Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Pls Help With Naija Credit Card Info - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Help With Naija Credit Card Info (1351 Views)

Free Credit Card Generator And Script Rush In / How Can I Get A Credit Card? / How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help With Naija Credit Card Info by Afam4eva(m): 9:23pm On Feb 05, 2009
Pls can someone help me out with information concerning buying a credit card from a Nigerian bank. I went to make enquiries about getting a visa card at Access bank, since i could'nt get o send the payment to Host Gator via Western Union as i was told that money can't be sent from Nigeria. The price of the Visa card is OK, since, for example i don't have to pay 1000 naira to get a 5000 naira worth of credit card, but my fear is that the Card May not be accepted by Hostgator. Pls can anybody who has gotten a credit card from a nigerian bank tell me if it can be accpeted by a high profile company like "Host Gator".
Re: Pls Help With Naija Credit Card Info by astronp7(m): 1:18pm On Feb 11, 2009
My little experience debit (its not credit) cards from Nigerian banks was a complete waste. I wanted to get a $45 item I had to get $100 card for $125 (it was a no name embossed). After many attempts that was a failure, I had to withdraw just a fragment of the $100 at the ATM.

My loses did also included numerous calls to the customer care land lines and mails to the merchants. So I advice you find out from them if it can be accepted. My worry is that they will always claim its accepted everywhere.

You may even email the merchants, if you are ok with that.
Re: Pls Help With Naija Credit Card Info by astronp7(m): 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2009
But Afam, better still you can use Paypal, HostGator accepts it. I had a hosting with them sometime ago with that.

And for those who only see problem, please don't start the paypal not for Nigerians thing. I use, open and verify for others too. I even have site selling products with it.

It may be your best bet. You can perhaps try any other one that you can easily pay for that meets your website needs.

You wish to check this hosting package too.
Re: Pls Help With Naija Credit Card Info by kehers(m): 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2009
I run on GTB master card and so far I have not been disappointed. They claim to charge $100 to set it up but AFAI remember, the $100 was deposited there in the dom account for me to spend - I even paid it in after the account had been set up. That was o'er a year now though but I don't think nothing would have changed much. I use the card to make alot of payments online - hosting, domain reg, organizatn membership and so far it had not been declined for any "It is Nigerian, it is fake, blah blah blah" excuse.
Re: Pls Help With Naija Credit Card Info by yawatide(f): 4:29pm On Feb 11, 2009
I am not in Nigeria but I keep hearing of some card from zenith bank. What is that name again? WebSurfer? Could someone elaborate on this?

Thanks,
Re: Pls Help With Naija Credit Card Info by Afam4eva(m): 4:59pm On Feb 11, 2009
astronp7:

But Afam, better still you can use Paypal, HostGator accepts it. I had a hosting with them sometime ago with that.

And for those who only see problem, please don't start the paypal not for Nigerians thing. I use, open and verify for others too. I even have site selling products with it.

It may be your best bet. You can perhaps try any other one that you can easily pay for that meets your website needs.

You wish to check this hosting package too.

But u already know that paypal doesn't accept Nigerians.
Re: Pls Help With Naija Credit Card Info by virtualcards: 9:21pm On May 16, 2012
www.virtualcreditcards.dinstudio.com (online credit card you never touch)
VISA and MasterCard virtual prepaid credit cards, it is simple, instant, global solution for making and receiving online payments.

Accept Liberty Reserve

www.virtualcreditcards.dinstudio.com

(1) (Reply)

Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application / Flash Websites Are The Future. / Greeneagles.org, New Website, Please Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.