Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria (2354 Views)

"Buhari Fights Corruption In NASS With Insecticide, Uses Deodorant At Executive" / You'll Like The Hackers Dogara Used To Convince Buhari Padding Is No Corruption / We Found No Corruption Offense Against Jonathan – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by Osakah24(m): 5:49am On May 10, 2015
Go to zamfara,ask an average zamfara man the name of their erstwhile governor,most of them will say Yerima,that barawo,yet he keeps winning elections.
Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by francizy(m): 5:54am On May 10, 2015
angry

This reasoning of the OP is same reason we are so backward in this country. If you'll cover up your people when they loot and then shout "kill him! Kill him!!" When another person loots, then you're only hurting yourself and your people. We have to start holding our leaders accountable.

Good character depends on individual. My Hausa lecturer often says I behave differently from every other Igbo people because I was gentle, respectful, serious with my academics and was making good grades. I thought to myself, it's possible he (my lecturer) was judging Igbos based on just a few he had interacted with or based on the coup plotter Major. Kaduna Nzeogwu. You need to leave your comfort zone to be able to say that yes, you know a tribe or region very well.

Mind you, Dubai doesn't have beggers littered everywhere.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by socialmediaman: 6:52am On May 10, 2015
kestolove95:
Giv an hausa man 10million in 10yrs come back and ask for it...he will hand it ova to you

Give the same amount to an IGBO man and come back 10yrs and ask for it... He'll hand you over 100 million grin .. Your 10 million plus interest

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 7:02am On May 10, 2015
The higher level of education in the South and the more narrow divide between the rich and poor contributes to the awareness of the running of government and detection of fraud.
Remember, most times, only your people can report you, it is very hard for outsiders to do so

In the north, a family would be sharing all elective positions and appointments among themselves, as long as the rest of the community are kept under educated and improvised, they cannot do anything.
That is why in the north, a single family can be richer than the local government or even state, yet no one is talking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by bundur(m): 7:04am On May 10, 2015
I wiped for this Op and his generation
can he show me any dev in the north??
Meanwhile this topic shld b d best joke of the week.

1 Like

Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by goodgood2(m): 10:35am On May 10, 2015
Chai! I can't just stop laughing. Abacha, ibb, abdulsalam, saraki...
kestolove95:
Giv an hausa man 10million in 10yrs come back and ask for it...he will hand it ova to you
Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by OdenigboAroli2: 10:37am On May 10, 2015
The op is kworect Farook Lawan is an omo oduduwa cheesy he is not corrupt
Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by EMANY01(m): 10:46am On May 10, 2015
owobokiri:

It is the same thing all over the north. I mean a ghost looking LGA headquarters that only comes to life towards the end of every month.. , brimming with folks stradling around, waiting for the loot to share . It is really difficult to define the term "corruption" in the north. The line between legal official expenie and personald deductions from the government purse is blured. as starting from the emirs, religeous leaders, to politicians and government leaders, the much celeberated idea that "power comes from God also entails a tarcit approval for the incumbent to enjoy all the trappings of power including corrupt enrichment.

Blured ? More like non existent.
Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by uprightman(m): 8:56pm On May 10, 2015
bundur:
I wiped for this Op and his generation

can he show me any dev in the north??

Meanwhile this topic shld b d best joke of the week.
Many of you are reasonable. I raise an issue instead of you to prove me wrong you are busy abusing me.You never ask why those people you mention were not persecuted for the corruption cases.but you heard of alams,ibori,igbineodion,bode goerge duah etc.
Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by Labayi96(m): 6:37am On May 11, 2015
Uprightman hw can u 4get so soon d fomer governor of jigwa who was a guest in 1 5star hotel in Kuje FCT hv u forgotten the corruption cases hangin on 2 fomer governors of Nasarawa state infact 1 is a servin senator in d nu change party what of dat man dat want 2 b senate president is his case a case of battry and assault by EFCC there are myriad of examples
Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26am On May 11, 2015
Sunnymatey:
You need to flash ur brain to get rid of those virus that is preventing u from reasoning properly. No single former or present political office holder is free from being corrupt irrespective of their tribe.

Abacha is an IBO man. Babangida is a Yoruba man. Farouk Lawan is Efik. For his mind, the boko sponsors are Yoruba, IBO and Akwa ibom.

A thief is innocent till he is caught.

1 Like

Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by uprightman(m): 11:31am On Jun 04, 2015
tonytony208:

Mr so-called uprightman, I hope you read this? If you do, then you should be sensible enough to apologize to the south for being a fooool and an eeediot.
you are the biggest fool worldwide
Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by Chiaka(f): 2:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
Any business man! must not be Ibo. Mind you there are also Ibo men who know next to nothing about business.

socialmediaman:

Give the same amount to an IGBO man and come back 10yrs and ask for it... He'll hand you over 100 million grin .. Your 10 million plus interest
Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by tonytony208(m): 5:17am On Jun 08, 2015
uprightman:
you are the biggest fool worldwide

I understand your response. I would have been disappointed if u had responded otherwise. By the way, how are labaran maku, shettime, murtala nyako, ibb, Mohammed abacha, et al, doing? These are just few of those that transformed d north to a corruption less place. Continue to deceive yourselves.
Re: No Corruption In The Northern Nigeria by ngozianu(m): 8:55am On Oct 03, 2015
No northerner will be prosecuted as long as they dominate the judiciary... Ranks dede

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Ten Dictators Of Africa (photos) / What Do Nigerians Want From SE AND SS / List Of Countries That Have Increased Fuel Pump Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.