Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

No Detention Of Suspects Beyond 48hrs - New IG (for Real Or Initial Gragra? ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Detention Of Suspects Beyond 48hrs - New IG (for Real Or Initial Gragra? ) (689 Views)

VP Osinbajo Blasts Nigerian Police, Judges For Unlawful Detention Of Suspects / Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs / Senate Rule Forgery: Buhari Won’t Stop Trial Of Suspects – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Detention Of Suspects Beyond 48hrs - New IG (for Real Or Initial Gragra? ) by ITbomb(m): 3:44pm On May 09, 2015
[img]http://cdn2.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/300x186xpolice-300x186.gif.pagespeed.ic.IPcqs3ARdI.webp[/img]
The new Acting Inspector General of Police,Solomon Arase has ordered the immediate dismantling of all road blocks nationwide to be replaced with police patrol. Arase spoke yesterday at the Enugu command headquarters, during the commissioning of the Intelligence School of the command.

The IGP warned the police to desist from unlawful detention of suspects especially in civil and commercial matters adding that suspects should not be kept beyond 48 hours of arrest.

According to Arase,”we have set up monitoring teams to go round all the police cells nationwide to ascertain suspects that are in detention unduly. The era of keeping suspects in the name of gathering evidence is over.
“We are now in the intelligence policing era. It is meant to boost evidence gathering process so that you either grant bail or prosecute in a speedy manner. All road blocks are dismantled forthwith. They will be replaced with police visibility and patrol.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/n20-collection-reduces-the-dignity-of-police-igp/#sthash.jYxll5UI.dpuf
Re: No Detention Of Suspects Beyond 48hrs - New IG (for Real Or Initial Gragra? ) by emorse(m): 3:46pm On May 09, 2015
This Arase man dey hustle like mad.
Re: No Detention Of Suspects Beyond 48hrs - New IG (for Real Or Initial Gragra? ) by ITbomb(m): 3:59pm On May 09, 2015
emorse:
This Arase man dey hustle like mad.
I pray Buhari allow him to stay
Re: No Detention Of Suspects Beyond 48hrs - New IG (for Real Or Initial Gragra? ) by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 09, 2015
My president in the pipeline would effect it.

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

God bless Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: No Detention Of Suspects Beyond 48hrs - New IG (for Real Or Initial Gragra? ) by omenka(m): 4:19pm On May 09, 2015
It remains to be seen, but I'm hopeful it would work given the calibre of occupants we have in Aso Rock.
Re: No Detention Of Suspects Beyond 48hrs - New IG (for Real Or Initial Gragra? ) by Blakjewelry(m): 6:50pm On May 09, 2015
CHANGE... It begins with you

(1) (Reply)

Is Building Local Refineries The Solution? / Constitution Amendment: Senate Makes A U-turn On Jonathan’s Veto. / APC, Fayose Disagree Over ‘stop And Search’ Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.