Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari (2008 Views)

Our Food Import Bill Too High –buhari / 5 GEJ Ministers That Didn't Live Up To Expectation / Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Trut(m): 1:51am On May 06, 2015
President elect, Maj. Gen. Mohammadu Buhari, has told the All Progressives Congress governors-elect, that the expectation of Nigerians was too high hence the need to sensitise all to set realistic targets.

Buhari said this at a meeting with the APC governors-elect at Defence House, Abuja, on Monday.

He also lamented the poor state of the economy which has made it difficult for both the federal and state governments to meet their obligations to workers.

The President-elect was responding to pleas by the incoming governors for him to prepare a sort of bail out for states to enable them pay salaries.

Buhari said, “The expectation is too high and I have started nervously to explain to people that Rome was not built in a day.”

According to him, it is sad that the nation is grappling with security challenges while the economy is lying prostrate with most states unable to pay salaries in spite of the revenue we earned from 1990 till date.

He also said, “For this to be corrected, please give the incoming government a chance. Here, I will like to recall what happened during the Abacha regime which led to the emergence of PTF.”

The former military ruler recalled that, “The Abacha regime was a military regime and it thought that the only way was to increase the prices of petroleum products, but they were not taking Nigerians for a ride.

“They could have said if Nigerians decide too riot, they have the guns and so they can have their way. They decided to tell Nigerians that they were going to increase prices of petroleum products and the money we get, we will put aside for development. That was how PTF came.”

Perhaps in a veiled reference to what his administration is planning to do to mitigate the effects of the economic down turn, Buhari hinted at embarking on public enlightenment to galvanise public support for his economic policies.

The President-elect said, “This time around, under this system, to bounce back with the issue especially with the backlog of salaries which are of immediate concern to individuals and states, I think we should look for a better way to address the issue and think of how to persuade people to give us a chance to organise the economy immediately and get something to pay salaries.”

He reaffirmed his determination to give priority to securing the lives and property of Nigerians because according to him no meaningful development can take place without security.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/expectations-of-nigerians-too-high-buhari/
Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Trut(m): 1:52am On May 06, 2015
Nigerians don enter one change ooo

2 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Nobody: 1:58am On May 06, 2015
When you were busy promising the whole Nigerians the impossible didn't you know we were busy collating all your numerous campaign promises cos most of us didn't believe in your alleged change.... Baba one chance please remember you promise to revamp Enugu coal mining for us and also equate $1 to #1naira... Our expectations are not high again cos you've denied virtually all that you promised us during campaign...

7 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by dondestiny(m): 2:34am On May 06, 2015
Wen u were promising dat u wud do dis nd dat,i was watchin in 3D,nw u wan comot subsidy if i get u clear.hmmm.AYAM WATCHING

5 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by plusteam: 2:40am On May 06, 2015
Agents of change indeed! I don't want to watch Nigerian home video during ur four years in office where one can predict a movie just by taking a look at its poster, with these ur excuses everyday.

1 Like

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Splashme: 2:48am On May 06, 2015
Nigeria just enetered one chance. GEJ will soon be missed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by manutdadex(m): 4:16am On May 06, 2015
very bad time for anyone to rule nigeria...gmb fi ori ko... #babaonechance

3 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by stepo707: 4:25am On May 06, 2015
So you no know before?

3 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by worthytalk: 4:34am On May 06, 2015
What a foolish statement from brainless one.

6 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Femolacaster(m): 4:37am On May 06, 2015
Look at how these disgruntled tanoids are typing trash about our amiable general....anyway, i knew that u never recovered from d shock of Gej's defeat! No sane Nigerian will miss your clueless Gej...MU MU PEOPLE

1 Like

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Nobody: 4:38am On May 06, 2015
Another day, another excuse!!

Off-course we knew you had nothing to offer, but your Zombie supporters felt otherwise - #DuaraDullad now you are there, do your Job and stop complaining.

"Moses" Buhari you promised to stabilse oil price........... we are waiting!

3 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Zaikon(m): 4:39am On May 06, 2015
NO RETREAT NO SURRENDER, WITH GOD ALL IS WELL #NOREGRETS
Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by fearless2014: 4:43am On May 06, 2015
Nigerians are not patient and are very unforgivling, we will treat APC's f.uckup anyhow.
Buhari must do all he said..

9 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by myweb(m): 4:44am On May 06, 2015
I still cant understand the problem with many Nigerians like guys above, who hates somebody who is so plain, who tells you the true state of things. Definitely, you are still hallucinating on the defeat of your principal. Ask yourselves;
As GEJ ever been truthful throughout its tenure as president? Now more than 700 women and girls have been by soldier but the public is only aware of prolly a little above 300 missing. It's either we are shielded from knowing the truth or somebody is been outrightly misinformed, I think both are the case here.
Secondly, do you how many times the 'prime minister' to say how strong our economic is only to debunk it few weeks later on (where does this happen? except from the table of the 'father' of lie).
I pick this simple instances out of his numerous shameless deeds. I still dont know why right thinking dude will still be in support of GEJ.

I have a bad news for you: PRESIDENT MOHAMMADU BUHARI IS YOUR PRESIDENT AT LEAST FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS AND YOU GONNA DO NADA ABOUT IT. IF YOU ARE NOT OKAY WITH THAT, RELOCATE..

If you care to get breaking news visit: www.naijablower.com

2 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by eleojo23: 4:50am On May 06, 2015
Of course they are high.
Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by appini: 5:07am On May 06, 2015
Baba clueless is preparing to embark on a dangerous one chance journey.

2 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by focus7: 5:20am On May 06, 2015
This bad economy will begin to hear towards the end of Jonathan tenor is contrary to the picture of a robust economy painted to the word of Nigeria economy by Okonjo Iweala. When Obasanjo left the throne he left billions of dollars in the foreign reserve like when Yaradua died, Jonathan needs to be call to account for how he spent or wasted our funds.
Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 5:27am On May 06, 2015
That he should have known when he was making all those beautiful campaign promises to lure nigerians into his political bed, please tell us another story.

Anyway, once there is a will, there will be a way.

2 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by ellechrystal(f): 6:24am On May 06, 2015
"Buhari said, “The expectation is too high and I have started nervously to explain to people that Rome was not built in a day.”"

Lol, this old man once cried crocodile tears saying all sorts about Nigerian economy, n security, he said all sorts in Aljezeera, campaigned with lots of words, promises n d rest.
General one chance, lest we forget, u were well aware that d Nigerian Economy was n is bad according to u n ur co town criers.
Look man, our expectations r as high as u raised them, n hasn't risen from where u stopped.
I will b right here to laugh wen u flop which I know u will, u cant win an election based on lies n propaganda n expect a great reign, by d way u thought it was very easy? Ride along Mr President -elect, u just got urself some iron shoes, n they weigh higher than u expected, .
Don't forget u guys thought Nigerians how to blame d govt, n insult constituted authorities, be well informed that they will b coming for ur ass soonest, n d blame game will start,
Worthy of note Mr president-elect, Nigerians r funny ppl, one minute u r loved, n d next minuite cursed.
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Ddonoflife(m): 6:41am On May 06, 2015
baba we and GOD or is it GOD and we are solidly behind you now that you have gotten dere.
Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by tbaba1234: 6:47am On May 06, 2015
Splashme:
Nigeria just enetered one chance. GEJ will soon be missed

GEJ will NEVER be missed!!!!!!!! ... Do you know the mess he put the Nigerian Economy with the waste and profligacy. Voting GEJ back would have been worse than one chance.

It will not be easy, but a new start is needed.

1 Like

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 6:51am On May 06, 2015
[size=20pt]#BabaOneChance[/size] grin

1 Like

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Trut(m): 6:57am On May 06, 2015
Watching in 5D how #BabaOneChance will CHANGE Nigeria from Good to Worst.

1 Like

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by tbaba1234: 6:59am On May 06, 2015
Trut:
Watching in 5D how #BabaOneChance will CHANGE Nigeria from Good to Worst.

Nigeria is not 'good' at the moment. GEJ was not an option...
Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by sinizia: 7:02am On May 06, 2015
Someone tell me this news is a joke. Expecting too much from you? You're getting NERVOUS because of our expectations even when you haven't started ruling? Are you fùcking joking?

Why the hell do you think we voted you if not for the promises you made? You think if you hadn't promised us heaven on earth, we would've go through pains to vote you? You promised us many things which have been well documented. Don't come and start giving excuses, because if you had been truthful like this, i'd have stuck with GEJ. So better stop all these fidgeting and lead this country to its promise land. We've suffered enough in the hands of PDP, so better get the best brains as you promised and bring that change you preached about. No excuses will be entertained at all.

2 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Nobody: 7:05am On May 06, 2015
Buhari made lots of promises during the campaign period. He promised 24/7 electricity within four years, he promised an eldorado economy, he promised to revamp the petroleum industry, he promised to end corruption, he promised to pay 25m unemployed, he promised to pay the elderly and disabled. He also promised 3m jobs annually.

Baba, we are only asking that you fulfil your electoral pledge. #No Excuse shall be tolerated.

God Help you

3 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by ellechrystal(f): 7:06am On May 06, 2015
myweb:
I still cant understand the problem with many Nigerians like guys above, who hates somebody who is so plain, who tells you the true state of things. Definitely, you are still hallucinating on the defeat of your principal. Ask yourselves;
As GEJ ever been truthful throughout its tenure as president? Now more than 700 women and girls have been by soldier but the public is only aware of prolly a little above 300 missing. It's either we are shielded from knowing the truth or somebody is been outrightly misinformed, I think both are the case here.
Secondly, do you how many times the 'prime minister' to say how strong our economic is only to debunk it few weeks later on (where does this happen? except from the table of the 'father' of lie).
I pick this simple instances out of his numerous shameless deeds. I still dont know why right thinking dude will still be in support of GEJ.

I have a bad news for you: PRESIDENT MOHAMMADU BUHARI IS YOUR PRESIDENT AT LEAST FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS AND YOU GONNA DO NADA ABOUT IT. IF YOU ARE NOT OKAY WITH THAT, RELOCATE..

If you care to get breaking news visit: www.naijablower.com
We r not here to dispute d fact that he is d president, please always try to view things in two sides in which they occur, this man raised our hope, n it's as high as a mountain, we didn't ask him to do it, he knew damn well that d economy was bad, he promised heaven n earth, please I want to ask y he didn't say all these during his campaign days? Y now? N u r here defending such?
Am not saying u ain't right in ur own way,u r entitled to ur own opinion, n as such people ve their own opinions, n so let d posters above u air their views, there r two sides of a coin. I am trying to let u understand that we want him to fulfil all his promised shikena, n not lament.
It sounds like once chance

1 Like

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by ifyalways(f): 7:07am On May 06, 2015
From change to " chance "

He he he. cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Flets: 7:10am On May 06, 2015
GEJ was expected to crush a terror group with a 30yrs deficient armed military

GEJ was expected to litter fast trains instead of 'locomotives' as APC put it

GEJ was expected to kill all the cabals in the Oil and Gas downstream sector

GEJ was expected not to remove subsidy while ensuring zero fuel scarcity even without the support of populace against the oil marketers

GEJ was expected to accede to every request of labour unions, ASUU, Niger Medical Association etc

GEJ was expected to provide jobs for all unemployed youths

GEJ was expected to fund all capital projects and implement FG budget to the letter without borrowing in the face of dwindling crude oil revenue caused by declining crude prices

The expectations are enormous and still unchanged.

APC rode into power on the wings of these unmet expectations. Buhari and his APC should be assured that that expection is ratther higher this time and no amount 'Don't expect a miracle' sermon will lower this expectation.

Illiteracy and mob mentality is Nigeria's biggest problem.

2 Likes

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Trut(m): 7:14am On May 06, 2015
ifyalways:
From change to " chance "
He he he. cheesy
Na so we see am oo grin

1 Like

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by fearless2014: 7:16am On May 06, 2015
tbaba1234:

GEJ will NEVER be missed!!!!!!!! ... Do you know the mess he put the Nigerian Economy with the waste and profligacy. Voting GEJ back would have been worse than one chance.

It will not be easy, but a new start is needed.

Point of order! ! - It is the mess Nigerians put themselves inside, when you refused to restructure your country, burdened with more number of huge liabilities of states that cannot pay primary school teachers without Abuja hand outs than those w ho can, coupled with a bicamaral national assembly members with their retinue of aides, all of them milking the nation dry financially, why wont we be in a mess when we have blindly refused to restructure the overloaded sinking ship of nigeria & was shouting 'change'.
Change we have gotten , but that is purely political change & nothing more.. This overloaded ship will still continue it's sinking process when the euphoria of march 28th victory clears in the air..

1 Like

Re: Expectation Of Nigerians Are Too High – Buhari by Jossyroyal1: 7:28am On May 06, 2015
-Dear buhari!
Hope ur "PROMISES OF CHANGE" is not fast turning into "CHANGE OF PROMISES"?
#Fried kpof-kpof...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

South-east: Tension As MASSOB,IPOB ‘resume Protests Tomorrow’ / ICYMI: Presidency Releases More Photos Of Buhari In London / Buhari Administration Sets New Record, Releases N1 Trillion for Capital Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.