Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal (21548 Views)

My Nigerian Fans Ask Me For Money Instead Of Autographs – Alex Iwobi / West Ham Presents Jersey To Igwe Of Nnewi In Anambra / Nigerians Urge Dangote To Support Local League Before Arsenal Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Daykoozy(m): 12:19am On May 08, 2015
mmsen:

Dangote is worth more than most of them and EPL has financial fair play rules to stop financial doping - very few billionaires are high liquidity.

Abramovich is worth 9 billion. Kronke is worth 6. The Glazers are worth 4.5. Only Man City's sheikh has more money than Dangote.

With an asset like Arsenal FC he could easily borrow from UK banks if needed.

Abramovich's was cash, liquid assets. Kronke also got in with liquid assets by selling other holdings.For Dangote to buy into the Premier league he would have to open his books up and I don't think he would be comfortable with that.
While he might be able to raise the funds, the business man in him would rather put the money in to a venture that would generate more than ownership of a soccer team.
A net worth can go form a billion to a million in a day. Cash is always king.
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by unphilaz(m): 1:06am On May 08, 2015
Moral of the story: yes we can.
At least chelsea not for sale
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by hedonistic: 1:23am On May 08, 2015
Stupid, poorly written letter. I lost interest as soon as she began to 'advise' Dangote to invest in the Nigeria league. You don't 'advice' a man how to spend money that you did not help him make. I don't care whatever point you coke up with. It's his money, and you have no right to tell him how to spend it.

Russia is not eldorado ; there is significant poverty and all that, but Abramovich and the other guy who owns majority stakes in Arsenal are heavy investors in the English Premier League Russians don't bore us with foolish talk about why Abramovich and Co should have invested in the Russian league instead.
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Chigold101(m): 3:09am On May 08, 2015
shedrack222:
[img]http://proudlyweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/proudlyweb.com_8_amaka-and-ruby-igwe1.png1_-640x431@2x1-300x225.png[/img]

Daughter of the late veteran Nollywood producer, director, writer, teacher and mentor, Amaka Igwe, Ruby Igwe has written an open to Aliko Dangote, disclosing to him, her opinion on the indicated interest to purchase Arsenal football club.

If we recall, the billionaire lost the bid to land a stake in Arsenal Football club in 2010. He, however, revealed recently that he is still interested in buying the club.

Here is an excerpt of the open letter from DailyPost below:

[b] Dear Mr. Dangote.

Of course you should buy the Gunners. It’s a sound investment to invest in football, I think financially. And of course in terms of reputation, having a stake in a club is epic. And of course you have the cash. That’s indisputable. However, I have two propositions for you.

Please buy Manchester United instead. Just because.

If you don’t want to, that’s fine. But if you have change, after the Gunners, invest in the football in Nigeria. I can a$$ure you that it’s not only in the UEFA Champions League, or the English Premier League, or La Liga, or Bundesliga, that you will find good soccer. What these leagues have in common is solid financial backing, and solid infrastructure. They have created an internationally celebrated, culturally appreciated, economically viable system.

As such, I find solace in my red Man Utd shirt. I watch David de Gea‘s saves in awe, and I want very much to go to Old Trafford. I feast on the history and the statistics that I find about George Best and Alex Ferguson and David Beckham, and I can’t count how many times Manchester United has broken my heart.

I digress.

If you invest in the football in Nigeria, maybe people will feel the way they feel about Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United; about Enyimba. Maybe my mates will make good money playing for Nigeria’s local and national teams. Maybe watching football and sports live in Lagos and Lafia will become a favourite past time. Maybe we will know more Nigerian players by name and not because of what non-national club they play for.

Maybe there won’t be that much traffic every time in Lagos because the stadium will be packed full. Maybe the clothing and manufacturing industries will be revived by making jerseys and other memorabilia. Maybe students can find modes of expression and survival in sports in general, instead of trying to conform to what they are not.

So Sir. Please do Nigeria a favour and invest in the infrastructure of our football. Invest in change.

Don’t just donate, in case it becomes pocket-oriented. Don’t make a local investment. Go hard. Go national. Consult people, including football fanatics, and lay out a battle plan. Invest in our football and follow your investment until you see the sizeable returns that can and will actualize. Invest in generations to come.

Nigeria will thank you.

[/b]

this is great... This Zoo called Nigeria is the only country we have now... So let us make it a more habitable place for all of us...
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Chigold101(m): 3:11am On May 08, 2015
hedonistic:
Stupid, poorly written letter. I lost interest as soon as she began to 'advise' Dangote to invest in the Nigeria league. You don't 'advice' a man how to spend money that you did not help him make. I don't care whatever point you coke up with. It's his money, and you have no right to tell him how to spend it.

Russia is not eldorado ; there is significant poverty and all that, but Abramovich and the other guy who owns majority stakes in Arsenal are heavy investors in the English Premier League Russians don't bore us with foolish talk about why Abramovich and Co should have invested in the Russian league instead.
I wonder if anyone really cares about if lost interest or not...
so you think Abramovich do not have stakes in some clubs in Russia?

your level of inferiority complex knows no bound
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 6:21am On May 08, 2015
sexaddict08:

in Chelsea, u can hav 4 to 5 African players at s tym
but must a club buy African players?? Na by force? By the way, how many African players even know what they are playing? Please assist me in naming 3 top African players as of today (mind u, Yaya Toure is 'dead').
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 7:04am On May 08, 2015
Great write-up from a great mind..family is blessed with the use of the pen. Big ups
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 7:08am On May 08, 2015
hedonistic:

Don't misinterpret..she is advising on the development of the local league as shcrew as Dangote is, he must taught of the local league before opting for arsenal...spare a thought for the write-up. She listed the job opportunities that will avail itself if he decides to invest here.
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by tiwo31: 7:21am On May 08, 2015
This country is very strange o.

The number of sewage treatment plants in nigeria can be counted on one hand. Open defacation is in excess of 90%. The number of water reservoirs to deliver water to people's houses can be counted on 3 fingers. I will not mention power supply and other infrastructure issues.

Somehow, with all these issues, a football club 4000km from the country is top of the priority list, smdh.
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by motherlode: 7:49am On May 08, 2015
Tbillz:
Lastly United practices simple xenophobia because they won't even sign a black player not to talk of selling it to a Blackman.

This is pure lie fabricated by you, the first and only black player which was bought by Alex Ferguson did not have much time for Man Utd due to the dis-organised system of African football and he was KEY then. Go and make your research!
And also didn't Man Utd bid for Mikel before he decided to for Chelsea?
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by mya1: 9:18am On May 08, 2015
mmsen:
Silly request.

If he is going to invest then he should invest in Nigerian football, first.

Let Nigerian football grow in the same way that the private sector has flourished as a result of Nigerian investment.

Abramovich invested in Chelsea because he needed someone to stash his illicit funds, Dangote is not a fugitive.

Did you read the post at all? Never judge a post by its headline.
Your proposal is exactly what the writer requested which you termed silly.

@post, I completely agree with Igwe, this could be the opportunity the Nigerian football clubs need to gain the required exposure to soar to greater heights.

If Dangote can invest in this, I see the face of Nigerian football experiencing unprecendented growth.
It would also have a positive influence on the Nigerian economy.
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by barnacle: 9:52am On May 08, 2015
searay:
Buhari has started. Why is he going to buy clubs for. Is that change.
#babaonechance
yabaleft inmate
myopic eyes.you need awolowo glasses to see
does DANGOTE n BUHARI have the same speeling
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by mmsen: 11:00am On May 08, 2015
mya1:

Did you read the post at all? Never judge a post by its headline.
Your proposal is exactly what the writer requested which you termed silly.

@post, I completely agree with Igwe, this could be the opportunity the Nigerian football clubs need to gain the required exposure to soar to greater heights.

If Dangote can invest in this, I see the face of Nigerian football experiencing unprecendented growth.
It would also have a positive influence on the Nigerian economy.

The author suggested that he invest in Nigerian football after spending on Arsenal or Man United - which is what I termed silly.

It is nonsensical to build someone else's home before building your own.

Maybe you should learn to read before calling out others.
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by mmsen: 11:05am On May 08, 2015
Tbillz:
Always in the quest to mortgage local industries and now football ; why not boost the standard of Nigeria football leagues to international standard? Why not invest in building stadium and rent it out? Of what help will investing in European football clubs be to a common Nigerian? You can turn Nigerian football to international standard if you really desire to sir. Lastly United practices simple xenophobia because they won't even sign a black player not to talk of selling it to a Blackman.

Man United have had many 'black' players during their successful years.

They have 'black players' in their youth set-up.

You made some great points but completely undermined your own credibility by making a completely farcical statement of fact.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ronaldo's Hotel Denies Offering Free Shelter To Morocco Earthquake Victims / Nigeria Beats South Africa 2-1 In All Africa Games Men's Football. / Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.