Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,401 members, 7,819,428 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf (19422 Views)

Emir Sunusi Apologizes To Ganduje - 5 Northern Governors Beg On His Behalf / "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu / Video - Obasanjo Foundation CEO Boasts Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by Nobody: 7:27am On May 08, 2015
luvmijeje:

No ooooooooooooo! You are missing the point. A woman in charge of Obasanjo foundation was caught on tape admitting to money laundering.... She was caught on tape admitting to job she had laundered on behalf of the foundation.... Names were dropped. If you exclude Jonathan, the case is dead on arrival.
lolz..no problem in mentioning his name,but GEJ will not be a respondent in court...don't see the court calling him to come defend his role...if it does it can as well call on dantata to defend his role in empowering dangote who made donations to Jonathan and has been giving money to those in need..how does that soundlame I guess
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by lovat(m): 7:31am On May 08, 2015
I'm not suprised because where OBJ is from, they are very good with betrayals when the game is not going their way.

OBJ and his tribeSmen accused GEJ. Of corruption but today OBJ shady deals is being exposed

1 Like

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by goodgood2(m): 7:33am On May 08, 2015
That implies that Obj is a rogue and can never be trusted. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. It's a pity that so many fell for his lies against gej. #HypocriticMan
gentleoyink:
Quotable quote(s)

"I had to go through training, through President Obasanjo's political training for one year to be very discrete"
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by mrmax1(m): 7:36am On May 08, 2015
tbaba1234:

GEJ is implicated in the article...

"How do you work with President Obasanjo” because if you read about him you will see that he fought the war in Nigeria, he’s the guy all other leaders call up on for help, him and I are always travelling, last time we were in Ghana and this guy had a problem we had to help get money from Goodluck because he did not have enough money. We did so much secret things."

By “this guy” she was referring to Ghanaian leader John Mahama. By “Goodluck” she meant outgoing Nigerian leader, Mr. Jonathan.

Translation: Mr. Mahama desperately—and apparently personally—needed funds, and Obasanjo somehow obtained it for him from Mr. Jonathan.

[b][/b] oga pls read through this again, assimilate and tell me how it implicates GEJ. Did she say Gej stole and gave obj or don't he have money of his own to give obj? Moreover the translated part started that obj "somehow" obtained it from GEJ, dat word some how tells a lot of tins. Don't bring any GEJ into this one, only someone without common sense will judge OBJ a saint when it comes to corruption
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by MabraO: 7:38am On May 08, 2015
I thought anything that comes from saharareporters re never credible?

Bunch of hypocrites
If na GEJ dis thread dey bash u go hear "Sahara this Sahara that"
But it is bashing obj una dey happy
Nigeria no fit move forward lailai no be curse

We so blinded by sentiments nd tribalism
At sure a country can't move forward
That's y we remain where we re since 1960

1 Like

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by CecyAdrian(f): 7:40am On May 08, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
I am not saying that obasanjo is not corrupt, but this one right here is pure nonsense.

I was waiting for the part that could effectively link obasanjo to the scam. A woman sits down somewhere and is trying to use obasanjo's name to cut an illegal deal and you blame obj for that?

Any moronn can engage in name-dropping if it would make the deal fly faster. So, if someone uses Dangote's name to defraud people, dangote should be held responsible.

From the way the woman was singing sef, you would notice that there's a problem of credibilty with this entire thing.

And just to say that this is not about obasanjo vs GEJ. I would defend GEj too if this kind of watery report was done against him. You need to read this trash with an open mind to know how weak it is.
You are wise kiss

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by CecyAdrian(f): 7:47am On May 08, 2015
BADNEAT:
all those saying GEJ was implicated are either fools or simpletons....did the woman ever say GEJ helped in his capacity as the president?? so if obj needs financial assistance, Goodluck cannot be said to have helped from his private coffers? really don't get how some people reason at all..in a competent court of jurisdiction, there is no case against GEJ as he only helped a friend In need..he was not mentioned in the money laundering scheme...when it comes to helping the Ghana guy,there is not incriminating, not even on obj or they lady...it was just a pure case of financial assistance, not gratification or bribery.!!!!so you guys should use your heads small
Are you seriously serious or. Just typed all these out of sentiment. undecided
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by Damjoy(m): 7:55am On May 08, 2015
biafransoul:
I'll continue to laugh in Swahili as all pretenders and hypocritical enemies of Gej will be exposed for the world to see who they really are. The case of Halliburton is still there etc. ...next is Tinubu and Buhari. Nigerians have really entered 'one chance' and I pray it doesn't consume us all. Still laughing loud at hypocrites and they know themselves

So you think GEJ sef bs free man
The farm ownership saga still dy ground. Patience hotel among other cases..
Ogbeni let us just enjoy the drama and stop the blame game
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by FitnessNigeria: 7:56am On May 08, 2015
luvmijeje:

GEJ should immediately hire you has a lawyer......... As an imaginary prosecutor my questions for you are:

Are you father Christmas?

How much is your salary as a President for you to have the financial capacity to fund the campaign of a presidential candidate of another country?

Under the Ghana and Nigerian constitution is it even allowed?

First of all, there was no where in this article that stated how much goodluck gave to help the Ghana guy, and there is no where in this article that stated that the money was used for his (Ghana guy) campaign.

So I would love to know how you arrived at your conclusions that the money was used for campaigns and that the money was more than what the president earns?

1 Like

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by nduchucks: 8:03am On May 08, 2015
Middlemen/women have been duping foundations and their supporters since 1804! I do not see any evidence here that OBJ committed any prosecutable crime.

When you people present prosecutable evidence against OBJ, we may move to the next step. Even the lady in the video cannot be successfully prosecuted for any crime based on this video alone.

For now, all I've read is dust yearning and sensationalism typical of tabloids.

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by Nobody: 8:03am On May 08, 2015
tbaba1234:

GEJ is implicated in the article...

"How do you work with President Obasanjo” because if you read about him you will see that he fought the war in Nigeria, he’s the guy all other leaders call up on for help, him and I are always travelling, last time we were in Ghana and this guy had a problem we had to help get money from Goodluck because he did not have enough money. We did so much secret things."

By “this guy” she was referring to Ghanaian leader John Mahama. By “Goodluck” she meant outgoing Nigerian leader, Mr. Jonathan.

Translation: Mr. Mahama desperately—and apparently personally—needed funds, and Obasanjo somehow obtained it for him from Mr. Jonathan.

What implication? For lending money from a sitting president?.... So if the money was from Dangote...it wouldn't have been an implication ba?
That's not an implication, sirree! Because GEJ is the incumbent president, doesn't mean he doesn't have the money of his own!....to borrow out!

1 Like

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by tbaba1234: 8:07am On May 08, 2015
foxxynik:

What implication? For lending money from a sitting president?.... So if the money was from Dangote...it wouldn't have been an implication ba?
That's not an implication, sirree! Because GEJ is the incumbent president, doesn't mean he doesn't have the money of his own!....to borrow out!

Not for lending money for laundering money.

There are official channels to send money if it is legitimate not via foundations.
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by ARKdiscloser7(m): 8:10am On May 08, 2015
Only with time will Nigerians get to know how blind they are.

For me and undoubtedly OBJ and TINUBU are the most corrupt Nigerians living.

The Yoruba are just covering them up but someday sometime the truth will manifest.

Someone that rule this country for complete 8 going years without any visible achievement.

Some that came to power broke , now one of the richest Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by boladez(m): 8:27am On May 08, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
I am not saying that obasanjo is not corrupt, but this one right here is pure nonsense.

I was waiting for the part that could effectively link obasanjo to the scam. A woman sits down somewhere and is trying to use obasanjo's name to cut an illegal deal and you blame obj for that?

Any moronn can engage in name-dropping if it would make the deal fly faster. So, if someone uses Dangote's name to defraud people, dangote should be held responsible.

From the way the woman was singing sef, you would notice that there's a problem of credibilty with this entire thing.

And just to say that this is not about obasanjo vs GEJ. I would defend GEj too if this kind of watery report was done against him. You need to read this trash with an open mind to know how weak it is.

I am happy there are people like yourself who are still into facts and sense rather than sensationalism.

Will OBJ be everywhere at everytime. is he God to know his staff is cutting deals. Obj may or MAY NOT be aware! there is no DIRECT involvement of OBJ in the video

Again, its easy to sit behind the computer and Judge ...what was the motive of the guys that took the recording? were they trying to blackmail her?

However the lady should be investigated and reprimanded or prosecuted.
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by Nobody: 8:29am On May 08, 2015
cramjones:
General Buhari, please reserve at least 2000 spaces in Kiri Kiri...OBJ and others must pay for the crimes he has committed in Nigeria. We now have EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE!

What a mess of a country. Its stench of corruption no one can stand!

-CramJones
Lol.... This is democracy...if u scratch my back...I'll scratch yours!... OBJ ensured that he won votes from his state and local government for Buhari..without much remorse.... He won votes for APC as a whole... Buhari can NEVER prosecute him... This are the reasons we say! Buhari will never fight corruption....like he said...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by kings09(m): 8:35am On May 08, 2015
Tot pro-Gejites dd nT believe sahara reporters. Truly times hv changed. Evry1 nw believes dis gist...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by luvmijeje(f): 8:38am On May 08, 2015
FitnessNigeria:

First of all, there was no where in this article that stated how much goodluck gave to help the Ghana guy, and there is no where in this article that stated that the money was used for his (Ghana guy) campaign.

So I would love to know how you arrived at your conclusions that the money was used for campaigns and that the money was more than what the president earns?

Read my previous post...... And relate it to the post I quoted.
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by Nobody: 8:39am On May 08, 2015
tbaba1234:

Not for lending money for laundering money.

There are official channels to send money if it is legitimate not via foundations.
Read the original post again.... That wasn't laundering!
Did u read the part she said...
last time we were in Ghana and this
guy had a problem we had to help get money
from Goodluck because he did not have enough
money
Is that what u term laundering?

1 Like

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by anonimi: 8:39am On May 08, 2015
Vicadonis:
Obasanjo's middle name should be 'corruption'. Olusegun Corruption Obasanjo

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026307_b7ovpzdiyaapvevpicsay_jpegdbcecff075916fc73d6e05a56b0e5601

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by luvmijeje(f): 8:41am On May 08, 2015
BADNEAT:
lolz..no problem in mentioning his name,but GEJ will not be a respondent in court...don't see the court calling him to come defend his role...i[b]f it does it can as well call on dantata to defend his role in empowering dangote who made donations to Jonathan and has been giving money to those in need[/b]..how does that soundlame I guess

I can't see comparison, please expantiate.
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by tbaba1234: 8:43am On May 08, 2015
foxxynik:

Read the original post again.... That wasn't laundering!
Did u read the part she said...

Is that what u term laundering?

Yes, the fact that it was done secretly through foundation to disguise it is laundering...

1 Like

Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by PointB: 8:50am On May 08, 2015
Obj has always been corrupt. It those intrinsically bigoted that panders to him and hang on his every sanctimonious comments!
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by Nobody: 8:51am On May 08, 2015
tbaba1234:

Yes, the fact that it was done secretly through foundation to disguise it is laundering...
That they've done so many things in secret...doesn't mean... Lending money should be announce on every media that GEJ has been giving arms to OBJ..
Things like this are called secrets becoz nobdy will believe that oBJ will go bankrupt!... And you dnt know what means GEJ used in sending the money across!.... And you don't know if he used his personal earnings.....
It's not an implication, sirree!
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by tbaba1234: 9:00am On May 08, 2015
foxxynik:

That they've done so many things in secret...doesn't mean... Lending money should be announce on every media that GEJ has been giving arms to OBJ..
Things like this are called secrets becoz nobdy will believe that oBJ will go bankrupt!... And you dnt know what means GEJ used in sending the money across!.... And you don't know if he used his personal earnings.....
It's not an implication, sirree!

Do you know what money laundering is

There are legitimate channels of sending money, sending it secretly through a foundation is not part of it. . If it was legitimate, there is no need to disguise it...

That is money laundering.

By the way, the money was sent to Mahama, Ghana'President, not Obasanjo.. Obasanjo was the conduit.

That could also bring other legal questions, if the money was for Ghana elections, are there not limits on foreign donations in Ghana??
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by Nobody: 9:13am On May 08, 2015
How can someone boast of corruption scheme nd the person claimed to learn from obj for a year....... M not saying obj is a saint but....... Common!!!!!!
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by Nobody: 9:13am On May 08, 2015
tbaba1234:

Do you know what money laundering is

There are legitimate channels of sending money, sending it secretly through a foundation is not part of it. . If it was legitimate, there is no need to disguise it...

That is money laundering.

By the way, the money was sent to Mahama, Ghana'President, not Obasanjo.. Obasanjo was the conduit.

That could also bring other legal questions, if the money was for Ghana elections, are there not limits on foreign donations in Ghana??
She never said... The money was disguise! She said they've done so many things in secret... She never concluded that...part of the secrets was sending money in secrets...
She also said that...the time and day when this took plays is unknown!... The ghanian election was at 2012 and she said the transaction was december 2013.... (Guessing)
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by tbaba1234: 9:16am On May 08, 2015
foxxynik:

She never said... The money was disguise! She said they've done so many things in secret... She never concluded that...part of the secrets was sending money in secrets...
She also said that...the time and day when this took plays is unknown!... The ghanian election was at 2012 and she said the transaction was december 2013.... (Guessing)

The money was sent through the foundation, that is disguising it... The foundation is not a bank...
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by nightmile: 9:17am On May 08, 2015
I dont know why some Nigerians are so poor in reasoning; they just belive anything they read or hear without to details. Am sure we will have new slowpokezzz when the full gist comes out. Jobless news paper stand arguement don take over nairaland.
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by Nobody: 9:25am On May 08, 2015
tbaba1234:

The money was sent through the foundation, that is disguising it... The foundation is not a bank...
I want to believe u went through the post very well...
Translation: Mr. Mahama desperately—and
apparently personally—needed funds, and
Obasanjo somehow obtained it for him from Mr.
Jonathan. It is unclear at what time that event took
place or why.
Never heard from the Original post...that the fund was obtained via the foundation and via an illegal means!...
You just have to be straight up!
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by tbaba1234: 9:28am On May 08, 2015
foxxynik:

I want to believe u went through the post very well...

Never heard from the Original post...that the fund was obtained via the foundation and via an illegal means!...
You just have to be straight up!

You are the one that needs to read properly...

Why will the CEO of Obasanjo foundation be talking about money they helped Jonathan transfer??

You GEJ fans just defend blindly.
Re: OBJ Foundation CEO Boasts About Extensive Money-laundering Scheme On His Behalf by papaejima1: 9:34am On May 08, 2015
Empirical Evidence
Oby Ezekwesilil wey you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

John Oyegun's Daughter, Eniyemamwen, Weds In Lagos / Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians / Buhari Breaks Fast With Traditional Rulers In Aso Rock (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.