Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences (22576 Views)

Robert Mugabe Jnr Caught With Drugs In Dubai, Faced Death Penalty, Excecution / Indonesia Approves Castration, Death Penalty For Sex Offenders Targeting Childre / Iran Executed The Entire Male Population Of A Village For Drug Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Ishilove: 6:39pm On May 07, 2015
Remember Jackie Chan, that famous martial arts (Kung fu) actor of films like Drunken Master, Who Am I?, Mr Nice Guy, Rush Hour and so on? His films made a lot of us Kung fu fans while growing up. I remember signing up for martial arts class when I was 9. Lol. grin

Well, he has some pretty thought provoking things to say about drugs and drug offenders.

Popular actor, Jackie Chan, has revealed that he is in support of death penalty for some drug offenders. - BBC reports.

According to the actor, whose son, Jaycee Chan, spent six months in a China prison for drug possession, when you are hurting lots of young children, then you deserve death penalty.

"On some issues, I do support the death penalty," he said.

"When you're hurting thousands and thousands of young children, I think these kind of people are useless. You should get the right punishment."- He added.

His son Jaycee was also accused of providing shelter for other drug users.

Speaking on his son's imprisonment, the actor said he was ashamed and shocked.

"I'm more concentrating on him now, used to be just, 'you are a grown man.' But now I find out, he's still a boy," - He said.

http://pulse.ng/movies/jackie-chan-actor-is-in-support-of-death-penalty-for-drug-offences-id3733711.html

He speaks with the heart of a father whose life has been touched on a personal level by drugs. If we are to be very objective and put all sentiments aside, would you say the death penalty for drug offences is not too harsh, especially when one looks at the whole matter holistically, vis the collateral damage to the lives of its users?

It is easy to be mesmerised by the filthy lucre, it is also easy to be indignant when the offenders are being led to the killing fields, it is easy to shout about human rights and mercy, but who is there to raise a voice for those addicts who's life have been completey destroyed by these drugs?

I am trying to be objective here, but do you agree with Jackie Chan? If a family member of mine was on death row for drug offences, I will vehemently disagree with Mr Chan and point out that there were other froms of punishment befitting of the crime, BUT if my son was a junkie who's life revolved around the high he would get from next hit of that potent white powder, if my daughter sells her body in order to be abe to pay for a fix, or overdoses and drops dead at the age of 25, I will speak the same words Jackie Chan has spoken.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by SeverusSnape(m): 6:40pm On May 07, 2015
Why Jackie?...This ain't fair embarassed

A very lengthy jail term is Okay, But death?...I'm not in support of that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by georjay(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2015
Death penalty for corrupt politicians too...apc or pdp or kowa anybody....or Torture penalty...they should be tortured little by little till they die of torment....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by politricks: 6:41pm On May 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Why Jackie?
Why not jackie?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by importexpert(m): 6:42pm On May 07, 2015
well said. especially if the penalty will apply justly to every body

3 Likes

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by SeverusSnape(m): 6:44pm On May 07, 2015
politricks:
Why not jackie?
Cos I don't want death for drug dealers, Death for terrorists rather, Long jail term for Dopedealer tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Noneroone(m): 7:00pm On May 07, 2015
But we have a president elect who believes drug offenders should face firing squad while terrorists should be granted amnesty.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by belamour(m): 7:01pm On May 07, 2015
I also support death penalty for some drug offenders

The victims of substance abuse extend beyond the unfortunate ones suffering from this disorder and often include family and friends. Positive Treatment outcomes are not always guaranteed.

So Why Seek Wealth At The Expense Of Jeopardizing Someone Else Life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by MKO4ever(m): 7:02pm On May 07, 2015
Does it matter whether he is in support or against
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Pebcak: 7:03pm On May 07, 2015

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by chelseabmw(m): 7:03pm On May 07, 2015
Okay
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by realest247(m): 7:04pm On May 07, 2015
Its Okay.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by politricks: 7:04pm On May 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Cos I don't want death for drug dealers, Death for terrorists rather, Long jail term for Dopedealer tongue
I dont like it either but even with the death penalty, people are still going into it(not forgetting those that were caught at the airport recently). Now what happens when the punishment is reduced to a lengthy jail term.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by GogetterMD(m): 7:04pm On May 07, 2015
I'm with you on this one Jackie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by luckyman1010(m): 7:04pm On May 07, 2015
Better am insupport too
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by thefakestan: 7:05pm On May 07, 2015
Because of your son right?
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 07, 2015
I will decide to either support or rebuke him, if he stick by this word when his son's sentence is change to death penalty!

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 07, 2015
Not my dealer though
I agree too.

But Isn't his son facing Drug Charges?

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Dronedude(m): 7:06pm On May 07, 2015
Chai, this Jackie chan son jacey don disgrace him papa sote the man wishes drug users like him dead. Now it is also clear why he son is not heir to his wealth but Jackie rather willed it to Charity.

To jacey, what a Waste

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by allanphash7(m): 7:06pm On May 07, 2015
Looking for a day to have a fight with this dude

3 Likes

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by chinkichun: 7:06pm On May 07, 2015
Before y'all start bashing him, remember it's his opinion and he rightly justified it.

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by kemmary: 7:06pm On May 07, 2015
emotions
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by siegfried99(m): 7:07pm On May 07, 2015
undecided
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Dbestmax(m): 7:07pm On May 07, 2015
dey tel us DAT penalty for drugs in ds country is death...y wud u try.... dey already signed up for Dia own death d day dey took to take drugs into those countries...no pity
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by UnknownT: 7:07pm On May 07, 2015
Guess his son is lucky he wasn't caught in one of them countries that issue death sentences to drug traffickers

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Goldenheart(m): 7:07pm On May 07, 2015
Seconded***
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by MegMich(m): 7:08pm On May 07, 2015
What ever happens to life in prison.

Granted, lives are wasted and turned to vegetable, people should not be killed like fowls.

My thoughts tho!

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 07, 2015
Oh boy!
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by pussygotlips: 7:08pm On May 07, 2015
Me too support u join,

if person no wan die why will dey go find am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslim-majority Countries Condemn Taliban's University Ban For Women / EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal / Gambian Government’s Website Features Barrow As President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.