 2015
efilefun:
Gbenga daniel of all people That cocaine addict who smiles at the wrong time. This clearly shows theres alot behind the die minute madness by GEJ... I just hope GMB's team are nothing all the names and positions so they could go back to there various home by MAY 30th 2015

young man you had better watch what you type so get yourself mopped thank God nairaland is a user content site, where you liable for everything you say.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by eliwa47(m): 3:30am On May 06, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]mark my words mama peace, ffk and the likes will take their appointment before may 29th ; mark my words mama peace, ffk and the likes will take their appointment before may 29th
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:48am On May 06, 2015
Anybody that accepts Jonathan's appointment, even for a day, risks coming under the anti-corruption radar of Buhari. They had better be warned.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by emmykk(m): 4:35am On May 06, 2015
efilefun:
Gbenga daniel of all people That cocaine addict who smiles at the wrong time. This clearly shows theres alot behind the die minute madness by GEJ... I just hope GMB's team are nothing all the names and positions so they could go back to there various home by MAY 30th 2015
when president GEJ fails to fire his subordinators like Ms oduah or Mrs diezani it is called corruption,when he fires and appoints it is called a trap to GMB...
Even when he is still the president of the nation till May 29.

The truth is that GMB can't fire those that Gej is appointing now because those positions are fixed term things and some arefar from the corridors of power,provided the occupantof such office is not found wanting,any attemptby GMB to do so will bring the press falling on GMB.

And those claiming Pres. GeJ is mouring should know that he has been deputy gov,governor,vp,acting president and president for 6yrs.if this is mouring,then it is a good mouring.

When he said he wanted to handover may 28,everybody shouted why why and now he realise what he can be doing with the presidency people start shouting trap trap trap....president Gej is the wisest president so far since 1999

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by Nobody: 5:01am On May 06, 2015
Gejpresident:

see how daft u are. The finger u point at other people the remain four are towards u.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by enkay0525: 5:50am On May 06, 2015
We should all try to look at it this way. What if buhari and Jonathan has talked about these changes? Buhari and his apc family are not saying nada about it. Its only on nairaland we are complaining. I keep telling people,dey know what dey are doing.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by temeem: 5:54am On May 06, 2015
I think the guy is trying to set GMB against the diff Geopolitical zones
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by hamzeiy: 6:08am On May 06, 2015
Gejpresident:

mumu...so if they fail ure happy.....stupidity of the highest order...wshin ur own country failure
Re: Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen by skull99(m): 6:25am On May 06, 2015
Jona appoint this,jona sack this while jona has been sack by Apc n will b appoit by court to be prosecuted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogoni Clean-Up: Buhari To Be Represented By Osinbajo - Femi Adesina / Hanan Buhari Denies Ordering DSS To Arrest, Detain Okolie Over SIM / Waziri Bulama Emerges APC National Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.