Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Is Microbiology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Microbiology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria? (10847 Views)

Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics / . / Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Microbiology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria? by allsamz(m): 3:41pm On May 09, 2015
please Nairalanders I need or views on this case: I want to know how lucrative Microbiology is here in Nigeria...Tnx
Re: Is Microbiology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria? by cardoso111(m): 3:48pm On May 09, 2015
Yes and yes
Re: Is Microbiology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 09, 2015
allsamz:
please Nairalanders I need or views on this case: I want to know how lucrative Microbiology is here in Nigeria...Tnx

Let me be honest with you. Based on the current economic realities in nigeria the answer is NO. Don't get me wrong, microbiology is a very good course and its very important too. But the way the bsc programme is currently structured and the way our labour market operates I suggest you look for something else to do. I would have recommended MLS but it has been suspended by NUC and is equally bleeped up (though slightly better than mcb),

If you know your real interest is in the medical aspect, I suggest you divert to medicine and surgery or medical laboratory science. But if those things don't freak you, you will do well. Microbiology is a very wide and diverse field in the biological sciences. It has a broad range of application in various industries. Go ahead if you can't wait for another year to write UTME again, keep an open mind and do your best to get hands on laboratory training during holidays. lipsrsealed
Re: Is Microbiology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria? by Olufemisamuel: 10:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
If you are wondering if microbiology is a good course to study in Nigeria. This link might be very very helpful.
https://www.nigeriaboom.com/2020/08/is-microbiology-a-lucrative-course-in-Nigeria.html
It goes deep in measuring the relevancy of microbiology in Nigeria. Also, you will learn about some of the employment opportunities that awaits graduate in microbiology in Nigeria.
I hopes this helps a great deal

(1) (Reply)

Does Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Offer Mass Communication? / How Do I Check My Jamb Result With Another SIM? / 10 Hardest Military Training Exercises In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.