Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido (1427 Views)

Basketmouth Wants GEJ To Handover To Buhari Now!! / My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega / Do Not Handover To Buhari Or Else...niger Deltans Threaten GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido by Sooroptimist1: 7:03pm On May 07, 2015
“I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29″ – Gov. Lamido

The outgoing Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido has said he has no intention of staying behind in the state to hand over to his APC successor on May 29.

Speaking to his supporters during a reception put together for a youth who trekked for four days from Hadejia to the Government House in Dutse, about 170 kilometres, to meet the governor.

Lamido said he’s done his best for the state and delivered for his people and no longer owed anyone anything.

He said: “I will not hand over to my successor, because my predecessor did not hand over to me.

“I will go on leave on May 20 (nine days to the day of handover day). I will hand over to the Secretary to the State Government (SSG) and the SSG will hand over to the next administration, as it was done to me in 2007.

“Already, I have appointed the SSG to lead the transition committee and he will hand over necessary documents to the new elected governor. This is normal.

“We will organise a farewell programmes before that day. I will invite all my supporters in the state to see me off to the Dutse International Airport, where I will take my flight and allow the new administration to continue from where I stop.

“We have served our lovely state to the best of our capacity and ability, for eight years. Of course, we achieved a lot in terms developmental projects that have turned Jigawa into a proud state.

“We made our efforts to ensure that the PDP administration continued to lead Jigawa State but Allah rejected our proposal. So we have no option than to accept His will and support the new government because Jigawa is for all of us.”

SOURCE:http://abusidiqu.com/i-will-not-handover-to-my-successor-on-may-29-gov-lamido/
Re: RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido by dt02: 7:05pm On May 07, 2015
9ja
Re: RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido by Sooroptimist1: 7:10pm On May 07, 2015
I wonder where Sule Lamido is going on the 20th under the guise of Immunity

Knowing fully that he and his sons have a case with EFCC which was used as a bargaining chip by President Jonathan to force him to drop his Presidential ambition

And Buhari have said that all those who are under investigation or prosecution by EFCC will not be shielded under any guise

It is thus not surprising that Gov Sule Lamido have decided to do an Usain Bolt before the expiration of his immunity-covered mandate yet Umaru Dikko experience comes to mind

You can only run,you cant hide from the sword of damocles

1 Like

Re: RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido by TrishaP(f): 7:13pm On May 07, 2015
Pride!
Re: RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido by Beesluv: 7:16pm On May 07, 2015
Childish

By the way why didn't his predecessor hand over to him
Re: RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido by AhmedMustapha(m): 7:32pm On May 07, 2015
Runaway Governor
Re: RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido by Henrypraise41(m): 7:39pm On May 07, 2015
Is this a kind of joke or what, every different stories from people nawa 4 naija
Re: RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido by Henrypraise41(m): 7:42pm On May 07, 2015
Is this a kind of joke or what, everyday we hear different stories from different people nawa 4 naija
Re: RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido by Caseless: 7:47pm On May 07, 2015
I just de Laff...

So, pdp and its members are this bitter?
I hope the party dies before June this year.

Useless people!
Re: RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido by Boscojugunu(m): 7:49pm On May 07, 2015
Bye bye
Re: RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido by omostar: 7:51pm On May 07, 2015
Different stories everywhere. May 30 will surely come by God's grace.
Re: RUNNING AWAY?? I Will Not Handover To My Successor On May 29 – Sule Lamido by chumakk: 9:37pm On May 07, 2015
He is the wise one. Run while you can grin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate / 2/3 0f 108 Is 72, How Did 59 Elect A Senate President? / Saraki V Tinubu Who Is Greater? A Short Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.