Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,253 members, 7,860,585 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:02 PM

Buhari Meets With Tunde Thompson, Journalist He Jailed 31 Years Ago - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets With Tunde Thompson, Journalist He Jailed 31 Years Ago (516 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / Buhari Meets Journalist He Jailed As Military Ruler / Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Meets With Tunde Thompson, Journalist He Jailed 31 Years Ago by teeebugs: 8:18am On May 06, 2015
It was a dramatic moment on Tuesday as the president-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), met with Mr. Tunde Thompson, one of the journalists he jailed under the Decree 4 in 1984 when he was a military Head of State.
Thompson, ironically was a member of the media team of the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign organisation that coordinated the media activities of Buhari in the just-concluded election.
The president-elect, while receiving the entire media team at the Defence House, Abuja, praised Thompson for rising above his jail experience to forgive and support him, adding that what happened under his military regime was one of the challenges of that period.
He commended members of his media team led by Malam Shehu Garba for running a very “decent media campaign” despite the vigorous hate campaigns mounted against him by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He was full of praises for the APC Presidential Campaign Media and Publicity members, saying they have reason to thank God and celebrate the success of the entire campaign.
“I want to commend you especially for two things. First, is the decent media campaign you conducted. Despite the PDP’s dirty tactics, you stayed focused on issues and avoided the temptation to sling mud.”
The president-elect particularly commended the Director of Media and Publicity, Shehu, for providing leadership that led to the success of his team.
“I thank you for your uncommon motivation to do the work. Despite the shoestring budget on which we ran our APC campaign, you did not allow the lack of adequate remuneration to stall the work at any point in time. You continued to give your best.”

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/05/buhari-meets-with-tunde-thompson-journalist-he-jailed-31-years-ago/
Re: Buhari Meets With Tunde Thompson, Journalist He Jailed 31 Years Ago by Mogidi: 8:20am On May 06, 2015
He's been meeting many of those he wrongly punished 30yrs ago, but what of those that died like Ambrose Ali and Ajasin?
How can he beg for their forgiveness?
Re: Buhari Meets With Tunde Thompson, Journalist He Jailed 31 Years Ago by jamex93(m): 8:25am On May 06, 2015
k
Re: Buhari Meets With Tunde Thompson, Journalist He Jailed 31 Years Ago by Nobody: 8:25am On May 06, 2015
Mogidi..u r daft
Re: Buhari Meets With Tunde Thompson, Journalist He Jailed 31 Years Ago by Mogidi: 8:27am On May 06, 2015
soe:
Mogidi..u r daft

Na lie o. my mama no go agree.
Re: Buhari Meets With Tunde Thompson, Journalist He Jailed 31 Years Ago by thaoriginator: 8:31am On May 06, 2015
Spaced booked!
Good morning Nairalanders.
Re: Buhari Meets With Tunde Thompson, Journalist He Jailed 31 Years Ago by Nobody: 8:31am On May 06, 2015
If he like let him go to the grave of all those people that died in 2011 due to his careless talk about the 2011 election result or better still come down to Enugu to meet the Owoh's family whom you killed their son with your promulgated Degree 4 junta law.. You will still be judged by your antecedents... Baba one chance just learn the law of serenity.. Ask God to grant you the serenity to accept the things you cannot change, the courage to change the things you can and the wisdom to know the difference... This is a piece of advice from an opposition member to you Baba one chance..

(1) (Reply)

The Cancer Eating Our Country / Why Canadians Don't Like Being Called Americans - Video / I Was Flown Out For Surgery During Campaigns –patience Jonathan Tells - See More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.