Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew (23405 Views)

Davido Hangs Out With Usher Raymond And His Crew / Davido And His Crew Sleeping In A Car As They Travel To Ekiti (Pics, Video) / Davido And His Crew...smoke Cigars! (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Tobilastik(m): 9:31pm On May 06, 2015
McLove:
YOU GOT A MAIL
checked nd replied
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by rabbuy(m): 9:32pm On May 06, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
I found myself reading an email from one DJ signature at the end. An invitation for me to call the number attached and meet the person at MMA2 on Friday.

I had no idea who DJ was but the email was full of unwritten promises.
Could it be one of those popular Nigerian DJ's? Could it be from Billionaire Alakija's DJ son? I pondered.
Friday was in a few days time and there was no way I was going to let my curiosity compound my insomnia issues. I picked up my phone and dialled the number attached.

"Please you just emailed Naijasinglegirl. May I know who DJ is?"

His laughter was hoarse.

"Is this your number?" He asked.

This was a voice I could swear I have heard a couple of times but I couldn't place it, not with the tension that was threatening to heat my blood.

"Yes, it is my number." I said.

"See you on Friday then. Its Don Jazzy."

The line went dead immediately.

My screams of joy reverberated the entire neighbourhood. I couldn't trust any soul to tell the good news before they alerted bad spirits.

It took that email for me to realise I have been crushing on Don Jazzy since 2007. LoL

On a second thought, I wondered what he had to offer an amateur blogger like me. Perhaps, a music deal? God know I can't sing outside the confines of my bathroom.

Would I be contracted to write 'humour' lyrics for the mavin crew? Oh boy!

Whatever he had in mind, I intended to keep a 2-step pace. I first of all crammed the lyrics of dorobucci in the event he asks me PAST QUESTIONS from the song. Then I read every article on Don Jazzy on the internet and his tweets of the past 20 days.
During the days leading to Friday. I went on a special fruits diet. I wouldn't let the sun touch me. All I did was grin in front of my rickety looking AC from dawn to dusk.

Friday afternoon, I packed some of my clothes, my toothbrush and other essentials into a small travelling bag, after all, we were to meet at an International Airport. Like I said earlier, I was armed for whatever this meeting would bring. If it was going to take me to vegas on a private jet that night, thisgirl was ever ready to kiss Naija and all her sufferings goodbye.

I preened at my reflection in the mirror for the 5th time. I had reasons to wear my 2014 Christmas clothes in advance and my neck was adorned with my Balogun market cheap bling blings.

If I were a guy, I would have surely wore a magnetic earring and a head warmer.

Whenever you are called to dine with stars, you gotta dress like one. (Awilo Logomba, 2002)

I was probably the only one in Lagos taking a molue to International Airport but I cared less. We were along Opebi Roundabout when I noticed a destiny altering traffic had built up. I jumped out the molue with my small travelling bag, indecisive on the next call of action until I found an aboki speeding towards me on his okada. Need I say what happened next?

Arriving at MMA2 on an okada with a fast&furious aboki rider was a small sacrifice to pay for the good fortune I was expecting.

It was one long walk from where the okada parked to the entrance of the departure lounge. I called Don Jazzy on phone and he humbly came out to pick me.

"You made it just in time. Come meet my friends." He said while he flashed me a 'rich people' smile.

Seated on a table were Muna, Lynxx and the entire Mavin crew except for Tiwa. All of us had one thing in common.
Bling Blings!

The crew had a flight to catch to UK for a tour and I kept mute when Dr Sid asked why I came out with a travelling bag.

Tension gripped me in my seat.

"Relax. None of us are cannibals." Don Jazzy cheered me.

The others looked at me and smiled.

"I'm thinking of what to do for you." Jazzy said.

"Michael, give me her website address again." Muna said as she pulled out a macbook pro from her bag.

Silence hung in the air for a while until Muna grimaced and said,

"This post you wrote about natural hair is offensive! I've been wearing natural hair for a year and I feel insulted reading this trash!"

I ignored her.

"Let me read it." Lynxx said.

He collected the PC and moped at me for a seconds.

"Naija Single Girl? Wait a minute. Are you not the girl that tweeted I look like a generator. You think we celebrities don't read these things?"

"I was only kidding." I said defensively.

"Haba, make una free my guest na." Don Jazzy tried to pacify his angry colleagues.

"And you were kidding when you wrote that nonsense about Nigerian artistes too right?" Korede Bello said in an angry baby like voice. "You think I don't know that your blog?"

The smile from Don Jazzy face disappeared.

He lifted his walking stick high as though he wanted to hit me with it. "Pleaseeeeeeeee . . ." I pleaded.

"How many cups of garri do I make for you?" my sister said.

My sister?

A hand tugged me and I opened my eyes to find my sister holding a spatula in the air.

It was a Saturday afternoon dream no thanks to the appetiser tonic that has been making me sleep stupidly.

Like I mentioned on my twitter last weekend, I have been having dreams of late where I find myself among 'big people'. It's a good sign, a very promising sign.

Fingers are crossed.

culled from http://www.naijasinglegirl.com

Nawa oh @capitalized
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by pamcode(m): 9:37pm On May 06, 2015
keep it up girl and very soon linda ikeji would be dying to av ur personal no.
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by chikzyet(f): 10:04pm On May 06, 2015
shocked : shocked i shocked was like
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Naijasinglegirl: 10:06pm On May 06, 2015
drnairalov:

you tried....but try and be original... sweardown immediately I nd mekybliss started reading this, I (we) immediately knew the ending was a dream.. I fast forwarded to the ending and I was correct.

I read a well crafted story of a blogger of how he came to lagos with a nylon bag and became rich thru his tweets.. I think he was the first to do that.. it was a nice story and I was glued until he said d dream part.

ur story is a fragment of it.. I can swear that u read dat blogger story, I wud search 4 it, if I see am I go paste am here

all d same nice try* just be more imaginative
What the hell are you talking about?

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Naijasinglegirl: 10:07pm On May 06, 2015
Allureoftheseas:

Ans who told you seeing yourself among big people is a promising sign? If only you knew the meaning of such dreams.
Tell us Mr Joseph
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Naijasinglegirl: 10:09pm On May 06, 2015
tammyboy1:
Funny,mine was phyno and olamide,last week,wizkid and iceprince, smtn tells me am a star already,watch out for me
Yep.
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Naijasinglegirl: 10:11pm On May 06, 2015
dominique:
NSG never disappoints grin. It's high time I bookmarked that blog of yours
what have you been waiting for?
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Naijasinglegirl: 10:12pm On May 06, 2015
Boc4real:
I know it's naijasinglegirl... merely reading the topic!! You're gifted!
lol
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Naijasinglegirl: 10:15pm On May 06, 2015
exthar87:
Nice one..i really love your blog..
it loves you too
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Legendoscar2: 10:16pm On May 06, 2015
You're good. I think there's more in you than you know.
You kept me riveted till the end.....and that hardly happens to me..
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Naijasinglegirl: 10:17pm On May 06, 2015
bisous:
Am sure you get this all the time, but I'd reiterate it.....you are a fabulous writer
thank you
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by olenime(m): 10:33pm On May 06, 2015
Chai? Dream? U need serz cane! Lol... Nice1, jst kip doing what u enjoy doing, veri soon, those dreamz of urs will come reality, then u will meet me as well...
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 06, 2015
I want to commend you for your writing prowess,I wouldn't have read it if not that you kept me in suspense till I finish reading it.
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Situation001(m): 10:51pm On May 06, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
I found myself reading an email from one DJ signature at the end. An invitation for me to call the number attached and meet the person at MMA2 on Friday.

Could it be one of those popular Nigerian DJ's? Could it be from Billionaire Alakija's DJ son? I pondered.
Friday was in a few days time and there was no way I was going to let my curiosity compound my insomnia issues. I picked up my phone and dialled the number attached.

His laughter was hoarse.

This was a voice I could swear I have heard a couple of times but I couldn't place it, not with the tension that was threatening to heat my blood.

My screams of joy reverberated the entire neighbourhood. I couldn't trust any soul to tell the good news before they alerted bad spirits.

It took that email for me to realise I have been crushing on Don Jazzy since 2007. LoL

On a second thought, I wondered what he had to offer an amateur blogger like me. Perhaps, a music deal? God know I can't sing outside the confines of my bathroom.

Whatever he had in mind, I intended to keep a 2-step pace. I first of all crammed the lyrics of dorobucci in the event he asks me past questions from the song. Then I read every article on Don Jazzy on the internet and his tweets of the past 20 days.
During the days leading to Friday. I went on a special fruits diet. I wouldn't let the sun touch me. All I did was grin in front of my rickety looking AC from dawn to dusk.

Friday afternoon, I packed some of my clothes, my toothbrush and other essentials into a small travelling bag, after all, we were to meet at an International Airport. Like I said earlier, I was armed for whatever this meeting would bring. If it was going to take me to vegas on a private jet that night, thisgirl was ever ready to kiss Naija and all her sufferings goodbye.

I preened at my reflection in the mirror for the 5th time. I had reasons to wear my 2014 Christmas clothes in advance and my neck was adorned with my Balogun market cheap bling blings.

Whenever you are called to dine with stars, you gotta dress like one. (Awilo Logomba, 2002)

I was probably the only one in Lagos taking a molue to International Airport but I cared less. We were along Opebi Roundabout when I noticed a destiny altering traffic had built up. I jumped out the molue with my small travelling bag, indecisive on the next call of action until I found an aboki speeding towards me on his okada. Need I say what happened next?

Arriving at MMA2 on an okada with a fast&furious aboki rider was a small sacrifice to pay for the good fortune I was expecting.

It was one long walk from where the okada parked to the entrance of the departure lounge. I called Don Jazzy on phone and he humbly came out to pick me.

"You made it just in time. Come meet my friends." He said while he flashed me a 'rich people' smile.

Seated on a table were Muna, Lynxx and the entire Mavin crew except for Tiwa. All of us had one thing in common.
Bling Blings!

The crew had a flight to catch to UK for a tour and I kept mute when Dr Sid asked why I came out with a travelling bag.

"Michael, give me her website address again." Muna said as she pulled out a macbook pro from her bag.

"This post you wrote about natural hair is offensive! I've been wearing natural hair for a year and I feel insulted reading this trash!"

I ignored her.

"Naija Single Girl? Wait a minute. Are you not the girl that tweeted I look like a generator. You think we celebrities don't read these things?"

"Haba, make una free my guest na." Don Jazzy tried to pacify his angry colleagues.

"And you were kidding when you wrote that nonsense about Nigerian artistes too right?" Korede Bello said in an angry baby like voice. "You think I don't know that your blog?"

He lifted his walking stick high as though he wanted to hit me with it. "Pleaseeeeeeeee . . ." I pleaded.

My sister?

A hand tugged me and I opened my eyes to find my sister holding a spatula in the air.

It was a Saturday afternoon dream no thanks to the appetiser tonic that has been making me sleep stupidly.

Like I mentioned on my twitter last weekend, I have been having dreams of late where I find myself among 'big people'. It's a good sign, a very promising sign.

Fingers are crossed.

Hope say u no dey get malaria grin grin
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by tsalmjohn(m): 11:04pm On May 06, 2015
Congrat.....i see traffic oyaa start checking out dat site.
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by player007(m): 11:06pm On May 06, 2015
Thank God its a dream. Was begging to wonder when Mavin signed lynx and Muna.
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Bowaley17(m): 11:28pm On May 06, 2015
Lol
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by olu77(m): 11:34pm On May 06, 2015
Very nice sister. smiley keep writing
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by bamite(m): 12:09am On May 07, 2015
HonourablePomk:
And so?
You obviously didnt go through the write up..
Learn to read my broda, it will help you
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by HonourablePomk: 12:49am On May 07, 2015
bamite:
You obviously didnt go through the write up..
Learn to read my broda, it will help you

And also learn people reply from different perspective it was all a dream. It will help you
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by tottinova: 12:51am On May 07, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:

His laughter was hoarse.

Whatever he had in mind, I intended to keep a 2-step pace. I first of all crammed the lyrics of dorobucci in the event he asks me past questions from the song. Then I read every article on Don Jazzy on the internet and his tweets of the past 20 days.

Bling Blings!

I ignored her.

My sister?

Fingers are crossed.

funny
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Jummyjagz(f): 1:29am On May 07, 2015
OMG
lwkmh
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by beegurl(f): 6:54am On May 07, 2015
Omg... Lol to how many cups of garri shld I make for u. NSG the dreamer, the future is bright
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Allureoftheseas(m): 7:17am On May 07, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
Tell us Mr Joseph
funny.
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by olareed(m): 7:49am On May 07, 2015
Waiting for a ship at the airport...NSG be dreaming...wake up and move to a seaport!...
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by essencestore: 9:05am On May 07, 2015
I Knew It was all a dream, when u typed "Molue in Ikeja" smiley

1 Like

Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by lloydpras: 9:12am On May 07, 2015
Loool
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by medexico(m): 11:40am On May 07, 2015
You are a good writer, I like you
You had me going
I was compelled to read it to the end even though
at a point before the dream part, I had guessed it would be a dream but all in all your writing is captivating.
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by drnairalov: 12:36pm On May 07, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
What the hell are you talking about?

no be fight
Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 07, 2015
Twaci:
Dreams do come true sha! LOL!
twaci ure very beautiful, as im single now i hope u will feel d space in my heart.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Almost Met Don Jazzy And His Crew by lampardizik(m): 4:31pm On May 07, 2015
ALMOST gringringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rukky Sanda With Ebube Nwagbo In Lovely Photo / Download MP3 Pop Smoke Ft. 50 Cent & Roddy Ricch – The Woo / Tiwa Savage & Teebillz To Marry In November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.