Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,790 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? (4835 Views)

Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th / The Middle Path / Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by praxs(m): 5:11am On Nov 22, 2015
sometimes i just wonder were there any prophet for Americans, south americans, Russians, chinese, indians too. i know there were some many prophets and some of which we dont know names. Do we know names of prophets in other places too? if yes pls tell me some names. if not pls explain why we dont know their names. And if you explain in view of the bible or Quran will be great..... Further? Were dere people in other parts of the world during the time of the older prophets? How was thier lives like? Were there even people in Nigeria den? Just curious to know.. People existing in other parts of the world during the time of jesus! How wud d be judged considering that jesus stated that no man can come to the father except tro me. I believe the msg of jesus did not circulate all over the world immediately, even as of now some parts hv not yet heard of the gospel
Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by Ghost01(m): 5:41am On Nov 22, 2015
The reason is simply because the Bible and the Koran tells the story of some specific tribes in the Middle East. Believe me when I say this, the authors of the two "holy books" never knew the two continents we call The Americas today existed, not to talk of people living in them.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by praxs(m): 5:46am On Nov 22, 2015
Ghost01:
The reason is simply because the Bible and the Koran tells the story of some specific tribes in the Middle East. Believe me when I say this, the authors of the two "holy books" never knew the two continents we call The Americas today existed, not to talk of people living in them.
does it mean the americas had dere prophets at that time dat were not documented? Did we have our own prophet, the country nigeria
Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by Beesluv: 5:50am On Nov 22, 2015
Some prophets were born in nigeria... If you want to know them... Mathew 7:7
Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by Ghost01(m): 5:51am On Nov 22, 2015
praxs:
does it mean the americas had dere prophets at that time dat were not documented? Did we have our own prophet, the country nigeria
The so-called prophets are simply popular priests, nothing more. Many belief systems have theirs too.

4 Likes

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by tartar9(m): 6:55am On Nov 22, 2015
"For We assuredly sent amongst every People a messenger, (with the Command), "Serve Allah, and eschew Evil": of the People were some whom Allah guided, and some on whom error became inevitably (established). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth)" Qur'an (16:36)

5 Likes

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by malvisguy212: 7:35am On Nov 22, 2015
tartar9:
"For We assuredly sent amongst
every People a messenger, (with the
Command), "Serve Allah, and eschew
Evil": of the People were some whom
Allah guided, and some on whom error
became inevitably (established). So travel
through the earth, and see what was the
end of those who denied (the Truth)"

Qur'an (16:36)
nonsense!! If Allah sent each nation a prophet,why is the Jews have soo many prophet? And the arab one fake prophet? And the quranic verse you quote contradicte this one:

Surah 29:27: And (as for Abraham),
We bestowed upon him Isaac and
(Isaac’s son) Jacob, and caused
prophethood and revelation to
continue among his offspring.

PROPHETHOOD is to come from the root of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob alone, and the are ALL JEWS. Arab and the rest of the world, no prophet are to come from their root.

The reason God chose the Jews is explained here https://www.nairaland.com/2076306/gods-chosen-people-jews-isnt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by tartar9(m): 7:48am On Nov 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
nonsense!! If Allah sent each nation a prophet,why is the Jews have soo many prophet? And the arab one fake prophet? And the quranic verse you quote contradicte this one:

PROPHETHOOD is to come from the root of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob alone, and the are ALL JEWS. Arab and the rest of the world, no prophet are to come from their root.

The reason God chose the Jews is explained here https://www.nairaland.com/2076306/gods-chosen-people-jews-isnt
hehe,he's obviously pained from the perfect response of Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by cold(m): 7:58am On Nov 22, 2015
Your god claimed he created everyone in his own image but went further to say the Jews are his chosen ones. Hence all the prophets came from there. This is incontrovertible proof that the Jewish god aka mr Yahweh was invented by the Jews and they put themselves over and above all others. Same thing the Igbos would do with amadioha or the Yorubas with Sango and the other thousand variants of god. The people where such god came from would put themselves first. It's that simple.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by plaetton: 8:14am On Nov 22, 2015
praxs:

Of course.
Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by plaetton: 8:15am On Nov 22, 2015
malvisguy212:

Stuuuuupid and ignorant.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by malvisguy212: 8:54am On Nov 22, 2015
plaetton:

Stuuuuupid and ignorant.
explained please.
Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by malvisguy212: 8:59am On Nov 22, 2015
tartar9:
hehe,he's obviously pained from the perfect response of Islam.
trash!! Each nation were sent A prophet, explained why the Jews, a single nation were sent soo many prophet.

1 Like

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by mjconcept(m): 9:04am On Nov 22, 2015
Religion is just man invention.

4 Likes

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by true2god: 9:05am On Nov 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
trash!! Each nation were sent A prophet, explained why the Jews, a single nation were sent soo many prophet.
Are you saying that mohammed was a guy man and a fake prophet, just as Abu Jahl accused him in one of the numerous hadith narrations?

1 Like

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by malvisguy212: 9:11am On Nov 22, 2015
true2god:
Are you saying that mohammed was a guy man and a fake prophet, just as Abu Jahl accused him in one of the numerous hadith narrations?
yes , muhammed is a fake prophet, he teaches what he himself did not obey.

3 Likes

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by tartar9(m): 9:53am On Nov 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
how does this contradicts what I said?
the children of Israel were favoured by Allah;“O Children of Israel, remember My blessings which I bestowed upon you, and that I favoured you over all peoples.” 2:47

“Recall that Moses said to his people, "O my people, remember God's blessings upon you: He appointed prophets among you, made you kings, and granted you what He never granted any other people.” 5:20

1 Like

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by true2god: 10:29am On Nov 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
yes , muhammed is a fake prophet, he teaches what he himself did not obey.
Mohammed in his own word said in Quran 2:222:

They will question thee concerning the monthly course. Say: 'It is hurt; so go apart from women during the monthly course, and do not approach them till they are clean. When they have cleansed themselves, then come unto them as God has commanded you.' Truly, God loves those who repent, and He loves those who cleanse themselves'.

But in hadith he did the complete opposite.
Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet and I used to take a bath from a single pot while we were Junub. During the menses, he used to order me to put on an Izar (dress worn below the waist) and used to handle me. While in Itikaf, he used to bring his head near me and I would wash it while I used to be in my periods (menses). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 298)

Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad: (on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to handle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start handling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299; see also Number 300).

This mohammed na serios guy man prophet. I gbadun him pattern nobe small. The woman wrapper enjoyed his life to be fullest. All hail emperor prophet Mo', the islamic perfect man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by malvisguy212: 10:44am On Nov 22, 2015
tartar9:
how does this contradicts what I said?
the children of Israel were favoured by Allah;“O Children of Israel, remember My blessings which I bestowed upon you, and that I favoured you over all peoples.” 2:47

“Recall that Moses said to his people, "O my people, remember God's blessings upon you: He appointed prophets among you, made you kings, and granted you what He never granted any other people.” 5:20
okay now listen.
Surah 6:155-157
And this is a Book which We have
revealed as a blessing: so follow it
and be righteous, that ye may receive
mercy: Lest ye should say: "The Book
was sent down to two Peoples before
us, and for our part, we remained
unacquainted with all that they
learned by assiduous study :" Or lest
ye should say: "If the Book had only
been sent down to us, we should
have followed its guidance better
than they." Now then hath come unto
you a clear (sign) from your Lord,-
and a guide and a mercy: then who
could do more wrong than one who
rejecteth Allah's signs, and turneth
away therefrom? In good time shall
We requite those who turn away from
Our signs, with a dreadful penalty, for
their turning away.

The quran say ishmael(the Arab) was a prophet and was given a book . YET the quran say no Warner were sent before muhammed and that no Warner were given a book before muhammed

Surah 28:46
Nor wast thou at the side of (the
Mountain of) Tur when we called (to
Moses). Yet (art thou sent) as Mercy
from thy Lord, to give warning to a
people to whom NO WARNER HAD COME BEFORE THEE : in order that they
may receive admonition.

Surah 34:44
But We had NOT GIVEN THEM BOOKS
which they could study, nor sent
messengers to them before thee as
Warners.

And;

Surah 36:2-6
By the Wise Koran, thou art truly
among the Envoys on a straight path;
the sending down of the All-mighty,
the All-wise, that thou mayest warn a
people WHOSE FATHERS WERE NEVER
WARNED, so they are heedless.

Ishmael is explicitly said to have received the Book (S. 6:89), but S. 34:44 states that the Arabs had not received any book before Muhammad's time. We will leave it to the Muslims to try and make sense of these glaring contradictions.

Furthermore, what are we supposed to
think of Ishmael’s Book? Did he not pass
it on to his alleged descendants, which
Muslims claim were the Meccan Arabs? If he did, then how can the Quran claim
that the Arabs hadn’t received a book
prior to Muhammad’s time? If Ishmael
didn’t pass it on, then what happened to his Book? Even worse, would that not
imply that Ishmael was disobedient by
not delivering the message given to him?

1 Like

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by Ganjafama(m): 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
true2god:
Mohammed in his own word said in Quran 2:222:

They will question thee concerning the monthly course. Say: 'It is hurt; so go apart from women during the monthly course, and do not approach them till they are clean. When they have cleansed themselves, then come unto them as God has commanded you.' Truly, God loves those who repent, and He loves those who cleanse themselves'.

But in hadith he did the complete opposite.
Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet and I used to take a bath from a single pot while we were Junub. During the menses, he used to order me to put on an Izar (dress worn below the waist) and used to handle me. While in Itikaf, he used to bring his head near me and I would wash it while I used to be in my periods (menses). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 298)

Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad: (on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to handle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start handling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299; see also Number 300).

This mohammed na serios guy man prophet. I gbadun him pattern nobe small. The woman wrapper enjoyed his life to be fullest. All hail emperor prophet Mo', the islamic perfect man.
Mohammed was a sex freak. If even a goat comes wearing a hijab he would mount it.
Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by tartar9(m): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
malvisguy212:
okay now listen.
Surah 6:155-157
And this is a Book which We have
revealed as a blessing: so follow it
and be righteous, that ye may receive
mercy: Lest ye should say: "The Book
was sent down to two Peoples before
us, and for our part, we remained
unacquainted with all that they
learned by assiduous study :" Or lest
ye should say: "If the Book had only
been sent down to us, we should
have followed its guidance better
than they." Now then hath come unto
you a clear (sign) from your Lord,-
and a guide and a mercy: then who
could do more wrong than one who
rejecteth Allah's signs, and turneth
away therefrom? In good time shall
We requite those who turn away from
Our signs, with a dreadful penalty, for
their turning away.

The quran say ishmael(the Arab) was a prophet and was given a book . YET the quran say no Warner were sent before muhammed and that no Warner were given a book before muhammed

Surah 28:46
Nor wast thou at the side of (the
Mountain of) Tur when we called (to
Moses). Yet (art thou sent) as Mercy
from thy Lord, to give warning to aa
people to whom NO WARNER HAD COME BEFORE THEE : in order that they
may receive admonition.

Surah 34:44
But We had NOT GIVEN THEM BOOKS
which they could study, nor sent
messengers to them before thee as
Warners.

And;

Surah 36:2-6
By the Wise Koran, thou art truly
among the Envoys on a straight path;
the sending down of the All-mighty,
the All-wise, that thou mayest warn a
people WHOSE FATHERS WERE NEVER
WARNED, so they are heedless.

Ishmael is explicitly said to have received the Book (S. 6:89), but S. 34:44 states that the Arabs had not received any book before Muhammad's time. We will leave it to the Muslims to try and make sense of these glaring contradictions.

Furthermore, what are we supposed to
think of Ishmael’s Book? Did he not pass
it on to his alleged descendants, which
Muslims claim were the Meccan Arabs? If he did, then how can the Quran claim
that the Arabs hadn’t received a book
prior to Muhammad’s time? If Ishmael
didn’t pass it on, then what happened to his Book? Even worse, would that not
imply that Ishmael was disobedient by
not delivering the message given to him?
sad long epistle
Ishmael wasn't given any book.
Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2015
praxs:
sometimes i just wonder were there any prophet for Americans, south americans, Russians, chinese, indians too. i know there were some many prophets and some of which we dont know names. Do we know names of prophets in other places too? if yes pls tell me some names. if not pls explain why we dont know their names. And if you explain in view of the bible or Quran will be great..... Further? Were dere people in other parts of the world during the time of the older prophets? How was thier lives like? Were there even people in Nigeria den? Just curious to know.. People existing in other parts of the world during the time of jesus! How wud d be judged considering that jesus stated that no man can come to the father except tro me. I believe the msg of jesus did not circulate all over the world immediately, even as of now some parts hv not yet heard of the gospel

Because Islam n Christianity are middle eastern religions grin

3 Likes

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by Rossikk(m): 2:48am On Nov 24, 2015
chuna1985:

Christianity is not a 'middle eastern religion'. It is a European religion. Why do you think the Vatican is in Rome? Why is it not in the middle east? The new testament was actually compiled in Rome by Emperor Constantine and his henchmen.

2 Likes

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 24, 2015
Rossikk:

Christianity is not a 'middle eastern religion'. It is a European religion. Why do you think the Vatican is in Rome? Why is it not in the middle east? The new testament was actually compiled in Rome by Emperor Constantine and his henchmen.

I know very well how Rome highjacked Christianity @ some point. But the religion originated from Middle east.

2 Likes

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by vedaxcool(m): 9:26am On Nov 24, 2015
malvisguy212:

Wow, see the level of intelligence of a self styled spokesperson for Christianity, if someone was to ask why do only Asians eat rice, in response I said every nation eats rice your next "rational" response is why do Chinese eat more rice than every other nation.

Wow, sir if I may ask were you dropped on your head when you were a baby?

1 Like

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by malvisguy212: 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
vedaxcool:

Wow, see the level of intelligence of a self styled spokesperson for Christianity, if someone was to ask why do only Asians eat rice, in response I said every nation eats rice your next "rational" response is why do Chinese eat more rice than every other nation.

Wow, sir if I may ask were you dropped on your head when you were a baby?
going by your logic, we should reply the op "why all the rice is in china?" your way of thinking is way beyond what the quran say, every nation was sent a prophet ,what was the name of the prophet that was sent to the American? Let me guess, isis? What is the name of the prophet sent in Nigeria? I guess is shakau the leader of boko haram. The truth is that it is ONLY the Jews had covenant wit God concerning the prophetic race, it was through the Jews God will reach to the gentile just as He promised Abraham, through Abraham he will multiple the world. So I will return the question back to you, why will the Jews be the only one to eat rice ?

A true prophet will not act the way as
Muhammad did. He will not force his
faith on the people but will win them
over by his virtue. He will not wage war
on others to spread his message. He will
not command armies. He will not kill. Yet, Muhammad committed all these evil deeds in the name of Allah.

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by vedaxcool(m): 7:44am On Dec 03, 2015
^^

grin grin grin
Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by praxs(m): 5:08am On Mar 04, 2017
I dont know of the igbos, but its certainly oduduwa for the yorubas

1 Like

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by true2god: 11:59am On Mar 04, 2017
Ganjafama:
Mohammed was a sex freak. If even a goat comes wearing a hijab he would mount it.
If an old man of 54 (profit Mohammed) can have sex with a nine year girl (Aisha), I fully accept your assumption.
Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by otemdomino: 12:19pm On Mar 04, 2017
praxs:
Most of the so-called prophets you see in the bible are just mere guessers. The only one among them who did what is true is Danyal(aka Daniel) and he isn't even as they portray him in the bible. We have thousands of prophets in our own side of the world too, but they were suppressed by colonial rule. I will post the story of some of them here:
Luwabi, Bongo, Akinkanju, Ofo, Deop and thousands others are African products and they prophesied the colonial rule of the whites. They even made quotations about what to be done to avoid being colonised, but our ancestors failed to listen to them.

Doctufos: Luwabi 1:26-27

26. Those who exchange their gods for the gods of other lands are not wise. And those who impose their gods on others are not wise also. 27. Therefore, do not impose your gods on the homos of other lands and do not take their gods as your own god
DOCTUFOS: Aferk 16:18-20

18. Now one named Bedi, being a very wise homo, arose among them and said, let us not welcome the aliens, for so did Songi welcome some aliens into their land and they were enslaved in their own land.
19. And the travail of Ashant is great, for they fought with all their might to push these aliens backward.
20. For these aliens shall suck the good of our land dry and control us. And they ignored Bedi and went ahead to meet the foreigners in the farm of Adu.

Doctufos: Ofo 7:2,13-16

2. Now the king declared, saying, the law which Chuku made through his son Ofo is enough to make every homo do the right things. But some homos did take the prolonged justice as weaknesses on the part our god....
13. If our land shall turn against Chuku to accept other gods, let Chuku turn his eyes away from them. And let them rely on those gods to help them out. For it is heard that in the future, the homos of our lands shall uphold the culture of foreign lands and destroy our own culture. 14. But let them suffer for this; and let them know that Chi-ukwu is the highest god of this land and none else. 15. Let justice prevail in this land, no matter how it is being delayed. 16. If the homos of the lands of Chuku shall judge themselves in the matter of tribes and clan and in the matter of tongue also, then let them be made small among other lands.

1 Like

Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by sonmvayina(m): 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2017

nah only we be the people for this world wey dey worship God wey no resemble us.....religiotards..calling their heritage demonic, na that time our problem start.
Re: Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? by praxs(m): 7:29pm On Mar 04, 2017
otemdomino:
Most of the so-called prophets you see in the bible are just mere guessers. The only one among them who did what is true is Danyal(aka Daniel) and he isn't even as they portray him in the bible. We have thousands of prophets in our own side of the world too, but they were suppressed by colonial rule. I will post the story of some of them here:
Luwabi, Bongo, Akinkanju, Ofo, Deop and thousands others are African products and they prophesied the colonial rule of the whites. They even made quotations about what to be done to avoid being colonised, but our ancestors failed to listen to them.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ireland Elects Gay Prime Minister / For Religion Section Nlers Living In UK / Pastors And Men Of God: Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Ede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.