Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,961 members, 7,810,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega (51137 Views)

Reno Omokri: How You Treat Your Predecessor Is How Your Successor May Treat You / Ambode Will Consolidate On The Achievements Of Fashola- Oladunjoye / Buhari Wins Borno To Consolidate Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by Islie: 1:49pm On May 16, 2015
By Joseph Erunke
AS he prepares to leave office next month as Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, after conducting the 2015 general elections, Prof. Attahiru Jega, has expressed worry that the achievements recorded so far by the commission may not be consolidated by his successor.

Jega said INEC had done well in restructuring the electoral process in Nigeria, but noted that it would be very easy for what had been achieved to be reversed by the incoming members if the country got it wrong on the new leadership.
To this end, he has tasked Civil Society Organisations, CSOs, to play a watchdog role in the INEC with a view to putting those that would be at the helm of affairs of the commission, on their toes.
Speaking yesterday, in Abuja, at the presentation of the 2015 general election observation report carried out by Election Monitor, a civil society group, supported by McArthur Foundation, the INEC chairman insisted that for his achievements to be consolidated, his policies and programmes aimed at repositioning the country’s electoral process must be maintained.
Represented by the commission’s, Director, Elections and Party Monitoring, Mr. Sheu Wahab, the INEC chairman stressed that: “We need to continue to beam the searchlight on post election events, and the first thing that will come to your mind is the reconstitution of new INEC.
“Jega’s commission will be winding up by the end of June, a new commission is going to be put in place. If we are going to consolidate on the gains of 2015 elections, I think CSOs have every reason to watch out for the new commission that is going to come in place,” he stated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/my-successor-may-not-consolidate-on-my-achievements-jega/

Cc lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by missbehave247(m): 1:51pm On May 16, 2015
Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 16, 2015
Nigerians are watching whoever will take over.

He must be better than Jega or nothing else.

Nigeria must grow!

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by rottennaija(m): 1:59pm On May 16, 2015
If you ask me, I would say jega should do one more term and in the process implement electronic voting here. If the Constitution doesn't allow it, he should write a proposal to the National Assembly giving strong reasons why it should be included in the Constitution.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 16, 2015
yeahh lemme see how GMB does this!! its either going to be a #onechance appointment or he'l prove to us he means business!

2 Likes

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by dre11(m): 2:04pm On May 16, 2015
To this end, he has tasked Civil Society Organisations, CSOs, to play a watchdog role in the INEC with a view to putting those that would be at the helm of affairs of the commission, on their toes

I just hope the would be able to do that task perfectly and without favour because during this election we keep seeing different types of mushrooms CSO springing up just to feel their pocket and do the bidding of the politicians

Thereby seeling the CSO to the dogs and giving it a bad name and preception to the elighten public
Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by LMAyedun(m): 2:05pm On May 16, 2015
elprokez:
I wish he will not leave cry. What a personality! sad
missKiffy:
If only Prof. Jega can be INEC boss for a long time
rottennaija:
If you ask me, I would say jega should do one more term and in the process implement electronic voting here. If the Constitution doesn't allow it, he should write a proposal to the National Assembly giving strong reasons why it should be included in the Constitution.
Jega should better take a bow while the ovation is still very on the high side.. he shouldn't accept any elongation after next month.. This is Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by missKiffy(f): 2:05pm On May 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by soldierdollar(m): 2:05pm On May 16, 2015
Ok
Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by mindworx: 2:05pm On May 16, 2015
..../..
Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by Sweetguy25: 2:06pm On May 16, 2015
Why should he, and what are his so-called achievements? A voters register filled with under aged voters?

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by Rilwayne001: 2:06pm On May 16, 2015
Jega my Hero

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by nwafuluozoh: 2:06pm On May 16, 2015
Just that? I think say na better afraid sef!

3 Likes

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by iheanyi40(m): 2:06pm On May 16, 2015
Better Nigeria I pray Oh Lord cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by 1DNMC(m): 2:07pm On May 16, 2015
I am yet to collect my PVC please,who knows if I can still get it?

2 Likes

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by Rexceedo: 2:07pm On May 16, 2015
reXcee
Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by jejemanito: 2:07pm On May 16, 2015
rottennaija:
Wake up from your sleep bro. It's already 2.00pm

4 Likes

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by jossyj: 2:08pm On May 16, 2015
missKiffy:

You mean the biggest thief?

5 Likes

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by elprokez(m): 2:08pm On May 16, 2015
I wish he will not leave cry. What a personality! sad
Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by BrokenTV: 2:08pm On May 16, 2015
Which fucking achievement is he talking about. Is it the election that was characterized by violence, or the under age voters or the card reader scam.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by deanery(m): 2:09pm On May 16, 2015
Mmmm..We Cary Chair Dey Observe
Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by lilmax(m): 2:09pm On May 16, 2015
Achievements?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by okooloyun1(m): 2:09pm On May 16, 2015
Ok
Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by Pavore9: 2:09pm On May 16, 2015
He has finished his own work .
Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by 9jii(m): 2:09pm On May 16, 2015
Oh the standard is set now.
Nigerians are watching and talking
Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by ramdris(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2015
Don't worry sir. U have already set. Yardstick for measuring performance as INEC chairman and who ever falls short will be orubebelized

1 Like

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by Rexphobia(m): 2:11pm On May 16, 2015
So the commission does not have a succession plan?

Lobatan

1 Like

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by teebabsman(m): 2:12pm On May 16, 2015
o
Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by Tufunky: 2:12pm On May 16, 2015
In the totality of GEJ's cluelessness and multiple series of administrative blunders, Jega was the best mistake Jonathan made.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 16, 2015
rottennaija:

E get many Bad belle wey no go let am stay.

1 Like

Re: My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega by lorbah001(m): 2:13pm On May 16, 2015
Do not worry prof...... Let's just hope BABA fix naija to a certain level, trust me political portfolio wouldn't be a tin to achieve by fire by force cuz corruption woulda been dealt an hefty blow by den

#i believe nigeria is entering her promised land

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shiite Leader, El-Zakzaky Arraigned In Kaduna Court Amid Tight Security. Photos / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / Presidential Plane Departs From London As Anxiety Mounts - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.