Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,454 members, 7,836,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders (8707 Views)

I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman / Why I Don't Believe He Is Dead (pic Inside) / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by innason(m): 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2009
If our Leaders who have access to Government are not responsible for the cankerworm in the society,then they still have the influence and power to set things right.If Yaradua would today with his fellow mates in his party turn arround today and decide to run a true transparent and straight to the point Government i assure you Nigeria would be Great.
The test of a true leader is being demonstrated in America where the coming of Obama is generating alot of waves not only in America but also in the World.Believe me leadership does count.Our leaders are without direction full stop.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by easyskills: 9:49am On Feb 27, 2009
A Chinese Proverb says Fish rottens from the head. Once our leaders are corrupt so will the downstream be. They have being reposed with public trust. Corruption means a total betrayal of Public Trusts. In Igbo tradition, a betrayal of public trust is likened to treason, and so such a man or woman does not not deserve life.

Like the Chinese, until we impose death penalty on corporate and public corruptions offenses, sanity cannot come into into polity, the urge to kill to be a "leader" will cease.

Corruption is the bane of development in Nigeria, and until we apply lethal treatment to it, we can not move any further than we are today, with all petro dollars, and our people still suffering in abject poverty, not because we are lazy but because of greed.

An for GOD sake, if they truly want to serve, why kill and destroy the people to get there.

The judgement day for corrupt leaders from 1904 is coming very soon, and there is no hiding place for the living and the dead. Please do know that there is no bad man who ever dies who can be honored with the title of an ancestor, its the few good ones that take that title, and they are in Heaven.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by lawwyblack(m): 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2009
TO SEE A GREATER NIGERIA EVEN IN OUR LIFETIME PLS VISIT http://greenwhitepolls.com/ UR OPINIONS IS ALL WE NEED TO MAKE NIGERIA BETTER.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by JenniferA: 9:41pm On Feb 27, 2009
Let me tell you something.
I'm from germany , and i want to say that i don't like the way, the people are treating you guys
The Nigerian leaders are so damn selfish and they are really trying to steal the country's money.
If i were one of those leaders, i would rebuild the whole country,
In my opinion i would completely change the rules.
Let me give you just some examples:
1. like i said i would rebuild the country, i would build new streets, new houses and apartments.shopping centers, better TV programs , the quality of those TV programs are very very poor, I sometimes watch AIT on satelitte it and when i see it , i always think, they are showing something that was filmed in 1920, And sometimes you can't hear anything , and when they are showing something live like the football games, its just sad how it looks like
2. I would build bigger schools, And i wouldn't collect money for that all unnecessary things, Just like in germany, everything is free, you don't have to pay for school detentions,
3. I don't know why the doctors want to collect some money before they treat someone. Thats the reason why a lot of people are dying because they don't have the money to pay, why can't they collect the money after the treatment, if they still don't have the money they can pay the bill by instalments, just like we do.
4. they should cancel all that juju things they are doing, This things ar just scary and it kills a lot of people, too
I just wanna say that the leaders have a lot of possibilities to chance Nigeria but they won't do it , its just sad
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2009
Jennifer A:

I'm from germany , and i want to say that i don't like the way, the people are treating you guys
The Nigerian leaders are so damn selfish and they are really trying to steal the country's money.
1. like i said i would rebuild the country, i would build new streets, new houses and apartments.shopping centers, better TV programs , the quality of those TV programs are very very poor, I sometimes watch AIT on satelitte it and when i see it , i always think, they are showing something that was filmed in 1920, And sometimes you can't hear anything , and when they are showing something live like the football games, its just sad how it looks like
2. I would build bigger schools, And i wouldn't collect money for that all unnecessary things, Just like in germany, everything is free, you don't have to pay for school detentions,
3. I don't know why the doctors want to collect some money before they treat someone. Thats the reason why a lot of people are dying because they don't have the money to pay, why can't they collect the money after the treatment, if they still don't have the money they can pay the bill by instalments, just like we do.
4. they should cancel all that juju things they are doing, This things ar just scary and it kills a lot of people, too
I just wanna say that the leaders have a lot of possibilities to chance Nigeria but they won't do it , its just sad

May I suggest that you stick to being a German please, lol
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2009
Jennifer A:

It sure pays to be a German. grin You can afford to dream.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Olizz: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2009
i believe the problem with nigeria lies with the citizens of nigeria themselves.blames should not be cast on the leaders alone but the citizens should endeavour to be law abiding and innovative.there is no captain without a team.the essence of team is to assist an energise the captain in times of difficulties.as a matter of fact nigerians should learn to work with thier leaders and not fold thier hands to criticise, olizz
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by londoner: 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2009
@ Jennifer A, you DO pay for things in Germany, its called TAX. Its just not paid for at point of service, but make no mistake you and every other working citizen of your country pays for it.

People keep saying it is just the leaders as if it follows on automatically to the citizens, look around you, there are other countries around us who have very corrupt leaders. Look at Mugabe in Zimbabwe, look at Sudan, Ivory Coast, Congo, Somalia, Rwanda etc.

Yet, if you look at the citizens of those countries, they are not necesarily known for having the bad traits of their leaders are they?.

Nigeria's case is otherwise why is that?

The people join with the corrupt practices and enlarge it. Its about time Nigerans take some personal responsibility for their current situation. You are grown adults who know right from wrong you are not children who cannot do right unless another human being show you how to first. When you do wrong, you know full well what you are doing. If not, then current corrupt leaders can also use the lame excuse that their predecessors set that example for them.
Its not good enough!

Nigerians need to grow up and stop lumping the responsibility for change on everyone else but himself as an individual. If it was merely the leaders who were corrupt, the daily lives of Nigerians would be very different to what it is today. If you are merely going to wait in vein for those who benefit from this current system to suddenly have a change of heart against their own pocket, you have a long wait and time would be better spent in accepting your fate, that would be more realistic.

While the government needs to do some changing, so do the citizens.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by abuja4real: 9:22am On Mar 05, 2009
THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA IS THIS
THE LEADERS OF YESTERDAY THAT SAID WE ARE THE LEADERS OF DAY ARE STILL THE LEADERS OF TODAY.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Luvsmi: 2:25pm On Mar 05, 2009
Both Nigerians and her leaders are the problem. We voted for and elected these men and women into office knowing fully well what they are, and now we are crying over them and its not as if, individually we are playing our own part to solve the problem. It's a vicious sysle tat has to be broken.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by abuja4real: 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2009

Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders
« #73 on: Today at 02:25:54 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Both Nigerians and her leaders are the problem. We voted for and elected these men and women into office knowing fully well what they are, and now we are crying over them and its not as if, individually we are playing our own part
to solve the problem. It's a vicious sysle tat has to be broken.

My dear who votes for who
ELCTION DO NOT TAKE PLACE IN NIGERIA, WHAT WE HAVE IS PLACEMENT
THE LEADERS OF YESTERDAY PLACE DEM ASS WHERE THEY WANT
NIGERIA IS THE BIGGEST JOKE EVER INVENTED
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by chidichris(m): 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2009
if one wants to define government as a machinary, it is a group of people who have the legal responsibilities of controlling a country, state or a group of people.
in this, they have the responsibilities of making laws, implimenting these laws as well as punishing law breakers.
the failure of nigeria now depends on these responsibilities of making laws, implimenting them and punishing law breakers.
in darfur, there is a break down in laws and orders. the president was not in the jungles to rape and abuse children but today, the world court in hague has issued a warrant of arrest for the president. why? because he failed in his duties to control and protect his people.
if any nigerian is misbahaving today, it is because, there are no laws, or the laws are not active or that the there are no punishments for offenders.
under normal circumastances, such govts are surposed to resign for failing in their duties.
in nigeria, during the obj admin, there were cases of declaration of states of emergency which means suspension of the state gov based on his inability to exercise his powers over his people - lost of control.
police ommissioners most times are suspended by the ig based on reasons of incapacitations especially whenever there is high rate of crime under his state and we all see them been replaced by a considered capable person.
our problems in nigeria starts with our leaders and if there will be a real solution, it must start from them.
if aso rock embrace sanity today, nigeria and nigerians will have no option than to embrace sanity.
the madness in aso rock which made yahoo boys(419) to serve jail terms of 100 years while our federal criminals like balogun served six months made nigeria a joke because china will jail a 419 2 years while a balogun will face death penalty so sanity remains a must.
it was that same madness that saw off intellectuals like okonjo iweala while high robbers like borrishade and tony annenih remain power brokers. what a shame.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by hellypelly(f): 3:52am On Mar 06, 2009
@ topic,
I didnt read tru the first post or any other posts, I stopped @ where U stated the problem lies within us and I completely agree with u, everybody cries for change but what exactly are we doing to bring about this change? we should all remember that before the leaders became who they are they wer once among us and are still among us, if every single person took it upon themselves to fight crruption who will be left on the corrupt side, unfortunately we live in a world where everything cant go the wya we planned, everyone cant be right we just have to weed out the bad ones one at a time, Nigeria should be waaay more developed with all our resources and wealth, but you see other African Countried progress faster than us, it really is sad *smh* ah well, life
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by chidichris(m): 9:24am On Mar 06, 2009
I didnt read tru the first post or any other posts, I stopped @ where U stated the problem lies within us and I completely agree with u, everybody cries for change but what exactly are we doing to bring about this change? we should all remember that before the leaders became who they are they wer once among us and are still among us, if every single person took it upon themselves to fight crruption who will be left on the corrupt side, unfortunately we live in a world where everything cant go the wya we planned, everyone cant be right we just have to weed out the bad ones one at a time, Nigeria should be waaay more developed with all our resources and wealth, but you see other African Countried progress faster than us, it really is sad *smh* ah well, life

@Hellypelly,
i don't mean to be disrespectful, but the truth of the matter is that u ended up saying nothing.
if everyone is sane and not corrupt, will there be any need for leaders?
from the bible days, there was room for leaders and the bible made us to understand that leaders must lead by example and in some other place, the bible made it open that a blind man can never lead a blind man as both will fail into a well and this is exactly what is happening in nigeria today.
corrupt ppl leading corrupt ppl.
laws are made to guide our actions and these laws are ordinary words hence it must be backed with action.
every car has a driver and then passangers so there is no room for everyone in a car to be a driver for a car to move freely.
the other african countries that u mentioned here, are there citizens not corrupt? other good countries of the world have corrupt citizens but good leaders.
iran is ready to have weapons of mass destruction today is not the decission of the citizens rather the leaders decissions so whatsoever the end will be, will be attached to the leaders.
if you hear on news that nigeria said, all of us did not say rather our leaders said that is why u as a person cannot be addressed as nigeria said whenever u make a comment.
it is believed that yar adua is representing us so whatsoever yar adua said will be addressed as nigeria said.
in ur constituency, someone is representing u and whatsoever decission he makes will be attached to u as a people because he is ur leader.
the decission by certain isreali leaders to withdrew from some parts of palistine was immediately reflected in their citizens actions to quit the areas and if any of their future leaders will decide otherwise, their citizens will have no choice.
the funny aspect of this arguement is that our leaders for once in any interview or whatsoever denied responsibilities to all these failures.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by abuja4real: 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2009
THE PROBLEM IS NOT LEADERSHIP, BUT WHO THE LEADERS ARE.
IN AFRICA OUR PROBLEM RIGHT ACROSS OUR SOCIETY IS THE ISSUE OF THOSE WHO LEAD,
PLEASE HEAR ME OUT OUR PROBLEM IS OUR CULTURE ,
THE CULTURE THAT SAYS IF AN ELDER IS WRONG WE PRETEND HE IS RIGHT,
I DO NOT ADVOCATE DISRESPECT, BUT HONESTY, AM NOI AGAIANST ELDERS. WE ALL WILL BE ONE DAY.
BUT WHEN I EARLIER SAID THE ISSUE WE HAVE IS THE LEADERS OF YESTERDAY, WHO WE SHOULD BE ADVICING THE YOUNG LEADERS NOT TO REPEAT THEIR MISTAKES ARE STILL MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES THEY MADE WHEN THE OYIBO LEFT IN 1960.
ONLY IN AFRICA DO YOU HAVE ELDERS FIGHTING BY ALL MEAN TO REMAIN IN POWER AND WHAT WE HAVE IS A FAILED SOCIETY AND OUR CULTURE STOPPED US FROM SAYING ANYTHING BECAUSE WE WILL BE SAID TO BE DISRESPECTFUL.
IS THERE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD THAT HAS A ELDER IN POWER AND THINGS ARE WORKING. ONLY ELDERS ARE DICTATORS. THAT MEANS THEY ARE TOO OLD TO TYPE![MAYBE ZIMBABWE, BENIN,SOMALIA,NIGERIA ]
RESPECT IS WHEN WE ARE BOLD ENEOGH TO TELL AN ELDER THAT HE IS NOT ABLE TO RUN AS FAST AS HE DID BEFORE,
IN NIGERIA WE HAVE CLOWNS THAT HAVE SWAPPED GREEN DRESSES FOR POLITICS ROBES.THEY HAVE STOLEN IN THE PAST AND WILL CONTINUE, THE YOUNG ONCES THAT ARE VERY RESPECTFULL ARE RUNNING THE ERRANDS OF STEALING CONTINUA LIKE IBORI AND LUCKY THE 2 MUSKETEES OF OLD BENDEL STATE ARE GOOD EXAMPLES.
MAYBE THE DAYS ARE HERE WHEN THE YOUTH WILL REALISE THAT THEIR FUTURE IS IN THEIR OWN HANDS.
NO NATION ON THE PLANET WAS CHANGED BY ELDERS.
BORROWING THE WORDS OF SCRIPTURE
No one puts new wine into an old skins, otherwise, the new wine will burst the skins, and itself will be poured out, and the skins will be destroyed;
But new wine is put into new skins , and both are preserved together;
And no one having drunk old wine, doth immediately wish new, for he saith, The old is better.

THE QUESTION THE YOUTHS IS NIGERIA SHOULD BE ASKING IS
IS THE OLD BETTER?
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 07, 2009
Are the leaders not Nigerians? of course Nigerians are to blame but selectively not collectively. When they send army to threaten people that are complaining of oil spillage, who's to blame for that? Nigerians collectively or Nigerians selectively? We have a problem and if the leaders lead a good life, citizens will follow. Imagine when Imam says "kill all the infidels" the followers of the Imam are willing to follow what the Imam says. But if the Imam says "show love to the infidels", the followers will still be willing to follow. Is that a good analogy? anyway, the problem is from the top.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Kobojunkie: 12:13am On Mar 07, 2009
9jaganja:

Are the leaders not Nigerians? of course Nigerians are to blame but selectively not collectively. When they send army to threaten people that are complaining of oil spillage, who's to blame for that? Nigerians collectively or Nigerians selectively? We have a problem and if the leaders lead a good life, citizens will follow. Imagine when Imam says "kill all the infidels" the followers of the Imam are willing to follow what the Imam says. But if the Imam says "show love to the infidels", the followers will still be willing to follow. Is that a good analogy? anyway, the problem is from the top.
Interesting!!! So in essence, you are saying Nigerians are too stupid and gullible to do better of their own? I mean if you believe that the reasoning of the majority is controlled by the corrupt ruling minority, then it goes to say that you believe Nigerians are a stupid bunch; unintelligent animals, kind of the same conclusion James Watson came to last year , right? Because that is the only way you can justify the statements you make above. That imams control the minds of the people with his words and the leaders in Nigeria do same, means the leaders are to blame? That sort of tells me that you do not believe Nigerians are intelligent enough to plot their own individual destiny as a people, hence lending a strong backing to what James Watson said.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 07, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Interesting!!! So in essence, you are saying Nigerians are too stupid and gullible to do better of their own? I mean if you believe that the reasoning of the majority is controlled by the corrupt ruling minority, then it goes to say that you believe Nigerians are a stupid bunch; unintelligent animals, kind of the same conclusion James Watson came to last year , right? Because that is the only way you can justify the statements you make above. That imams control the minds of the people with his words and the leaders in Nigeria do same, means the leaders are to blame? That sort of tells me that you do not believe Nigerians are intelligent enough to plot their own individual destiny as a people, hence lending a strong backing to what James Watson said.

Of course Nigerians are gullible collectively. But there are a few ones who think outside the box though.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Kobojunkie: 12:26am On Mar 07, 2009
oh!! Ok. I had to ask and I am glad you at least accept the meaning of your statement.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by chidichris(m): 10:36am On Mar 07, 2009
Kobojunkie,
facts and figures are in important in debates or arguements.

i have pointed to the facts that leaders are responsible for the actions of their citizens and i have referred you to the latest warrant of arrest issued by the world criminal court over the darfur crimes.
i have told you that policies are guide on which a particular govt in power pilots the affairs of a country which in turns enjoy responses from both within and outside and i referred you to bush's foreign policies and its implications to america and her economy.
i have asked you questions over ghana. the same citizens who lived in ghana when ghanians were facing hardship are still the same citizens that are living there today that ghana is enjoying good life and the only change that occurred in ghana is leadership.
what do u think about the electoral reforms about to take place under yar adua? if the reforms are made, implimented and offenders well punished, do u think it will not be a way forward.
it is important u watch tv programmes where most of these leaders and intending leaders are invited, they accept these blames and their campaigns most times are changes which they do not live up to.
obama campaigned for change and the change is not in the citizens rather in the leadership.
quoting watson or other theories without making references to situations on ground will never match the topic.
if you can mention the problems of nigeria, relate them to the leaders and citizens then u will have a better understanding of this topic.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Kobojunkie: 11:14am On Mar 07, 2009
@ chidichris, I am not entirely convinced that you understand the implications of the argument you have made so far.  I actually believe that you somehow  think you have produced facts and the best defence for your side with all you have posted so far, when in reality, all you have done is produce one shaky excuse after another for why one should subscribe to your logic even when it is clearly irrational. 

You have so far been telling us that the leaders are to blame and that the reason why Nigerians are bad is because the leaders are bad. This implies that you do not think the average Nigerian intelligent enough to make a decision to do right and not wrong, and in so doing, you endorse James Watsons view. Now if that is the case, I can understand your argument but you seem instead to want to weave back and forth trying to make some connection that does not exist, in your statements.  Personally, you are not making sense in your reasoning and the many analogies you have used so far have failed to produce a reasonable connection till now. Why not just accept I will never see it as you do and we can call it a day.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by slimes(m): 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2009
Think positively and you will on the long run achieve best results. Nigeria is just 45+ and we're complaining. America had worse times than us (we have failed to take note) during their 40+ years. We should think positively if we need a better change.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by ajiriavae(f): 9:33pm On Mar 07, 2009
@ poster,
you spoke my mind in your first post. its good to know at least someone else sees my point of view.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Moonstone(f): 10:02pm On Mar 07, 2009
I cannot agree to such a statement.
The problem of this whole thing started long ago with the way the British people invaded our country. Yes Leaders are a part of the problem and yes so are the people. i refuse to point fingers at one group of people and blame them for what all of us have uniquely caused hand-in-hand. At this minute, both the leaders and the people are to blame thought majority of the blame goes to the leaders.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by asha80(m): 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2009
Nigerian leaders behave the way they do because like the average nigerian they see nigeria as a landscape to make money from and not a country to render service to.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by abuja4real: 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2009
NA UNA SABI
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2009
slimes:

Think positively and you will on the long run achieve best results. Nigeria is just 45+ and we're complaining. America had worse times than us (we have failed to take note) during their 40+ years. We should think positively if we need a better change.

Please tell us when exactly America dealt with anything close to what we are dealing with today in Nigeria.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by MrCrackles(m): 4:45pm On Mar 10, 2009
TOPIC

I dont agree with it!

The root of Nigeria's problems can be traced to Nigerians themselves and it's leaders both past as well as present!
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by BigB11(m): 7:11pm On Mar 10, 2009
There isn't anything more foolish than bunch of greedy dolts leading bunch of coward/ sappy citizens. This combination would have been perfect if our goal was for Nigeria to remain stationary (retarded) till the end of time.

Leaders will only do what the citizens allow them to do; till the citizens become brave enough to clearly understand this fact, things in Nigeria will not change for better.

Leaders have not been challenged by the citizens; what we've been witnessing so far is leaders challenging leaders (is the same as thieves challenging thieves); what exactly do you expect to come out of this type of challenge?
Nigerian citizens will witness enormous improvement as soon as they acquire the balls to directly challenge the leaders.

Therefore, problem with Nigeria is absolutely not only the leaders; the citizens (the same group where the leaders originate from) have a lot to do with the problem.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2009
Bad leadership + Bad followership = Current state of Nigeria.
If your leaders are bad, challenge them
If they don't change, remove them
If they refuse to be removed, take up arms!!!
Nigeria is the way it is because we the followers are all COWARDS!!! (The rest na grammar)
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by chidichris(m): 8:35am On Mar 14, 2009
@ chidichris, I am not entirely convinced that you understand the implications of the argument you have made so far. I actually believe that you somehow think you have produced facts and the best defence for your side with all you have posted so far, when in reality, all you have done is produce one shaky excuse after another for why one should subscribe to your logic even when it is clearly irrational.

You have so far been telling us that the leaders are to blame and that the reason why Nigerians are bad is because the leaders are bad. This implies that you do not think the average Nigerian intelligent enough to make a decision to do right and not wrong, and in so doing, you endorse James Watsons view. Now if that is the case, I can understand your argument but you seem instead to want to weave back and forth trying to make some connection that does not exist, in your statements. Personally, you are not making sense in your reasoning and the many analogies you have used so far have failed to produce a reasonable connection till now. Why not just accept I will never see it as you do and we can call it a day.

@kobojunkie,
thanks for reminding me of how irrational i am.

@topic,
can anyone here tell me why govt change policies and laws. nigeria and nigerians are seriously agitating for changes in our constitution especially electorial laws and this is so because what we have here have failed us.
the govt itself is aware of the fialures in their policies and action hence they are ready to embark on changes and i hope am not irrational here.

human beings from time are law breakers and the urge to sin is inborn hence the need to leaders to monitor the affairs of others. in every football team, there is always a coach to say who plays where and how and at the end of the day, failures of the teams are blamed on the team coaches - hope this is not irrational.

why is this impeachment saga here and there nothing but failures.

everywhere in the world, there are offenders and what matters most is the govt's reaction to offences. using china as a case study, death penalty is the punishment for public office holders who loot govt funds as against a one month jail term in nigeria so we know the differences.

lagos today is reacting differently to the act of trafic offences. it is either u follow the laws or pay from your ass. imagine paying a N250,000 for one way driving coupled with a madness text.

we all know how that is affecting our roads.

laws are ordinary when there is no power to back it up.

today in lagos more people are paying their taxes under fashola than the previous administrations just because of how he positioned the govt on the issues.

on the other hand, nigeria is not democartic enough that protest will yield the results it yield in the western world. the human right situation will not protect the death of protesters.
nobody has said anything till date on the odi massacre of 1999 by obj administration and it is not like that in the western world.

the failure of third term agenda was not necessarily because of the involvement of the masses rather because of inordinate ambitions among the leaders eg atiku struggling to replace obj. it was a case of a house divided against itself.

in other parts of the world, the govt will listen to such forums as nairaland. they will pay attention to the contributions of the people via all the media houses on public issues.

people shld learn to give points on topics rather than insults and that is why i said nairaland is just like nigeria. we lack directors. somebody is surposed to be on hand to direct little minds on what a debate is supposed to be. might anything happen to this forum tomorrow, the leaders of this forum shld be ready to accept the blames.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by jamace(m): 2:51pm On Mar 14, 2009
Good leadership produces good followership which directly leads to a good country.
Bad leadership produces bad followership which directly leads to a bad country,

Now, If Nigeria as a country is bad, where do you think the rot started from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria / These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - Autoreportng / Power Producers Sell ₦294.16 Billion Electricity In Five Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.