Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Prophelying Prophets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophelying Prophets (946 Views)

Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints / Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible / Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophelying Prophets by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:03am On May 09, 2015
Prophelying Prophets
by Ronald W Robey

Jeremiah 23:16 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD.
Jeremiah 23:17 They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.
Jeremiah 23:18 For who hath stood in the counsel of the LORD, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it?
Jeremiah 23:19 Behold, a whirlwind of the LORD is gone forth in fury, even a grievous whirlwind: it shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked.
Jeremiah 23:20 The anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly.
Jeremiah 23:21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
Jeremiah 23:22 But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.
Jeremiah 23:23 Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?
Jeremiah 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.
Jeremiah 23:25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
Jeremiah 23:26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;

We have heard many times, and many of us have repeated an old proverb, “Those who do not learn from History are doomed to repeat it.”

Today, in many Churches around the world, History is repeating itself. Just as there were prophets who were not called of, nor sent by, God in Jeremiah’s day, we have many who have taken the position of pastor, elder, bishop, apostle, and other titles and offices that God never appointed them to be in.

Notice the words of Jeremiah, “I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
What were the prophets of Jeremiah’s day prophesying? They prophesied a vision of their own heart, and not that which the Lord had spoken. In other words, they spoke their opinions. They dismissed what God had decreed, and preached unto the people a way that seemed right unto them… and sadly, to the people they spoke the words seemed right as well.

This brought God’s wrath and judgment upon the nation of Israel. They had rejected God’s Word for the words of a lying prophet.
We see the same thing happening today. Men are standing behind, what is seen by many as a sacred desk,… the pulpit, and preach words that God never intended to be preached in the ears of the New Covenant Believer in Christ Jesus.

They were not sent by God to preach this word. Instead, they preach from opinion, … man’s opinion. And the congregation, the assembly, because they are not studying the Word, fall prey and victim to the lying lips of the prophet they have chosen to themselves.

Preach to us good things,” seems to be the cry of the congregation. We do not want to hear bad things.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall theyYou heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Many today would rather sit under the teaching of man’s opinion rather than under the Word of God. Why? Because the Word of God demands that the flesh be crucified. God wants man to submit to His will for man. But the man who can stand behind the pulpit and prophesy of good things, thangs that satisfy the flesh, he is acceptable in man’s sight. He has given them what they want to hear.

One doctrine that the lips of a preacher not sent by God will teach his congregation is the doctrine that God requires a monetary tithe. The preacher will quote Malachi 3:8-10, bringing the curse that was upon Israel and placing it upon the congregation. He will take the blessing out of Malachi and promise it to the assembled body. He will take the tithe that was required of the Priests of Israel in Malachi and demand that the people who hired him to be their spiritual leader give to him as their pastor.

But, as the prophets of Jeremiah 23 did, this preacher will preach his own opinion of what the passage says, instead of what God actually said.

They turn the blessing into job security, financial raise at place of employment, good health, a tight-knit family, vehicle that is protected from breaking down, etc. Anything but what God said the blessing was, i.e.; rain from the clouds to water the ground so that it could produce crops in such an abundance that other nations would take notice and admit that Israel was truly blessed of God.

They turn the curse of Malachi 3 into unemployment, financial ruin, medical emergencies, family fights and disappointments, mechanical problems with the family vehicle, etc.. Anything but what God declared the curse to be in His Holy Word, i.e.; draught to impede the growth of vegetation in the gardens and locusts to eat the crops.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

The children of God rejected the Word of God. They had the Word of God delivered by true prophets who spoke according to the Word of God. Yet, they rejected the true Word spoken by prophets sent by God and chose to walk according to a vision in the heart of a man not sent by God.

Those who are sent by God will speak according to God’s decree.

Today, many assemblies are destroyed for lack of knowledge. They will not open their Bibles and study to see God’s will for their lives. Instead, they listen to the man behind the sacred desk as he reads God’s Word and then proceeds to tell them his opinion, which they are to accept as fact.

It is not.

So many today are in financial ruin because they have yielded to the lie that God requires us to tithe our money to the Church. Many would rather lose their homes to foreclosure than to incur the wrath of God for disobeying His command to tithe. And because they do not read His holy Word properly, by submitting to the preacher’s doctrine of a monetary tithe requirement, they follow after the doctrine of man instead of the decree of God.

Matthew 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

The pastor that teaches contrary to God’s Word, teaching his own opinion as if it were the commandment of God, is worshiping in vain. Those who follow after him are as blind as he is and both will fall in the ditch.

Wake up saints. God’s commanded tithe was not money. It was agricultural according to Leviticus 27:30-33. It was not for the New Testament Church, it was for Israel according to Leviticus 27:34. It was to be observed only once God’s children crossed Jordan River and entered Canaan, according to Deuteronomy 6:1-3 & 12:10-11. It was not to be observed on Gentile soil.

Are you agreeing with God? or with your pastor?

Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Jeremiah 23:25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
Jeremiah 23:26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prophelying Prophets by Freciprocal: 9:07am On May 09, 2015
Judge them not so the ye not be judged(Matt 7:1) ...

For judgement would start from the house of the Lord (1 Peter 4:17).

smiley
Re: Prophelying Prophets by Rosemary216(f): 9:15am On May 09, 2015
Freciprocal:
Judge them not so the ye not be judged(Matt 7:1) ...

For judgement would start from the house of the Lord (1 Peter 4:17).

smiley

thumbs up
Re: Prophelying Prophets by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:32am On May 09, 2015
John 7:24 (KJV) 24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

How does one judge righteously? By comparing what a person does or how a person acts using the Word of God.

In Acts 20:28-29, the Apostle Paul admonishes the Elders at Ephesus to be on guard because wolves would rise from among them. How is one to be on guard without judging?

Do you not make a judgment when you stay inside because you sense danger outside? If you see a known murderer walk in your yard, do you not make a judgment to hide from this dangerous man?

There are times when judgment is both wise, and necessary.

1 Like

Re: Prophelying Prophets by MrPristine: 3:58pm On May 09, 2015
Brilliant write up, very elucidating.
Re: Prophelying Prophets by Freciprocal: 4:56pm On May 09, 2015
MarkMiwerds:
John 7:24 (KJV) 24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

How does one judge righteously? By comparing what a person does or how a person acts using the Word of God.

In Acts 20:28-29, the Apostle Paul admonishes the Elders at Ephesus to be on guard because wolves would rise from among them. How is one to be on guard without judging?

Do you not make a judgment when you stay inside because you sense danger outside? If you see a known murderer walk in your yard, do you not make a judgment to hide from this dangerous man?

There are times when judgment is both wise, and necessary.

In John 7:24 jesus was speaking in the context of healing on the sabbath day.

Don't confuse choice with judgment. Judgement is of the lord. (Psalm 9:16)

The best way to tackle the above issue is to pray for these prophets and to reach out to them reminding them of the dangers of false prophesy and heresy.

Jeremiah 5:31 asks your question...

while Revelation 20:10 answers your question.

Hope this helps?
Re: Prophelying Prophets by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:40pm On May 09, 2015
Freciprocal:

In John 7:24 jesus was speaking in the context of healing on the sabbath day.

Don't confuse choice with judgment. Judgement is of the lord. (Psalm 9:16)

The best way to tackle the above issue is to pray for these prophets and to reach out to them reminding them of the dangers of false prophesy and heresy.

Jeremiah 5:31 asks your question...

while Revelation 20:10 answers your question.

Hope this helps?
why warn of false prophets if one is not to judge? One would have to judge in order to ascertain another is a false prophet.

Read 1 Corinthians . The Church at Corinth had written to Paul because of problems in the Church. Did not Paul pass judgment? If I recall correctly, he told the saints at Corinth to "judge them that are within".

1 Like

Re: Prophelying Prophets by Freciprocal: 7:44pm On May 09, 2015
MarkMiwerds:
why warn of false prophets if one is not to judge? One would have to judge in order to ascertain another is a false prophet.

Read 1 Corinthians . The Church at Corinth had written to Paul because of problems in the Church. Did not Paul pass judgment? If I recall correctly, he told the saints at Corinth to "judge them that are within".

Ok.

You can judge
Re: Prophelying Prophets by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:52pm On May 09, 2015
Freciprocal:

Ok.

You can judge
right. We can judge. But, when we do judge it must be according to the Word of God. That is the Key. Righteous judgment is judgment as the Word of God would judge.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/11/15 / Suprise Donation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.