Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) (68503 Views)

'Yahoo Boys' In Togo Targeting Nigerian Politicians To Scam Foreigners. Photos / The Top 10 Cities With The Most Yahoo Yahoo Boys In Nigeria By ThatYorubaDude / 3 Yahoo Boys Caught In Ibadan With Their Laptops And "Juju” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 08, 2015
The way GEJ fell for PDP Yahoo Gangs right? undecided undecided undecided undecided tongue

RevDesmondJuju:
Only a broom wielding, chang chanting APC dunce will fall for this scam.

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 08, 2015
So people still fall for this trick? Whenever I see such emails, I just send it to my spam mail

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by barnacle: 3:03pm On May 08, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Opposites correct for Shekau represents all that is Islam; evil and darkness.

I am the opposite of darkness and evil. Islam and moslems can only be tamed by their own medicine' the sword! Ask Israel, they don't phuck around with islam they simply deal with Islamic violence with a double measure of violence!

Islam is not peace! Islam is the beast spoken in Revelations that wounded beast rising from the abyss.

Islam is a scourge on the earth for a thousand and four hundred years. The wounded beast spoken of by John in revelations:

let God be the judge not you.besides have you ever wondered why their are diffent xtian religions...differnt ideologies,differnt beliefs.your purpose of been in a religion is to find which is the real one.its written many shall rise in my name.find out which are the fake ones.make researches ask questions,when you finally find that supposed real one,compare with islam,look at the two holy books both the similarities and the difference,put your self in the shoes of the pressurised xtians and put your self in the shoes of the pressurised muslims.give your analysis,consider and at the end.give me a call so we can together raise our voice for RELIGION HARMONY.ALLAH=GOD
ISLAM IS PEACE CHRISTIANITY=LOVE
PEACE*LOVE=HARMONY AND TOLERANCE
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by nsyforreal: 3:04pm On May 08, 2015
atlwireles:

Jona ke, the man is going home to live in peace, you APC people are about to enjoy the punishment of a generation.

good quote my guy.have told whoever cares to listen that jona is going to rest.buhari does not know what awaits him.

till then interlude that is break in transmission.
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by yahoofak(m): 3:23pm On May 08, 2015
Seriously? Check my signature.
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by chmod777: 3:25pm On May 08, 2015
You seem educated but am sorry where did you get the 90% statistics, from offensive security, certstation or tigersecurity?
oluface:
That's Bank Account Spamming..lol.. 90% Nigerian will fall for it .
Those guys used a very strong Scam Page, Shell and Almighty Inbox Smtp.
Always check the URL before you login your personal details and more so.. No bank will ask for you personal details online for you to reactivate your account.. Most time.. Those boys send you an email with your bank page threatening that your account will be deactivated if you don't update your info..
Once again.. Always watchout for the correct URL.
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by SMGS(m): 3:28pm On May 08, 2015
Someone started this, brought in another person, who passed it on to someone and was picked up by somebody till it got to this person doing it now.

We totally condemn fraud, and regret the harm it has done to our image and persons as Nigeria and Nigerians. We do not sympathize with fraudsters, neither do we find an excuse for them.
The law will deal with any offender, while we follow it up with rehabilitation and education to prevent further spread and reclaim our pride. So that our people will find new means of livelihood that are legal and morally justified. Nigeria is great - I AM THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by Fourwinds: 4:20pm On May 08, 2015
I no get time for all dis online rubbish. if alart show deduction from my account., na bike I dey take go d bank physically to confirm d deduction. Yahoo boys dey crazy. my hard earn money.?? Mbanu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by Nayok(m): 4:32pm On May 08, 2015
Op, this ur thread is not complete o, FTC things sha
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by CzarChris(m): 4:54pm On May 08, 2015
Personally, I don't do online transactions. Call me old fashioned, but my money is still safe the old-fashioned way, why change it? undecided

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by Bowaley17(m): 4:56pm On May 08, 2015
¡d¡ots
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by Everydaeguy(m): 5:08pm On May 08, 2015
jamex93:
God pass them
these niggas are so Good..
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by deflover(m): 5:14pm On May 08, 2015
I DONT SEEM TO BELIEVE THIS......I THOUGHT BEFORE A TRANSACTION IS DONE ON AN ACCOUNT ONE RECEIVES A TOKEN NUMBER VIA YOUR REGISTERED PHONE NUMBER ....THAT MEANS THE PERSON MUST BE WITH YOUR PHONE ALSO TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION......SO I STILL DOUBT THIS angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by holusormi(m): 5:23pm On May 08, 2015
oluface:
That's Bank Account Spamming..lol.. 90% Nigerian will fall for it .
Those guys used a very strong Scam Page, Shell and Almighty Inbox Smtp.
Always check the URL before you login your personal details and more so.. No bank will ask for you personal details online for you to reactivate your account.. Most time.. Those boys send you an email with your bank page threatening that your account will be deactivated if you don't update your info..
Once again.. Always watchout for the correct URL.

True that , but these ones are learners , the 'sent from' field clearly indicates a mail domain that doesn't belong to either zenith bank or any other bank ... A good php mailer would have corrected that undecided
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by openmine(m): 5:37pm On May 08, 2015
Some thing similar happened to me some years ago wen GTbank sent me a mail to validate my account online via a particular website of theirs....fortunately for me,two things happened dat day....
1.My laptop browser mozilla firefox had an anti-plishing software dat detected d supposed Gtbank website as a scam and
2. The supposed message was sent to an email of mine dat was totally different from d one i used to register with my Gtbank account.

We just need 2 be very vigilant..dese online fraudsters are getting a lot smarter everyday but God pass all of dem..such alert messages can force anyone without thinking to give away very important numbers online...

I wud suggest dat we obtain our bank's customer care phone numbers in order for us to get relevant infos(Gtbank is always 24hrs everyday including sundays)

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by lifter(m): 5:50pm On May 08, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
Only a broom wielding, chang chanting APC dunce will fall for this scam.

As in its still dey pain you?

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by davspog2(m): 5:58pm On May 08, 2015
themilanway:

You mean the way FFK,PEJ and co scammed Jona? grin grin grin
you can not be more correct my brother!

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by lastpage: 7:34pm On May 08, 2015
I get the same rubbish too!

But there is another one l got recently which said that my Email Account is FULL, that l have used the 5GB allocation.
They then said that they are "UPGRADING" me to 15GB free of charge, for being a "Loyal Client"! shocked shocked shocked

They then asked me to click a link, from which l am to enter my Email username and log-in (Password) to "activate the new Capacity!

But first, l went into my account to check for my usage since l know l always clean-up my "Thrash and Spambox" regularly and alas, l have only used 7.%% of my storage capacity! undecided

As usual, l deleted the rubbish as quickly as possible after first listing the address as "blocked" in my spam filter grin\

If you ever recieve any Emails like this, please, dont be in a hurry to respond!
Think twice, the worst that can happen is that you will go to your bank to correct and sort things out.
Even if you are out of the country (the usual targets), you can call the bank on their numbers that YOU ALREADY KNOW AND HAVE USED BEFORE!

Never use any detail on that Email, to make any confirmation because they will be waiting for you on the other side of the line!

Dont enter "One Chance" Please.

Lastpage!

Below is a snapshot of the Email l got!

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by hardbody: 7:34pm On May 08, 2015
ochejoseph:
‎It's unfortunate that the Fraud has become a component of the Fabric of the Nigerian society.

Daily unscrupulous Nigerians device devilish of defrauding their fellow
Citizens of their hard earned cash!

I get several emails daily I also believe that others get this mails too, my elder brother once lost his savings to this men of the underworld. 

At about 12 midnight one day he started receiving alerts for Monies he never withdrew by day break the account was empty!!! 
Why?  He filled the demonic form online ‎!!!!

The lastest  weapon of these lazy men and women is the BVN  a Biometric identification means that was introduced by the central Bank to safeguard bankers and their deposits

Their Scheme ‎

They  copy the design of the Bank in question, colour, language, pics just name it 

They Send a customized email in the Banks Name with Links to a site where the will collect your particulars including ATM Numbers and PINS 

TIMING 

They target Customers mainly On Fridays or in Public Holidays that way the Customer find it Difficult to contact the Bank to Block the card until his or her account is emptied 

TRUTH 

BVN registration cannot be done online the owner of the account must present his/herself physically for his thumb print and other data to be captured 

No Bank sends email with any Link to Validate any account or Cash Any Money once you see an email with aa Link to a Data base it's a FRAUD click at your own risk 

NO bank will ever ask for your PIN NO matter the circumstances

See a Copy of the Mail I got this evening! See Pics Below

I do not have any Account with ACCESS BANK
Yet Fake ACCESS Bank in a Bedroom somewhere with a Laptop is threatening to close an account that does not even exist!

http://tsuntsumediaservices..com/2015/05/see-how-yahoo-boys-are-using-bvn-to.html

What tbey are doing is bad and cannot be excused but tell me are some Nigerians this dumb? They send those things to me regularly including from banks where i do not own accounts and i respond to them. Where they say name for instance i enter some curses like you will die young. Where they ask for other information i pile more curses and send it to them. Point is like the op said other than a limited few things, most of these things having to do with personal identification cannot be requested online by any bank. Somethings else i have learnt is that the protocol must be https:

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by SleekReek(m): 7:38pm On May 08, 2015
ochejoseph:
‎It's unfortunate that the Fraud has become a component of the Fabric of the Nigerian society.

I get several emails daily I also believe that others get this mails too, my elder brother once lost his savings to this men of the underworld. 

At about 12 midnight one day he started receiving alerts for Monies he never withdrew by day break the account was empty!!! 

The lastest  weapon of these lazy men and women is the BVN  a Biometric identification means that was introduced by the central Bank to safeguard bankers and their deposits

Their Scheme ‎

They  copy the design of the Bank in question, colour, language, pics just name it 

They Send a customized email in the Banks Name with Links to a site where the will collect your particulars including ATM Numbers and PINS 

TIMING 

They target Customers mainly On Fridays or in Public Holidays that way the Customer find it Difficult to contact the Bank to Block the card until his or her account is emptied 

TRUTH 

BVN registration cannot be done online the owner of the account must present his/herself physically for his thumb print and other data to be captured 

No Bank sends email with any Link to Validate any account or Cash Any Money once you see an email with aa Link to a Data base it's a FRAUD click at your own risk 

Yet Fake ACCESS Bank in a Bedroom somewhere with a Laptop is threatening to close an account that does not even exist!

http://tsuntsumediaservices..com/2015/05/see-how-yahoo-boys-are-using-bvn-to.html

Great Post let me share what happened to a colleague of mine about 1 week ago, he received a BVN Mail like what you just showed, he only clicked on the link and changed his mind and closed the email but sadly in a few days 800k had left his account illegally. Don't even click on the link, just click on report a phishing scam, under your spam option in your Yahoo E-mail.

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by lastpage: 7:39pm On May 08, 2015
deflover:
I DONT SEEM TO BELIEVE THIS......I THOUGHT BEFORE A TRANSACTION IS DONE ON AN ACCOUNT ONE RECEIVES A TOKEN NUMBER VIA YOUR REGISTERED PHONE NUMBER ....THAT MEANS THE PERSON MUST BE WITH YOUR PHONE ALSO TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION......SO I STILL DOUBT THIS angry angry angry angry

First, they would COLLECT all your relevant details (name, age, account details, password, e.t.c)
They will then use this to clone your identity, including a debit card

When they want to finish you off, they will do the withdrawal/transaction to the point where they need the "Token Code" and ask you to "Enter your code" on their fake website under the pretext that you need to do so to complete your "BVN change".

Ofcourse, having gone that far, you will want to complete the process and Voila! Your account is EMPTY by Monday morning! grin grin undecided undecided

Well, if you are still in doubt, please "respond" to them next time you see such Email!
I just hope they dont use your account to get "Kidnap Ransom Money", after cloning itgrin grin
That one will put you inside "serious gbengen"! undecided undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by hardbody: 7:39pm On May 08, 2015
kallmemrB:
this is too bad...the banks should educate their customers on all developments and fraud tactics

The banks do this regularly. People just refuse to learn. I dont even generally use outside ATMs except under an emergency. I withraw with a pinpad and pay most times with POS. Everybody goes home happy except the criminals who wont get anything from me. God punish their generation.

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by hardbody: 7:44pm On May 08, 2015
SleekReek:

Great Post let me share what happened to a colleague of mine about 1 week ago, he received a BVN Mail like what you just showed, he only clicked on the link and changed his mind and closed the email but sadly in a few days 800k had left his account illegally. Don't even click on the link, just click on report a phishing scam, under your spam option in your Yahoo E-mail.

Your friend is not telling the whole truth. You must enter details before they can scam you. Another thing, if you bank with say GTB, download their app. With this app you can do virtually everything including stopping some running transactions.
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by DJMONACO(m): 7:48pm On May 08, 2015
merrybet is the bookmaker with the best payout system in Nigeria!! Your chance to make cool cash!! http://www./Odds/registration/affiliate105177
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by olayinkaj2(m): 8:30pm On May 08, 2015
That's why I do not fill anything banking stuff online. I would rather create that time to find out things myself from the bank. I don't joke with money.

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by PTNL: 8:49pm On May 08, 2015
Why are these banks not taking this issue serious except some staff are conniving with these yahooboys. All we need are aggressive adverts on tv and radio (media) educating people on these challenges but they ve all refused to take it serious except through online warnings which not everybody has access to.

If it is to sell shares now, they will start making noise all the media.
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by debeey87(m): 9:26pm On May 08, 2015
ochejoseph:

Their Scheme ‎

TIMING 

TRUTH 

At this just junction,let me advise that every Nigerian should have the 24hr's card service hot line of their banks at their finger tips. After I lost my hard earned 18k to fraudster who used juju on me years ago and I told them my ATM pin 3times correctly (story for another day),gtb customer care line became registered in my medulla oblongata.

Wise up o. Another way to catch these fraudsters when they send you email,CHECK THE EMAIL ADDRESS. Anything @gmail,@hot mail,@skyrocketmail and not customized to your bank. A beg pick race.

FINALLY, when you get any suspicious email,call your bank before clicking any link.

My five kobo I borrow you so o
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by Mudarris: 9:55pm On May 08, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Opposites correct for Shekau represents all that is Islam; evil and darkness.

I am the opposite of darkness and evil. Islam and moslems can only be tamed by their own medicine' the sword! Ask Israel, they don't phuck around with islam they simply deal with Islamic violence with a double measure of violence!

Islam is not peace! Islam is the beast spoken in Revelations that wounded beast rising from the abyss.

Islam is a scourge on the earth for a thousand and four hundred years. The wounded beast spoken of by John in revelations:

When did u check out of d psychiatry home?
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 08, 2015
Mudarris:

When did u check out of d psychiatry home?

Coming from a moon worshiper

1 Like

Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by Mudarris: 10:17pm On May 08, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Coming from a moon worshiper
I don't think it'll be bad for u to "buy" some sense... Seems it wasn't prescribed for u prior to ur discharge from d psychiatry home
Re: SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 08, 2015
Mudarris:

I don't think it'll be bad for u to "buy" some sense... Seems it wasn't prescribed for u prior to ur discharge from d psychiatry home

Allah the greatest c0ck sucker

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers / Man Strips Hooker Unclad For Stealing His N31k, Isokoboy, Others React / Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.