Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,420 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her (2000 Views)

Man Takes Poison After Son Caught Him Attempting To Rape Daughter / Chinese Arrested For Attempting To Rape Nigerian Girl In Lagos / Driver Kills Teenage Girl While Trying To Rape Her In School Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by amebono14: 8:30am On Feb 07, 2009

A GIRL of 15 was tricked into a "telephone marriage" ceremony to a Sheffield man with a mental age of five in a ceremony recognised by sharia (Islamic law).

When the girl arrived from Pakistan expecting to meet the handsome man she had been shown in a photograph, she found that he was 40 years old, unemployed and disabled.

To make matters worse, her mother-in-law decided to exploit her attractive looks by forcing her into prostitution.

The family invited men to the family home to rape her before she managed to escape to the police by bolting through the front door. She was taken into care and now lives in a refuge.

The case is highlighted in a report by the Centre for Social Cohesion, which has found that policemen, councillors and taxi drivers are turning a blind eye or even conniving in enforcing the Asian community's strict "moral code" on young women.

The girl's marriage last April was not recognised by the Home Office but was approved by the Islamic Sharia Council in Britain. She is typical of the runaway brides at risk of an "honour killing". According to official figures, 10 to 12 women are murdered in Britain in honour killings each year, but the government has been warned by MPs that this is a serious underestimate. Police often record the deaths as cases of domestic violence, while other girls are driven to suicide or taken away to their family's country of origin and never seen again. Many Asian parents would rather resort to violence against their children than see their reputation tarnished by the perceived dishonour of allowing them to become "westernised".

The report, Crimes of the Community, claims the problem is no longer an issue of first-generation migrants importing attitudes from "back home" but is "indigenous and self-perpetuating" because it is sustained by third and fourth-generation immigrants.

The study reveals the case of Saamiya, a 16-year-old girl from Birmingham, whose parents were so angry when they discovered she had a boyfriend that they flew her to Pakistan and told her they had arranged a marriage two hours before the ceremony.

"During the Islamic ceremony my dad was standing behind me with one hand on my shoulder and with his other hand he had a gun which was pointed at my back so that I didn't say 'no'," Saamiya said.

"To everyone else it looked natural — he was just standing there stroking my shoulder — but just before he had told me that he would shoot me if I didn't go through with it."

She was rescued from Pakistan by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office's forced marriage unit and now lives in a refuge in the Midlands, but has been told that she will be murdered by her brothers. The girl told investigators: "I haven't been back home since then. My brothers say that they want to take me back to Pakistan so they can kill me basically. They'll just pay the police there to keep quiet, I don't want to be killed. I'm only 16. I want to live my life."

The think-tank's report comes after Gordon Brown, the prime minister, said last week that he was extremely concerned that too little was being done to prevent honour crimes.

The study criticises the police and schools for failing to take action in a misguided attempt to avoid offending cultural sensibilities.

Karma Nirvana, a support group in Derby, claims it asked local schools last year to display warning posters produced by the forced marriage unit. It said the schools refused.

Derby council last week denied that the group had made the requests, but the prime minister has pledged to investigate reports that the government unit cannot get its advice posters into schools for fear of upsetting local opinion.

According to the report, women who go to the authorities to seek protection have been tracked down through their mobile phones or even by leaks of confidential information from government databases.

Jasvinder Sanghera, director of Karma Nirvana, said that police who find girls who have escaped from their families often simply return them to their parents where they face further abuse, with some Asian officers actually colluding in crimes. Sanghera is taking a case to the Independent Police Complaints Commission of a girl who fled her family but was kidnapped by relatives and held prisoner. She claims that a police officer tipped off the family where the girl was staying.

"Police have a long way to go before they get on top of honour crime. There is a lingering fear among officers of being dubbed racist for probing cultural issues. We've got to shake off that myth," she said.
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by mukina2: 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2009
link?
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by amebono14: 3:21pm On Feb 07, 2009
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2009
this is such a shame.
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by Riskie(f): 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2009
Any time a Christian or other non-Muslim does something stupid don't forget to mention their religion.
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by MrCrackles(m): 8:40pm On Feb 07, 2009
Riskie:

Any time a Christian or other non-Muslim does something stupid don't forget to mention their religion.

co-signed! cheesy
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 07, 2009
Riskie:

trust me, christians are more critical of their own. The Anglican gay bishop crisis was roundly condemned by fellow anglicans and other christians . . . Ted Haggard was immediately removed by his own congregation . . . Pat Robinson was criticized by the christian community . . . sorry but we are not part of those who camouflage their own faults with "allah wills".

How many times have muslims bored us to tears about gay catholic bishops?

Oh by the way when are they locking this thread too?

All the muslim threads questioning Christ's death on the cross are surprisingly still open and even stretching to 3 pages . . . allah's slaves have a problem with honesty indeed.
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by Riskie(f): 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2009
davidylan:

trust me, christians are more critical of their own. The Anglican gay bishop crisis was roundly condemned by fellow anglicans and other christians . . . Ted Haggard was immediately removed by his own congregation . . . Pat Robinson was criticized by the christian community . . . sorry but we are not part of those who camouflage their own faults with "allah wills".

How many times have muslims bored us to tears about gay catholic bishops?

David, all Muslims do not condone foolish behavior (suicide bombings, child marriage etc). I have attended many Jummah services in which Imams openly denounced such activities and expressly tell the congregation that Allah does not want anyone to commit evil acts in His name or "for His sake". Maybe you just never came across these things or perhaps you are simply ignoring them.
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by MrCrackles(m): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2009
Riskie:

David, all Muslims do not condone foolish behavior (suicide bombings, child marriage etc). I have attended many Jummah services in which Imams openly denounced such activities and expressly tell the congregation that Allah does not want anyone to commit evil acts in His name or "for His sake". Maybe you just never came across these things or perhaps you are simply ignoring them.

Exactamundo! tongue
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by Riskie(f): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2009
Crackles, how now? kiss
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by JJYOU: 8:59pm On Feb 07, 2009
Riskie:

is this supposed to be funny? why dont the muslims here condemn vile acts by other muslims instead of excusing it?
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by MrCrackles(m): 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2009
JJYOU:

is this supposed to be funny? why dont the muslims here condemn vile acts by other muslims instead of excusing it?

And who told you we dont?

I dont condone disgusting and dispicable acts by muslims just because i am

And i believe any sane muslim wont
! angry
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by MrCrackles(m): 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2009
Riskie:

Crackles, how now? kiss

M good miss, itz been a while! kiss
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 07, 2009
Riskie:

We dont see them . . . we dont hear you . . . even on this thread most muslims have prefered to ignore it . . . the few who show up simply come to cry "you too!" Where are the muslims who frequent the "Jesus" threads? Why are they not here reinforcing what they allegedly learnt at jummah services? Is it not true that the marriage of a 15yr old was approved by the sharia council of Britain?

All we hear are the same mudane "i dont condone it" only when muslims are literarily pushed to the wall.
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by MrCrackles(m): 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2009
davidylan:

We dont see them . . . we dont hear you . . . even on this thread most muslims have prefered to ignore it . . . the few who show up simply come to cry "you too!" Where are the muslims who frequent the "Jesus" threads? Why are they not here reinforcing what they allegedly learnt at jummah services? Is it not true that the marriage of a 15yr old was approved by the sharia council of Britain?

All we hear are the same mudane "i dont condone it" only when muslims are literarily pushed to the wall.

Woof!Woof!! grin
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by Riskie(f): 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2009
lol!
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by JJYOU: 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

And who told you we dont?

I dont condone disgusting and dispicable acts by muslims just because i am

And i believe any sane muslim wont
! angry
i have seen all you guys do is excuse wicked acts. where waz you during the factua on seun saga? where was you when i was banned for posting an article of a moslem young girl doing boob job?

when i see you people condeming vile and wicked acts i will begin to believe there are some sane ones amongst you
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by MrCrackles(m): 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2009
JJYOU:

i have seen all you guys do is excuse wicked acts. where waz you during the factua on seun saga? where was you when i was banned for posting an article of a moslem young girl doing boob job?

when i see you people condeming vile and wicked acts i will begin to believe there are some sane ones amongst you

Check my posting history and see for yourself that "i hardly ever come on to the religious threads because of the constant fueding and religious bigotry

I didnt ban you because i dont have the power to and if you were banned, your post must have contravened the rules and regulations of NL

Like i said, ya all need to stop grouping sane muslims with insane ones, and the same applies to every other religion!!

It is not hypocrisy but i believe in harmony!!

How many times have you seen me on the christian threads, fuelling hatred or disrespecting anyone?
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by muhsin(m): 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2009
Why all the fuss, fellows?

That act and many other of its nature have nothing to do with Islam. And it does condemn it and never will condone it. Thus, considering this, why bother yourselves responding to the David and co baseless accusations? I personally see no good point there.

May Allah bless you brothers and sisters in Islam for the job.
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by mukina2: 10:53pm On Feb 07, 2009
davidylan:

Oh by the way when are they locking this thread too?

If the thread is derailed it will be locked.

If you guys keep on derailing all topics in here they will keep on being locked

All threads are given equal rights to exist, but when it gets out of hands with baseless sermons it will defly be locked
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 07, 2009
mukina2:

If the thread is derailed it will be locked.

If you guys keep on derailing all topics in here they will keep on being locked

All threads are given equal rights to exist, but when it gets out of hands with baseless sermons it will defly be locked

huh? the iice thread anyone? shocked It was derailed from page 1.

muhsin:

Why all the fuss, fellows?

That act and many other of its nature have nothing to do with Islam. And it does condemn it and never will condone it. Thus, considering this, why bother yourselves responding to the David and co baseless accusations? I personally see no good point there.

May Allah bless you brothers and sisters in Islam for the job.

Is it "baseless allegation" that islam is the world's greatest headache today?
Is it "baseless allegation" that Obama is forced to make his first major TV interview to allay the "fears" of the belligerent muslim world?
Is it "baseless allegation" that the Gaza crisis is nothing but manufactured jihad to get rid of the jews?
Is it "baseless allegation" that the world's worst trouble spots are muslim nations?
Is it "baseless allegation" that 99% of terrorists are muslims who quote the quran when killing innocent people?

Someone better learn the meaning of "baseless allegation".
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by mukina2: 11:25pm On Feb 07, 2009
davidylan:

huh? the iice thread anyone?  shocked It was derailed from page 1.
grin grin grin grin hahahahahaha that thread wont kill peope cheesy it says iice can i meet you? cheesy what else should we discuss other than meeting iice?

Is it "baseless allegation" that islam is the world's greatest headache today?
Is it "baseless allegation" that Obama is forced to make his first major TV interview to allay the "fears" of the belligerent muslim world?
Is it "baseless allegation" that the Gaza crisis is nothing but manufactured jihad to get rid of the jews?
Is it "baseless allegation" that the world's worst trouble spots are muslim nations?
Is it "baseless allegation" that 99% of terrorists are muslims who quote the quran when killing innocent people?

Someone better learn the meaning of "baseless allegation".
This is not my headache, my own is. Threads in here must be on topic, i am tired of seeing a thread starts nicely and then someone says this another says that. Then the topic is forgotten. If any thread gets derailed it gets locked simple.
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2009
mukina2:

grin grin grin grin hahahahahaha that thread wont kill peope cheesy it says iice can i meet you? cheesy what else should we discuss other than meeting iice?

Na next yr una go meet iice finish. yeye people  grin

mukina2:

This is not my headache, my own is. Threads in here must be on topic, i am tired of seeing a thread starts nicely and then someone says this another says that. Then the topic is forgotten. If any thread gets derailed it gets locked simple.

There are plenty on our side of the aisle that get derailed by atheists and muslims ALL THE FREAKING TIME . . . i dont see any of you being very anxious to keep them on topic. Besides locking a thread when it gets derailed is not the answer . . . what do you have left? A thread with only 10 posts just hogging unecessary space? Simply delete posts deemed offtopic or remove the thread entirely.

Olabowale is very guilty of derailing our own threads with long epistles . . . all of you are rather concerned about ur islamic niche.
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by Riskie(f): 11:47pm On Feb 07, 2009
David, David! I can see that you love your Muslim brothers and sisters. You are always on this board. I bet you have more post here that on the Christian board. Nawa for you! tongue
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by MrCrackles(m): 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2009
David oya make we go Arsenal thread, we don miss you there!

You have just been huffing anf puffing around here
grin
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2009
Riskie:

David, David! I can see that you love your Muslim brothers and sisters. You are always on this board. I bet you have more post here that on the Christian board. Nawa for you! tongue

I love you all, but stop threatening us so we can all live in peace haba! grin

MrCrackles:

David oya make we go Arsenal thread, we don miss you there!

You have just been huffing anf puffing around here
grin

Aston Villa won today . . . Arsene Wenger has put me in misery for the rest of the season . . . abeg no make me vex by mentioning that club again until June.
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by MrCrackles(m): 11:53pm On Feb 07, 2009
davidylan:

I love you all, but stop threatening us so we can all live in peace haba! grin

Yeye boy
! grin
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by mukina2: 11:54pm On Feb 07, 2009
davidylan:

Na next yr una go meet iice finish. yeye people  grin

who yeye pass? grin we will keep on meeting iice, keep on reading grin cheesy

There are plenty on our side of the aisle that get derailed by atheists and muslims ALL THE FREAKING TIME . . . i dont see any of you being very anxious to keep them on topic. Besides locking a thread when it gets derailed is not the answer . . . what do you have left? A thread with only 10 posts just hogging unecessary space? Simply delete posts deemed offtopic or remove the thread entirely.

Olabowale is very guilty of derailing our own threads with long epistles . . . all of you are rather concerned about ur islamic niche.

I believe there is a mod on that side too and i believe he does his job too, With you people there is nothing like cleaning and reopening, you'll do the same thing again.
I can go on and on.

We have already derailed this one. I know your fingers are itching to have a go at someone, in here. grin   grin
i will leave our posts here so the others fond of creating threads, going offtopic and  fond of causing unnecesarry trouble can read it too.
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by olabowale(m): 12:01am On Feb 08, 2009
@Davidylan: « #13 on: Today at 09:12:06 PM »  

Quote from: Riskie on Today at 08:50:22 PM

David, I have news for you; you are Keferi! You are not "important" in the day to day "conscience" of the muslims, that we as muslims, need to satisfy you, about our individual or collective conscience.

I have not met any group of people in my life who "self examine" themselves than the Muslims! Like "Mandela" told Ted Koppel on Nightline in 1990, the internal rift of "ANC" is not the dirty laundry for Public consumption.

If ANC, a mere political party could see wisdom in this statement, then imagine the wisdom that lies in it when it comes to Islam. Come to our "communities," around the US. No one will bite you or beat you up, even if you wear the Biggest Cross bling bling!

You will see and hear muslims cautioning themselves, helping one another to experience the highest form of humanities.

When the Muslims warn the would be "evil doers" amog themselves to not go evil, they do not need your approval, hence they are not gong to announce it to you in Ice Box Rochester! You will not even hear it anyway, because you will be frozen solid, like the people living in Minnesota.

No good muslim will engage or encourage anyone to do evil. Or discourages anyone from doing good.

Oh, David. The brother said baseless ACCUSATIONS, not baseless ALLEGATIONS! Read before you post
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by dayokanu(m): 12:05am On Feb 08, 2009
Waiting for the "Moderates" to come out and condemn thisHorrible act
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 08, 2009
dayokanu:

Waiting for the "Moderates" to come out and condemn thisHorrible act

they'd rather lock the thread than face the truth. grin

See that old man olabowale . . . he ignored the entire thing to dwell on the definition of who is a kefferi. Who cares? Just so long as your jihad doesnt reach my backyard you can sing Surah 19:71 all the way to hell for all i care. grin
Re: Family Of Teen Muslim Invited Men To Rape Her by olabowale(m): 12:34am On Feb 08, 2009
Jihad means struggle. Harb means war. They are two difference things.

Now about the "rape and illegal sex" thats bad and unislamic. It is unhuman and there is no elevation of humanity in it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

“I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son / 17 Year Old Commit Suicide Live On Instagram. / Mumu Of The Year: Read What Happened At Gtbank, Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.