Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) (9980 Views)

How To Use SP Flashtools. / Easy Method To Root Tecno Camon C8 With SP Flash Tool / Infinix Hot 2 X510 Android 6.0 Upgrade Through SP Flash Tool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by hovatek: 10:29am On May 09, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by Chyjoey(m): 1:10pm On May 09, 2015
post=33564559:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzyYXAflmOk
goood day sir...please what of the custom rom for tecno p9 you said you were developing..
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by hovatek: 2:15pm On May 09, 2015
Chyjoey:
goood day sir...please what of the custom rom for tecno p9 you said you were developing..

We only just completed our developers release for Tecno M3. We developed a true 4.4 upgrade for Tecno M3 4.2 (not a themed ROM like the Kitkat ROMs you might've been coming across).
It was a very tasking project because we had to use kernels from other close MT6572 devices since Tecno wasn't forthcoming with their source codes despite all our efforts. Still have a few more patching to do here and there but the boot.img and frameworks are stable, just a few /lib and /bin tweaks left.
Cant tell you for sure if and when a true P9 4.4 or 5.0 will be released by our Team but we'll drop guides and videos on our techniques to help other developers replicate / improve on them
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by youngwiz(m): 2:23pm On May 09, 2015
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by dragnet: 3:55pm On May 09, 2015
this is better than spamming the board wink
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by obosirow: 5:35pm On May 09, 2015
Well done video
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by hovatek: 5:44pm On May 09, 2015
dragnet:
this is better than spamming the board wink

Spamming what board? Please, carry out your research properly before leveling accusations.
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by holluikon(m): 11:27pm On May 09, 2015
When using sp flash tool shall we connect the system to Internet before it can download the necessary things to the phone?
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by wabbyland(m): 12:00am On May 10, 2015
@op kindly send a message to me via whatsapp. I've got a question or two concerning that custom ROM for tecno m3. +2348170027149. wahab
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by dragnet: 9:10am On May 10, 2015
post=33576009:

Spamming what board? Please, carry out your research properly before leveling accusations.
it isn't an allegation and I believe we communicated during the spamming saga, or should I present evidence to refresh your memory?

1 Like

Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by hovatek: 10:58am On May 10, 2015
dragnet:
it isn't an allegation and I believe we communicated during the spamming saga, or should I present evidence to refresh your memory?

Considering you guys reputation for closing or deleting threads / posts that are not in your favor, think its best to pass on a fallout with you.
Being a Mod doesn't make you a god let alone God so stop oppressing your members.
BTW, you might want to refer to the email we sent back then before you degrade the situation any further.
Summary: You've won by a knockout..... just to let peace reign.

3 Likes

Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by dragnet: 11:26am On May 10, 2015
post=33595071:

Considering you guys reputation for closing or deleting threads / posts that are not in your favor, think its best to pass on a fallout with you.
[s] Being a Mod doesn't make you a god let alone God so stop oppressing your members. [/s]
BTW, you might want to refer to the email we sent back then before you degrade the situation any further.

being a mod is not about acting 'god' or oppressing members, every community has defined rules and these rules are meant to be enforced. So if you choose to be part of such community, it's paramount upon you to abide by those rules and If you've been assigned to enforce the rules in a community, it's either you do your job or you resign.
the Yorubas will say "you can't be given the duty of a hawk and not be able to carry a chick!"

3 Likes

Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by enoch273: 11:54am On May 10, 2015
post=33595071:

Being a Mod doesn't make you a god let alone God so stop oppressing your members.
wow! You deserve a standing ovation, all over the world you're well renown.
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 12:43pm On May 10, 2015
please, i just used your video as a guide to flash my phantom z mini. but my phone stuck at bootlogo.what should i do
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by hovatek: 12:52pm On May 10, 2015
Akerekoroabijawara:
please, i just used your video as a guide to flash my phantom z mini. but my phone stuck at bootlogo.what should i do

ensure you're using the exact files for your model
ensure there's a formatted sd card in the phone during flashing
do a factory reset in recovery mode after flashing
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by hovatek: 1:21pm On May 10, 2015
dragnet:

being a mod is not about acting 'god' or oppressing members, every community has defined rules and these rules are meant to be enforced. So if you choose to be part of such community, it's paramount upon you to abide by those rules and If you've been assigned to enforce the rules in a community, it's either you do your job or you resign.
the Yorubas will say "you can't be given the duty of a hawk and not be able to carry a chick!"

I take your comment to mean this is settled and we can all get back to our normal lives.
You see, there are too many device issues to help fix, still much Dev. work undone, too many phone technicians to train (and help expand their businesses) for our Team and You (who should both be helping) to get caught in a pointless row.
The same Yorubas will say "When two Elephants fight, its the grass that will suffer"
The point is, we care strongly about the grass in question because they're our future, so lets sheath our swords and save our strength for the true enemy ahead.
*Extends hand in friendly handshake*

1 Like

Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 1:30pm On May 10, 2015
post=33598279:

thanks. i used exact files from phantom z mini.
The phone doesnot use memory card.It has inbuilt memory.
i did factory reset in recovery mode after flashing,still no joy.
please help oo.
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by hovatek: 1:50pm On May 10, 2015
Akerekoroabijawara:

thanks. i used exact files from phantom z mini.
The phone doesnot use memory card.It has inbuilt memory.
i did factory reset in recovery mode after flashing,still no joy.
please help oo.
true, phantom Z series have no external SD.
would help to know how the phone got bricked and how you obtained the backup you're trying to flash.
That would tell a lot
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 2:14pm On May 10, 2015
post=33599890:

true, phantom Z series have no external SD.
would help to know how the phone got bricked and how you obtained the backup you're trying to flash.
That would tell a lot

I installed one dre by beat apk file on the phone.immediately the installation ,the phone started displaying "unfortunately dirac has stopped" persistently, I could not able to use the phone. I now got the stock rom of someone using the same phone.
I flash the rom using the steps on your video.The phone will power,but not booting. please help
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by hovatek: 3:21pm On May 10, 2015
Akerekoroabijawara:

I installed one dre by beat apk file on the phone.immediately the installation ,the phone started displaying "unfortunately dirac has stopped" persistently, I could not able to use the phone. I now got the stock rom of someone using the same phone.
I flash the rom using the steps on your video.The phone will power,but not booting. please help
list the files you flashed in sp flash tool
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 4:08pm On May 10, 2015
I flashed preloader,MBR,EBR1,UBOOT, BOOTIMG,RECOVERY,SECRO,LOGO, Those ones are ticked, but ANDROID,CACHE,USRDATA do not have part and not ticked
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by hovatek: 4:09pm On May 10, 2015
Akerekoroabijawara:
I flashed preloader,MBR,EBR1,UBOOT, BOOTIMG,RECOVERY,SECRO,LOGO, Those ones are ticked, but ANDROID,CACHE,USRDATA do not have part and not ticked

that explains a lot. please, contact us via BBM or Whatsapp for further support.
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 4:13pm On May 10, 2015
THANKS. I WILL DO THAT
post=33603816:

that explains a lot. please, contact us via BBM or Whatsapp for further support.
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by dragnet: 10:48pm On May 10, 2015
post=33599083:

I take your comment to mean this is settled and we can all get back to our normal lives.
You see, there are too many device issues to help fix, still much Dev. work undone, too many phone technicians to train (and help expand their businesses) for our Team and You (who should both be helping) to get caught in a pointless row.
The same Yorubas will say "When two Elephants fight, its the grass that will suffer"
The point is, we care strongly about the grass in question because they're our future, so lets sheath our swords and save our strength for the true enemy ahead.
*Extends hand in friendly handshake*

I've made my stand known before, I'm cool with what you do.
Best of luck.
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by LaconicINC: 8:35am On May 23, 2015
pls i do i get the exact files for infinix zero, mine got brick, it does not power on, pls help me
post=33598279:

Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by bhaliz44(m): 10:29am On May 23, 2015
dragnet:

I've made my stand known before, I'm cool with what you do. Best of luck.
then move this shii to fp..or wha do you think?? undecided
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by akinbuk45(m): 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2015
post=33570616:

We only just completed our developers release for Tecno M3. We developed a true 4.4 upgrade for Tecno M3 4.2 (not a themed ROM like the Kitkat ROMs you might've been coming across).
It was a very tasking project because we had to use kernels from other close MT6572 devices since Tecno wasn't forthcoming with their source codes despite all our efforts. Still have a few more patching to do here and there but the boot.img and frameworks are stable, just a few /lib and /bin tweaks left.
Cant tell you for sure if and when a true P9 4.4 or 5.0 will be released by our Team but we'll drop guides and videos on our techniques to help other developers replicate / improve on them

Pls I need this rom ASAP .......I need to get this rom for my tecno m3
Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by needinfo: 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
post=33564559:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzyYXAflmOk
having issues with creating scatter files.after successully connected to mtdroidtool, i click blocks, maps but the button to create scatter file is not clickable.but if the device is not connected, the button for scatter file will be present and when i click on it, it will take me to my computer and asked me to look for phone.info files, when i do that it will automatically create scatter file but it won't work on sp flash tool because it keeps giving error codes when loaded on both old and latest version.

how do one create the perfect scatter file for sp flash tool to detect it because i do use a part of the backup stock rom called phoneinfo to create scatter file from mtdroid but sp flash tool don't support it because i usually get error when trying to use sp flash tool with the scatter file.i have experienced this with tecno m7, m3, r7 and even latest device running 4.4 and 5 and lots more other mtk device.

Is there no other way to create scatter file when the button for it is not clickable on mtdroidtool like in my case.
How can make the scatter file that sp flash tool will support

Re: How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide) by needinfo: 3:01am On Jul 19, 2015
after creating the scatter file using the phone.info files as stated, i tried to do a read back but i usually get errors.why is it that the button to create scatter file is not always clickable after connecting or is there something am missing.here is the error i got when i tried to do a read back using the scatter file

(1) (Reply)

One Way To Browse Free With Celtel / How To Watch Dstv On Your Android Device / How I Get 7gb+ For N600 On Airtel Rather Than Using Glo 6gb For N1500.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.