Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,805 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Dubious Price List By Bulk SMS Platform - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dubious Price List By Bulk SMS Platform (9517 Views)

How To Build Your Email List By Guest Blogging / I Am Looking For A Good Website Hosting And Bulk Sms Platform / Got A Reliable Bulk Sms Platform For Sale? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Dubious Price List By Bulk SMS Platform by semasir: 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
Cheapest is always not the best option. If any portal CANNOT tell you their pricing policy and offer you CHEAP PRICES, then you're on your own.

Buying outright like #1.50 is ideal (from www.onenairasms.com as an example) where you do not have to calculate prior to sending for units to deduct or you consider a lower price with a billing rate like 85kobo and billed at 1.7 units per SMS i.e. #1.45 approximately as offered by www.metropolitansms.com

Be sure to understand your provider's pricing plan before you purchase and don't opt for a cheaper price without testing the delivery rates too.

Best of luck

freeman191:
Please be very careful about this bulk sms platform they are very dubious about there sms pricing, you will think you have a good deal, but you are dead wrong, i found out the hard way.

Correct me if am wrong, a bulk sms platform advertises his price list of 0 - 500 units at the rate of 1.8k, if you buy 500 units you are expected to pay 900naira. On a normal basis you are entitled to 500 bulk sms, which means you are allowed to send to 500 pone numbers, based on the unit you just purchased.

Now if you follow this scenario you are dead wrong, now what they do is charge you a separate rate based on the network you are sending to ranging from 1.3 - 1.7. So the actual rate you are paying per one sms is 1.8k * (1.3 - 1.7) = 2.34 - 3.06.

So if you come across a platform advertising 10,000 - 20,000 as 1.4k per unit, please don't be deceived, you will pay more than that when actually sending the sms.

As for me i switched from my former platform after they increased their general rates, but there 1 sms is 1 unit when sending, thinking i got a great deal with this platform. I will not mention the name of the bulk sms sites now, but i feel people need to understand there charges before jumping on the bandwagon of cheap prices.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12 Things To Do Before Applying For Google Adsense – 2016 Edition / Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? / Linda Ikeji's Blog VS ₦airaland Forum: Which Is More Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.