Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up (1746 Views)

Woman Burnt By Fire While Helping Her Blind Husband In Benue (Viewers Discretion / MY experience: Helping to Have A Good Death. / If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up by maigida231(m): 2:06am On May 07, 2015
Started my day with load of files on my desk because I was posted to a new office since 2010 of field operation in borno state and was incharge,needed to clear my desk by 7.30pm it was done,I was so hungry that I went to eat in a eatery,after making my orders about to go behold I saw my secondary school mate,omo started misbehaving cause has been long we saw each other,we got a table to sit and I approach to make his own order so that we could eat bt he decline my request and told me he works here,I wasn't comfortable eating and him staring at me before I could standup to make is order by force,he was called then I was surprise to see him parking the dirty plates on tables and cleaning the table after he finish came to meet me and I took the fork and gave him the spoon n force him to eat with me from same plate like old times,he was so happy n told me what my fellow mates did to him by looking down on him and even laffing @ him,he was bitter,so I stay with him till the closed by helping him to park plates and him cleaning the table even with my uniform on.
Feel so good of memories I had back then with my secondary school mates always on adventures of different phases some were funny and some were stupid cause we were always on the run from seniors and staffs cause sometimes you don't find trouble but trouble finds you,all you have to do is either you run,hide or face the ugly storm that awaits you,we all look after each others,share same pains,endurance,encourage each others to be at the end of the road and finally we finish skul and things change because we had to go our different path that was set to us by God.
Some of us made it fast,while some made it slow and some of us were not even on the lane,all that matters now is based on someone status,the working class status,unemploy status,student status and school seeker,we all roll now based on our status in society and forgot how we were our brothers keeper,now some of us look down on our fellow guys because you have a better status than that person but Don't get so drunk in your achievements and begin to see or define people by their challenges or disadvantages....These tables turn!,you might wear that same person shoe the nxt day.
Life is base on challenges,struggles and battle,if you are having any challenges in life getup,standup and face it(Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do)cause surely u will definitely succeed than have selfpity,blaming God and comparing yourself to other,most of it losing hope and faith in yourself,you endup comparing others to you Isn't that what happens in life when we focus on competing with co-workers, neighbors, friends, family, trying to outdo them or trying to prove that we are more successful or more important? We spend our time and energy running after them and we miss out on our own paths to our God given destinies. The problem with unhealthy competition is that its a never ending cycle.
There will always be somebody ahead of you, someone with better job, nicer car, more money in the bank, more education, a prettier wife, a more handsome husband, better behaved children, etc. But realize that "You can be the best that you can be, you are not competing with no one." Some people are insecure because they pay too much attention 2 what others are doing, where others are going, wearing & driving. Take what God has given you, the height, weight & personality. Dress well & wear it proudly! You 'll be blessed by it.
Stay focused and live a healthy life
God time is the best.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up by Noloss(f): 2:59am On May 07, 2015
Hmmm, true talk. How. I pray that human realise that there is nothing we have that we are not given us by God. If we are thoughtful most times we'll not be egocentric but we'll realise that some of those old mates or street awkwers could have been better than us if they had the same priviledges, opportunities and financial backing we had.

This is one of d topic that shd make front page. So educative.
Re: Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up by adewaletb3(m): 6:18am On May 07, 2015
This is so true
Re: Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up by Nobody: 6:49am On May 07, 2015
smiley
Re: Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up by eleojo23: 7:08am On May 07, 2015
@topic. Very valid points.
Re: Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up by maigida231(m): 7:15am On May 07, 2015
@ eleojo23,thank you sir.have a niceday.
Re: Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up by eleojo23: 7:21am On May 07, 2015
maigida231:
@ eleojo23,thank you sir.have a niceday.
You're welcome.
Re: Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up by Captain1Nigeria(m): 7:36am On May 07, 2015
Oga sir,true talk,most of us are just after trying to be more successful than our friends,even do the worst of looking down because their status in the society is backward, instead we should rise them up we let them fall, instead we should encourage them we avoid them because they don't have anything to offer us. Gone are those days that what matter to us is girls,play football,play game and yab ourselves without fighting but we all care about just one thing now,making the money. I wish we could act lyk old days,nothing matter just friendship and loyalty,big bro is not everybody will do what you it to your secondary school mate,you help him to park plates even with your big rank and big status in the society.oga sir,your too much I salute you.
Re: Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up by KanwuliaJara: 7:59am On May 07, 2015
I have never had such a problem and NEVER will.
Hallelujah!
I be my papa pikin gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!! cool
Re: Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up by maigida231(m): 6:58pm On May 09, 2015
Captain1Nigeria:
Oga sir,true talk,most of us are just after trying to be more successful than our friends,even do the worst of looking down because their status in the society is backward, instead we should rise them up we let them fall, instead we should encourage them we avoid them because they don't have anything to offer us. Gone are those days that what matter to us is girls,play football,play game and yab ourselves without fighting but we all care about just one thing now,making the money.
I wish we could act lyk old days,nothing matter just friendship and loyalty,big bro is not everybody will do what you it to your secondary school mate,you help him to park plates even with your big rank and big status in the society.oga sir,your too much I salute you.
which kind big rank again,hope your fine ko.
Re: Never Look Down On Anybody Unless You're Helping Them Up by gidjah(m): 9:50pm On May 09, 2015
Recall wen I use to be in Command day second sch in the early 90's, you gat to be strong to keep the fire on, that was the same spirit. That keeps me on till date, my friends will always be my covering garments,truely miss most of them.but I will never look down on any one not even my juniors in the profession, they are my shinning stars, I might not be there today, but I promise I shall always do them right that come my way.Ahua!!!,i am Ever Gallant!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Men! What Will You Do If Your Father Inlaw Slaps You? / (Pics) Indian Boy, Seven, Is Forced To Marry A DOG To Ward Off Evil Spirits. / Best Market In Abuja For Wholesale Shopping.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.