Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

David Cameron Wins Uk Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Cameron Wins Uk Elections (577 Views)

Omoluabis Dominate UK Elections, Football And Boxing. / Creator Of Kano Made Helicopter Wins UK Scholarship - Daily Mail UK / David Cameron Wins And Remains UK Prime Minister. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Cameron Wins Uk Elections by Trailblazer1(m): 8:32am On May 08, 2015
David Cameron will be returned for a second term as the UK Prime Minister with an expanded mandate for his Conservative Party.

The BBC is projecting that the Conservatives will come within a single vote of being able to govern alone. But even if they come up short, Cameron will have a clear mandate to put together a government with the support of minor parties.

The scale of Cameron’s win has come as a
shock, particularly for Labour leader Ed Miliband who had hoped to oust the Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition.

Miliband conceded it had been a “very disappointing and difficult night for the Labour Party”.

Labour has relinquished dozens of seats and failed to grab key marginals. It has been all but wiped out by the Scottish National Party in seats north of the English border.

The Liberal Democrats suffered even heavier losses and party leader Nick Clegg appeared to indicate he will step down.

The Conservatives, on the other hand, have picked up a few seats. A Government in the UK needs 326 votes in the House of Commons to command a majority.

In its latest projection, the BBC predicted the Conservatives would win 325 seats, Labour 232, the SNP 56, Liberal Democrats 12, Democratic Unionist Party 8 and UKIP 2.

– Stuff.co.nz

http://www.rockcitygist.com/david-cameron-wins-uk-election-see-results/
Re: David Cameron Wins Uk Elections by Trailblazer1(m): 8:35am On May 08, 2015
Good for him
Re: David Cameron Wins Uk Elections by importexpert(m): 8:36am On May 08, 2015
Congratulations to him. I hope he will do what they choose him for
Re: David Cameron Wins Uk Elections by Lovebond34(m): 8:37am On May 08, 2015
yea gud for him
Re: David Cameron Wins Uk Elections by Maczeelly(m): 8:37am On May 08, 2015
Great
Re: David Cameron Wins Uk Elections by realtestament(m): 8:37am On May 08, 2015
If na 4 naija ballot papers go dun miss finish for ova 300 polling unit....

#I Love Naija grin

#GEJ my main man grin
#Buhari ma hero wink
Re: David Cameron Wins Uk Elections by SuperSuave(m): 8:38am On May 08, 2015
After worshiping all gods available
Re: David Cameron Wins Uk Elections by theSpark(m): 8:40am On May 08, 2015
congratulations to David Cameron
Re: David Cameron Wins Uk Elections by lovat(m): 8:46am On May 08, 2015
I'm not interested in UK election, I'm more keen with the USA own because of the drama and intrigues therein
Re: David Cameron Wins Uk Elections by mya1: 8:52am On May 08, 2015
It sucks!

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Uk Prime Minister David Cameron / NSCDC Staff To Get Promotions Before May 29-minister / Breaking News On Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.