Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation (24872 Views)

Valentine: Ugandan Pastor Kisses His Wife In Front Of Congregation. PICS / How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by onismate: 9:53am On May 07, 2015
It was a great sad moment for me. I woke up this particular Sunday thinking about how my life is. It was a new week and I could barely afford N100. I have to go to school that week, feed myself and so many expenses. I don’t even know how to do it. But I believed on God to help me.

I dressed up for church without offering money. And we were having a thanksgiving program in my church. I got the church; the usher didn’t even do me well by taking me to the extreme front seat, just close to the pulpit. And I no come get offering money. I imagined how it will look like if they say, “bring out your money for offering.” And they don’t use envelop in this church to say I could just drop and empty envelop without any body knowing. This one, you have to raise your money up for people to see. And if I say make I comot for that front seat, it will look as if am disobeying the usher. And the pastors they alter dey look. My plan was that when it comes to offering time, I will walk out of the church.

The praise and worship came and went by. It was time for sermon and it was the invited pastor. And it was a very popular man of God I had been hearing about. It was a pleasure seeing him directly from the pulpit. As he mounted the pulpit, he shouted, “How many of you here can give God N1m, raise up your hand.” immediately he said that, na so silence enter everywhere. Nobody gree raise hand. “Does it mean that there is no one in this church who can give God N1m,” he said again. I didn’t know what just came over me that I just raised up my hand. Na so everybody come dey look me for church. Some may just be thinking, “who is this small boy, abi na yahoo boy him be wey him wan give N1m.” My roommate was sitting at a corner staring at me, as if I had smoked unrefined weed, or maybe I was trying to impress one small girl in the church. Because I was complaining that morning that I had nothing on me.

The pastor said I should stand up and asked me when I was going to bring the N1m to the church. He placed the microphone at my mouth so everyone could be hearing what I was saying. “So when are you bringing the money,” the pastor said.

“Well, I will bring the N1m, Next year after my NYSC, I must have gotten a good job and can afford that,” I replied to the pastor.

Immediately I said that, the whole church busted into laughter. I overheard the girl sitting behind me as she said, “this guy nay eye guy. Na next year he wan bring N1m.” As some people were still laughing, the invited man of God said he liked my faith even though I didn’t believe that God can still do it for me to give the money that present time. And he prayed for me that God should bless and increase as people were still laughing. After the prayers, he laughed and turned to me and saying.

“you this boy, I just love your faith. Even when people are laughing at you that you can give it even when you don’t have it.

Before I knew what was happening, the invited man of God called his personal assistant and asked to bring his cheque book from the car and told him to write a cheque of N2m and bring it for him to sign. After the Personal assistant had written the cheque, he brought it to him and he signed it and gave it to me. Na so I come dey look like locuzade. “Collect this cheque from me young man,” the pastor shouted.

All these were happening in front of the whole church. My brothers and sisters, come see as people come dey shout dey jump for church as I collected the cheque. My roommate ran from where he was sitting to where I was.

“Young man, after collecting the money from the bank, pay your N1m and take the rest,” the man of God said to me. The whole church went haywire as people began coming to me to see if the cheque was real. Me sef I was yet to believe what I was seeing. I was still doubting the authenticity of the cheque not until I went to the bank the next day thinking the cheque would bounce. But na lie as I cashed my money. I immediately paid my pledge of N1m to the church account and the remaining N1m, na inside my account the money enter.

Fast-forward to 2 months later, my fame had increased that a popular man of God gave me N2m. The man of God was invited to another program in that city by another church. Mehn come and see crowd. I even attended the program with a female friend of mine. And this man of God is popular and he dey dash people money wella.

At the program, when he mounted the podium, he said he needed 10 people that would give the church N500,000 each before the end of the month. He wanted only 10 people but more than half of the church stood up because the alter was not enough to contain them if they came out. The more than half said they would give N500,000 before the end of the month. Even the female friend of mine stood up that she would give the N500,000 but I never came out. Well I don’t know where she would get that kind of money. I believed maybe the faith that brought me out in my own would work for her. Because her salary was just N10,000 monthly. But majority of the people that came out are poor and not well to do people like pepper sellers, market women. Even papa ifeanyi who is still owning his landlord N5000, came out that he would give the church N500,000. Seeing all those things, I began to wonder their what was happening and the motive of their coming out. It was there and then I realized that came out, thinking that the man of God would give them money. Dem think say man of God go dash dem money as he dey dash others. But it was unfortunate that he didn’t do that. He told the church to collect all the names and phone number of those who pledged to give the money. He prayed for them and told them that they have pledged, so they should fulfill their promise, if not, God will judge them. Na so the matter end till he preach finish come waka comot. As he comot finish, so many people come dey cry say dem don carry gbese for head. They have carried huge debt. The female friend of mine began grumbling that she thought the man of God would just give them cheque as he gave to me, that was why she stood up. Na so I come laugh her. So that was why she stood up. And I warned her ooo. Now she don carry debt, huge gbese. Well, i encouraged her to do what she can to pay because one doesn’t make a promise to God and fail to do that. Na so she say make I help her pay. I laughed, if I hear say I pay. It’s her curse so let her carry it.

A month later, I began hearing that the church had started calling and visiting those that had made N500,000. My friend that pledged told me that she doesn’t have a rest of mind. That the church had been disturbing her to pay her pledge, and that wasn’t even her church. She was just invited. Shebi them want money, na dem go give now. I didn’t know what to tell her. I also heard that so many people went back to the church to them they didn’t mean the pledge, that they can’t meet up with it. Some talk say dem no go pay at all.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1001-how-god-used-a-man-of-god-to-embarrass-me-with-a-huge-sum-in-front-of-a-congregation

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by clemz88(m): 11:01am On May 07, 2015
This is the day the Lord has made. grin.
I wanna use this opportunity to thank God for making me hit FTC after much struggle and also the bros below me who had nothing to say cool.

***I dedicate this plot of land to my family an all those wishing to be in this position. Keep trying n the lord shall bless your hustle.

****I is coming back una good morning****

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by coolcharm(m): 11:01am On May 07, 2015
Op, na you be the character for this movie? OK nw, make I join my faith with your faith, maybe my own miracle go be this sunday... I really need one. Lol

Happy Birthday to me! May my year be beautiful with unmerited favour and miracles as evident in OP's story (even as I work hard to achieve my dreams) wink

The bros above me be rushing FTC like hot beans undecided

Oya make una use una like button answer amen to my prayers and it shall be well with you all grin wink

125 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by ashile(m): 11:02am On May 07, 2015
what can i say

i need to visit that church

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by pretydiva(f): 11:02am On May 07, 2015
Hahahaha...c me dey laugh 4 inside bus ooo grin..

Back 2 d topic. God indeed is a miracle worker

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by Nobody: 11:02am On May 07, 2015
Front page And you guy think abuse of authority will end?
Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by Marvyx(m): 11:02am On May 07, 2015
Now that's what I call uncommon faith that brings uncommon favour and testimony

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by Nobody: 11:03am On May 07, 2015
Dis can never be I s l a m
Dis is christianity

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by loomer: 11:04am On May 07, 2015
All these for me to read?
Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by Henrybliz(m): 11:04am On May 07, 2015
*intresting*
Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by opriui: 11:04am On May 07, 2015
good news
Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by Maczeelly(m): 11:04am On May 07, 2015
Chaiiiii..........Money
Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by umarc19: 11:04am On May 07, 2015
Congrats grin
Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by Nobody: 11:05am On May 07, 2015
The ending was kinda anitclimactic.

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by timilehing(m): 11:05am On May 07, 2015
Bullsh.itWhen pastor gave you thr check, u no remember to come here ooo na after u don lavish the money u con dey make jest of ur female friend. Big Idiats

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by strangest(m): 11:05am On May 07, 2015
Na so... Na wetin be his name
Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by proxitaly: 11:06am On May 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Fellow Nigerians, I have taken time to study recent happenings in our nation before and after the elections and I have come to conclude that there is a grand plan to start some kind of war in Nigeria. Some people thought that the last presidential election was going to be the last straw to break the camel's back but are still in shock that the presidential election has been conducted and Nigeria is still at peace even with the incumbent losing the election.
Discerning minds can see that a pattern has been set to overheat the system especially by generating so much hatred and tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. The rate at which it is going it is looking like one week one trouble. The pattern is that there is usually a provocative comment (alleged or true) made by a prominent Yoruba and somehow this is fed to the public and when the get to know of such comments, they become overwhelmed with anger.
Just check:
Before all these started, recall that a Twitter account was identified where a young man was calling for the killing of all the Igbos. Now I believe that the picture shown on that twitter account might even be that of someone that died many years ago. That twitter account was most likely created by the wicked forces outside Nigeria that intend to spark of a bloody ethnic conflict in Nigeria.
1. The case of the Yoruba Oba of Lagos-HRH Oba Akiolu where the Igbos were threatened with death in the Lagos lagoon.
2. The case of the Yoruba cardiologist in the US where a call for genocide against the Igbo was seen on his facebook page. (He says his account was hacked)
3. Most recently the case of the Yoruba Nobel Laureate-Prof Wole Soyinka released by the Cables revealing some provocative comments about the Igbo.
I want every intelligent mind to observe this, in the case of Dr Ariyo, he said his account was hacked and I am inclined to believe that this is true. The people behind this agenda to set Nigeria on fire are most likely the same people that used his facebook account to post such hate words against the Igbo. These are the same people that opened that twitter account I mentioned earlier where a call to kill all Igbos was made.
Look at the case of Prof Wole Soyinka too, how can an organisation like the Cable release such hate speech and tagging it to this man if not that some powerful forces were behind such. It is this same group of people that want Nigerians to start killing one another that used the Cables site to release that speech. Wole Soyinka himself has denied ever making such comments.
My Igbo and Yoruba brothers, please wake up and see that there are powerful forces pulling the strings underground to cause hatred between us and the agenda is to take it to a level where it will be too much to bear and violence would be the only solution. The forces behind this ultimately want a massive show of bloodshed in Nigeria starting with the Igbo vs Yoruba. Some people initially thought that the boko haram problem up north would start a religious war in Nigeria especially when churches were been blown to pieces every week but that failed. They later on resorted to attacking Muslims in the north even in their mosques to see if that would anger the muslims enough to start a massive campaign of violence against Christians but that also failed.
Let us all be wise and open our eyes, these forces plotting to plunge Nigeria into war are likely operating outside Nigeria. The boko haram option in Northern Nigeria failed to start the needed Christian vs Muslim war and boko haram is gradually winding down activities. Let us continue to pray for this nation and keep our emotions in check so that we do not witness a sort of bloodshed in this country that would be second to none in history. These evil forces have now shifted their attention to the Southern part of Nigeria and intend to start a campaign of massive bloodshed by starting a violent Igbo vs Yoruba conflict. We are too big to start a bloody confrontation against ourselves in this country, where do we run to for refuge? The numbers in Lagos alone can overwhelm Cotonou and even Ghana/Togo with a massive influx of refugees. How much refugees can flee through Bakassi? How much refugees can flee from the North into Niger Republic & Chad? Just with the boko haram problem Niger is already complaining and sending backing Northern Nigerian refugees.
This is the only county we have and we must do all we can to protect this country and ensure progress & development.
This message is especially for all the Igbos & Yorubas whose hearts have now been darkened and filled with so much anger and hate waiting to manifest. Let us put the evil ones to shame and ensure that their dream of an Igbo-Yoruba war does not come to pass!
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

[size=30pt]IRIS AT IT AGAIN[/size]

but on a serious not this makes sense. Why not try to open a new thread with this and we see if it gets to the front page

Unless some nairaland moderators are into these 'Forces'

Like if you believe in NIGERIA'S UNITY (#ONE NIGERIA)
share if you believe the OP is another script writer

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by Nobody: 11:06am On May 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Dis can never be I s l a m
Dis is christianity

Actually, it is promo. And it worked! He is now pulling big crowd; the investment pays off.

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by okonja(m): 11:07am On May 07, 2015
Nice script...where is Sanyeri and Odunlade to come and act this movie grin

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by DExplorer1: 11:07am On May 07, 2015
The story dull abeg!
Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by nairaclass02: 11:07am On May 07, 2015
k
Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by bukatyne(f): 11:07am On May 07, 2015
Interesting

This exposes the folly of copying people sheepishly and doing spiritual things your faith does not carry because of others did it.

Young man, you are very lucky and have the fear of God paying the pledge.

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by Nobody: 11:08am On May 07, 2015
Wetin be ya church name abeg?? grin grin
Or better still, the Pastors name.

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by DExplorer1: 11:08am On May 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Dis can never be I s l a m Dis is christianity
A simple condom would have settled your case.

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by Gboliwe: 11:08am On May 07, 2015
God still answers prayers in strange ways. Hahahhahahahahahha. Lucky guy you are.
Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2015
This ur story sounds too sweet to be real..
Can u kindly back ur story up with the following..
Church name..
Church venue..
Pastor's name( the one that gav u the cheque)..
Finally the pictures of u,collecting the cheque from the pastor...

All these day dreamers with their super stories on Nairaland .God dey watch u ooo.. angry sad

Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by chronique(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2015
Lol. God already knew the intentions of those who came out. That's why He didn't lay it in the heart of the man of God to give anybody money. Bible says: "be not deceived,for God is not mocked". He knows our hearts already.
Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by 7footre(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2015
Still waiting for the part where you woke up and realised it's 11 am and a bad time to still be dreaming
Re: How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation by dantata4real: 11:09am On May 07, 2015
Hahahahahaaha yawa don gas be dat nae

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Archbishop Onaiyekan, Bishops Kick. / Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51