Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules (916 Views)

Rivers: APC Govt Using Army, SARS Personnel To Hijack Election Materials – Wike / Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS / Nima Elbagir Enters Sambisa Forest With The Aid Of Security Personnel. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by dadaojames(m): 7:52pm On May 06, 2015
In what appears an unusual step to demonstrate his leadership style, the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, has instructed police and military security personnel attached to him to respect traffic regulations during his movements.
In a statement released by his media team in Abuja, Mr. Buhari said respect for the law would be the guiding philosophy of his administration, adding, “without leadership by example, the ordinary citizens would become copycats of the lawlessness of their leaders”.
The President-elect explained that the “arrogance of power, lawlessness and disregard for the rights and convenience of fellow citizens would have no place in his government”.
According to him, for leaders to inspire respect, they must obey the laws of country, adding that when leaders treat the country’s laws with contempt, they might send the wrong message to the citizens.
Mr. Buhari deployed the situation where fellow citizens are punished at traffic points and public roads because of the “arrogant lawlessness of the leaders”.
He said in a democracy, leaders should not inflict inconveniences and other unbearable ordeals on citizens for their own comfort.
The President-elect advised his military and police security personnel to be in tune with his philosophy of “bringing the rule of law in the conduct of leaders during their movements on public roads.”

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/182530-buhari-orders-own-aides-security-personnel-to-obey-traffic-rules.html
Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by Bevista: 7:52pm On May 06, 2015
According to him, for leaders to inspire respect, they must obey the laws of country, adding that when leaders treat the country’s laws with contempt, they might send the wrong message to the citizens.
A true Leader/General - Leading from the front. Finally, some semblance of sanity and discipline is about to be restored to the society. A New Order is indeed upon us.

God bless GMB.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by midolian(m): 7:55pm On May 06, 2015
Now, that's a leader. A disciplined leader. If this happened during campaign, the badbelles would say its all make believe.

Buhari is a true leader.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by socialmediaman: 7:55pm On May 06, 2015
Nice move! This general is so loved by many, except those addicted to criminality tongue tongue tongue
Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by Igwe9(m): 7:55pm On May 06, 2015
Even before he was voted in, we knew he was gonna be like this but was only concerned about his allies, anyways, may God give him the strength and wisdom to deliver on his promises.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by temitemi1(m): 8:03pm On May 06, 2015
Those promises u made during ur campaign is all we need n nt u turning urself to traffic warder! GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 06, 2015
temitemi1:
Those promises u made during ur campaign is all we need n nt u turning urself to traffic warder! GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
A random experiment is an experiment in which the outcome is not certain.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by EdCure: 8:09pm On May 06, 2015
Not like Jonathan and his wife who close whole cities when they visit.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by jfking2005(m): 8:10pm On May 06, 2015
temitemi1:
You need to learn how to forgive and let go. I knew it hurt to loose but learn to move and stop expressing your frustration on every post

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by Bunker1(m): 8:11pm On May 06, 2015
forget that thing...nobi for 29th May, and he's almost late for...make I hear
Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by jlinkd78(m): 8:13pm On May 06, 2015
Just a great way to start. Great news. Leading by example is d only practical way dat ll show all dat executive impunity n lawlesslessness is over and d restoration of discipline in sight.
Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by theV0ice: 8:13pm On May 06, 2015
That's my GMB.

I'm not surprised at all....
Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 06, 2015
Aha
Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 06, 2015
Leadership by example.

What we need in Nigeria is transparent leadership.

**We(Nigeria) Are moving Somewhere**
Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by kuuljay(m): 8:30pm On May 06, 2015
how can a presidential arcade obey traffic rules.baba you are not in touch oo.even before you arrive police go if possible switch off the traffic light sef.
Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 06, 2015
"When the righteous rule, the people rejoiceth"..... So says the bible.....

May God grant the incoming president the wisdom to govern and lead this nation to greater heights.....
Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by doctokwus: 10:12pm On May 06, 2015
Everyday one's heart is lifted that majority of Nigerians defied the imaginations crafted by d evil party to elect this man.
His mien,presence,actions and statements alone gives one high hopes that despite and inspite of d despair and darkness created by 6years of the rule of the fisherman and 5 other presidents,this nation might be great again.
God bless and continue to guide u,GMB.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Own Aides, Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules by Iamoilprince(m): 10:24pm On May 06, 2015
Nice one baba! Pls dnt forget to jail minister of petroleum n finance for me. Thanks in anticipation. Cant wait for may 29

(1) (Reply)

SENATOR Danladi SANKARA (PDP) Jigawa North Gumel/mai Gatari Is The Best In 2014. / Man & Lady Trekking For GEJ Get New Female Partner (photos) / Is TB Joshua Nigeria's MOST FAMOUS Citizen???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.