Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,150 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? (1208 Views)

Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu / This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by egift(m): 10:17am On May 08, 2015
We have all agreed that is Nigeria is to move forward, that the incoming administration of Gen. Buhari must fight, tackle and stop Nigeria's biggest problem - Corruption, lack of order and impunity.

As the incoming administration seek the best strategies and the approach to tackle the enormous challenge of Corruption in Nigeria, my question is are the Nigerians Masses and the People ready?

For instance, when people of your ethnic group are arrested and prosecuted in court, will you accept it? When politicians you know are is jail will the masses accept? When individuals and groups who dubiously acquired properties have those items confiscated will it be called witch-hunting? Etc.

Do you think the Nigerian Masses are ready and prepared to fight Corruption in the next administration? And What can the Government do to carry Nigerians along?

CC: lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by Nobody: 10:23am On May 08, 2015
y
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by Mogidi: 10:39am On May 08, 2015
Corruption can't be fought using "Change" slogan alone, Buhari said Abacha did not steal any money even though his children repaid us billions. Saying Abacha is blameless makes Buhari's corruption drive suspicious.

Let Buhari jail his friends including Tinubu, then we'd join in the fight against corruption.

Being a very vindictive man, I see Buhari probing his enemies whilst sharing with friends the largess his position brings. He did same thing as PTF chairman, allowing his friends to cart away billions of dollars.

Buhari is only a paper tiger when it comes to fighting corruption.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by tucky200(m): 10:45am On May 08, 2015
Mogidi:
Corruption can't be fought using "Change" slogan alone, Buhari said Abacha did not steal any money even though his children repaid us billions. Saying Abacha is blameless makes Buhari's corruption drive suspicious.

Let Buhari jail his friends including Tinubu, then we'd join in the fight against corruption.
So he should leave jonathan,NOI,alison madueke and co abi.....u just too dey sentimental...u need serious deliverance

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by Mogidi: 10:49am On May 08, 2015
tucky200:

So he should leave jonathan,NOI,alison madueke and co abi.....u just too dey sentimental...u need serious deliverance

I never said the above, I however said Buhari would go on a witch hunt, paving the way for his friends to fritter what's left of the economy.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by Lattop(m): 10:51am On May 08, 2015
May 29
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by tucky200(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2015
Mogidi:

I never said the above, I however said Buhari would go on a witch hunt, paving the way for his friends to fritter what's left of the economy.
E go shock u..when baba go jail one of them....never trust a general,they are trained to deceive and take advantage of any situation..baba retired military men that helped him in his coup in 1983 simply becoz they were corrupt..make we siddon dey watch wetin go happen..stop to they judge when hin never enter

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by baralatie(m): 11:03am On May 08, 2015
^^^^^ nothing go happen!
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by Mogidi: 11:05am On May 08, 2015
tucky200:

E go shock u..when baba go jail one of them....never trust a general,they are trained to deceive and take advantage of any situation..baba retired military men that helped him in his coup in 1983 simply becoz they were corrupt..make we siddon dey watch wetin go happen..stop to they judge when hin never enter

How much has the corrupt free Abacha family returned, last time I checked it was over 1billion. Bros sorry, I can't have faith in someone who said Abacha stole no money.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by talktimi(m): 11:06am On May 08, 2015
Buhari will not do jack shìt against corruption (apart from witch hunting opponents). There will be too much friendly fire cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:12am On May 08, 2015
Mogidi:

Being a very vindictive man, I see Buhari probing his enemies whilst sharing with his friends the largess his position brings. He did same thing as PTF chairman, allowing his friends to cart away billions of dollars.

You haven't answered the Op's question.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by Mogidi: 11:18am On May 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
You haven't answered the Op's question.

I did answer his question, you employed APC optics to view my post, read it again this time using normal lenses.
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by CyberWolf: 11:27am On May 08, 2015
If he starts from those close to him, then we will take him serious and gladly support him.,otherwise, I'll see it as a political/ethnic witch-hunt against his opponents ... angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by Nobody: 11:37am On May 08, 2015
undecided
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by efilefun(m): 11:40am On May 08, 2015
Better be
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by egift(m): 11:45am On May 08, 2015
CyberWolf:
If he starts from those close to him, then we will take him serious and gladly support him.,otherwise, I'll see it as a political/ethnic witch-hunt against his opponents ... angry

talktimi:
Buhari will not do jack shìt against corruption (apart from witch hunting opponents). There will be too much friendly fire cool

Here exactly is the issue. We want Buhari to fight corruption, but many do not want him to prosecute "people" who go against the law of the land - unless he go after those that you have pre-determined in your heart. If you believe anyone is corrupt, shouldn't you bring a case against such individuals and let us see if Buhari as President will allow the law to have its way?

Soon when some is arrested for stealing say N100 million, you will see poor, jobless and suffering individuals take to the street to protest "he is our son", "na our money", "leave him alone", "how about those that stole billions?" and other chants.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by egift(m): 11:51am On May 08, 2015
Mogidi:

I did answer his question, you employed APC optics to view my post, read it again this time using normal lenses.

The question is, are you and many other Nigerians ready to stop corruption even when people you know are found culpable? During the campaign, PDP even criticized for allowing the court (tribunal) to pass death sentence to International Drug Pushers who were destroying the lives of many Nigerians with Hard Drugs. Asking why he did not intervene and convert it to life sentence.
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by lyntiffany(f): 12:02pm On May 08, 2015
Op yes we are ready but the truth of the matter is that corruption cannot be reduced in this country untill you and i put ourselves in check.
Every Nigerian should search his or herself inwardly and check if your doing the right thing in the position you are?
Be you a farmer, lawyer, police, doctor, civil servant, soldier poltician e.t.c.
We need to help the president and this nation by contributing our own little quota by being a good citizen then you see things falling in place.
I hope am right.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by CyberWolf: 12:45pm On May 08, 2015
egift:

Here exactly is the issue. We want Buhari to fight corruption, but many do not want him to prosecute "people" who go against the law of the land - unless he go after those that you have pre-determined in your heart. If you believe anyone is corrupt, shouldn't you bring a case against such individuals and let us see if Buhari as President will allow the law to have its way?

Soon when some is arrested for stealing say N100 million, you will see poor, jobless and suffering individuals take to the street to protest "he is our son", "na our money", "leave him alone", "how about those that stole billions?" and other chants.
we all know that the issue of corruption is evenly distributed across all the geopolitical/ethnic zones of the country. So what we are saying is that he should start the fight from his home/zone and once he does that, then I will know he means business and if anybody from my area, even if it's my dad is found culpable, I will gladly support for his prosecution..But if he deploys all the arsenal at his disposals to sniff around my home in search of corrupt individuals without doing the same in his own home, then I'm left with no choice than to see it as ethnic witch-hunt..I guess you got my point now..
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 08, 2015
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by stebell(m): 1:38pm On May 08, 2015
Buhari can't do ish.
Someone who said he will visit electoral issues in Rivers and other South South states without talking about the mass rigging in the North can't be serious about tackling any issue.

To me, he's a barking dog without teeth.

Shalom!
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by egift(m): 2:14pm On May 08, 2015
CyberWolf:
we all know that the issue of corruption is evenly distributed across all the geopolitical/ethnic zones of the country. So what we are saying is that he should start the fight from his home/zone and once he does that, then I will know he means business and if anybody from my area, even if it's my dad is found culpable, I will gladly support for his prosecution..But if he deploys all the arsenal at his disposals to sniff around my home in search of corrupt individuals without doing the same in his own home, then I'm left with no choice than to see it as ethnic witch-hunt..I guess you got my point now..

So you are not in support of an open, all out and general fight against corruption? It only pleases you, if he first of all, Selectively hand pick people from his geopolitical zone for prosecution before you can support criminals from others places that are destroying Nigeria. Now tell us who is a tribal bigot?
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by BlackPeni5: 2:23pm On May 08, 2015
If GMB is perceived as being fair in his tackling of corruption ...(i.e. Jailing persons of all corrupt persons in government subsequent to 1985), we will take him seriously. However, if his fight starts from 2011, he will be useless before my eyes.
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by CyberWolf: 2:39pm On May 08, 2015
egift:

So you are not in support of an open, all out and general fight against corruption? It only pleases you, if he first of all, Selectively hand pick people from his geopolitical zone for prosecution before you can support criminals from others places that are destroying Nigeria. Now tell us who is a tribal bigot?
not a question of being a tribal bigot but that's just the way it is...Except if you wanna tell me that there are no corrupt people from his place?..Well I know better after all he openly declared that Abacha did not steal any money.. what do you make of that?...If he wants us to take him serous, he must convince us that Abacha looted the country..
Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by LFJ: 2:46pm On May 08, 2015
Mogidi:

Being a very vindictive man, I see Buhari probing his enemies whilst sharing with friends the largess his position brings. He did same thing as PTF chairman, allowing his friends to cart away billions of dollars.

When foolishness become part of DNA, there is nothing anybody can do about that than to pray to God to rescue those who out of selfishness choose to become fool.
Fools are not concern about 16 years of how PDP has destroyed the foundation of our institutions, set our economy ablaze, but they are masturbating over how Buhari will fail. A fool will never understand that the failure of Buhari is a loss to Nigeria the same way the failure of 16 years of PDP is already hitting us hard as a country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Administration: Are Nigerians Ready For The Fight Against Corruption? by baralatie(m): 2:51pm On May 08, 2015
CyberWolf:
not a question of being a tribal bigot but that's just the way it is...Except if you wanna tell me that there are no corrupt people from his place?..Well I know better after all he openly declared that Abacha did not steal any money.. what do you make of that?...If he wants us to take him serous, he must convince us that Abacha looted the country..
this is point and kill.

(1) (Reply)

Another Fraud In Delta State Election Sahara Reporters / Survivors Of Lagos Lagoon. Lesson For Biafran Jew. / Photos: GEJ Trekkers Arrive Hospital For Medical Checkup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.