Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

A Story For Atheists. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Story For Atheists. (4234 Views)

Question For Atheists / Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 12:21pm On May 10, 2015
In a mother’s womb were two babies. One asked the other:
“Do you believe in life after delivery?” The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”
“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”
The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”
The first replied, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”
The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”
The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover if there is life, then why has no one has ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”
“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”
The first replied “Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”
The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her this world would not and could not exist.”
Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”
To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and you really listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.”
- Útmutató a Léleknek

-Culled from facebook.

---------------------------------------------

Acts 17:28-34 NIV

‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’ “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead." When they heard about the resurrection of the dead, some of them sneered, but others said, “We want to hear you again on this subject.” At that, Paul left the Council. Some of the people became followers of Paul and believed. Among them was Dionysius, a member of the Areopagus, also a woman named Damaris, and a number of others.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Story For Atheists. by malonephill(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2015
cool
Re: A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 8:30am On May 12, 2015
Reminder.
Re: A Story For Atheists. by ooman(m): 8:39am On May 12, 2015
The requirement for getting born is being fit to survive air world, not believing an air world exists.
So if a baby believes in an air world but didn't develop lungs, he doesn't survive.
So faith still does not matter.

And there is evidence for a mother in the womb, there is none for a god.

2 Likes

Re: A Story For Atheists. by johnydon22(m): 8:42am On May 12, 2015
we have seen this same story for like 50 times... babies talking in the womb, is that the best you guys can come up with?

lolzzzzz very funny...

2 Likes

Re: A Story For Atheists. by SeverusSnape(m): 8:44am On May 12, 2015

3 Likes

Re: A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 9:16am On May 12, 2015
ooman:
The requirement for getting born is being fit to survive air world, not believing an air world exists.
So if a baby believes in an air world but didn't develop lungs, he doesn't survive.
So faith still does not matter.

And there is evidence for a mother in the womb, there is none for a god.
What evidence did you have for a mother in the womb? Whatever it is, its still the same for God in the now.
Re: A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 9:17am On May 12, 2015
johnydon22:
we have seen this same story for like 50 times... babies talking in the womb, is that the best you guys can come up with?

lolzzzzz very funny...

And thought provoking!
Re: A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 9:18am On May 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:

That was the original plan for humanity right from eden until man fell. Satan beefed. That's why God's salvation plan is termed "Redemption"!
Re: A Story For Atheists. by ooman(m): 9:20am On May 12, 2015
kay1one2:

What evidence did you have for a mother in the womb? Whatever it is, its still the same for God in the now.

If a fetus is capable to ask for its mother, medicine will show her to it.

We are capable to ask for god, where is it?

1 Like

Re: A Story For Atheists. by johnydon22(m): 9:26am On May 12, 2015
kay1one2:

And thought provoking!

lmao... not even in the least sense.. Just another childish yarn, where a baby in the womb is portrayed to be talking.. lmao.. why don't you come up with something betterwink
Re: A Story For Atheists. by johnydon22(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2015
kay1one2:

the baby has the umblical cord, amniotic fluid. . . Now is planet earth, the womb of your god?? wink
Re: A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 9:28am On May 12, 2015
ooman:

If a fetus is capable to ask for its mother, medicine will show her to it.

We are capable to ask for god, where is it?

"IF"

Don't you think it does everyday? The mother only shows up at the right time! In the interim, any communication is by signs; faith!

Re: A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 9:31am On May 12, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao... not even in the least sense.. Just another childish yarn, where a baby in the womb is portrayed to be talking.. lmao.. why don't you come up with something betterwink

For you? Like that will fetch me an award? You're still a young person. To avoid a hellish period in your future due to previous wrong decisions, you might want to let God guide you through life. Being prodigal has its many numerous risks!
Re: A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 9:35am On May 12, 2015
johnydon22:

the baby has the umblical cord, amniotic fluid. . . Now is planet earth, the womb of your god?? wink

All of creation is!

Isaiah 66:1-2 NIV

This is what the Lord says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be? Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the Lord . “These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.
Re: A Story For Atheists. by johnydon22(m): 9:36am On May 12, 2015
kay1one2:

For you? Like that will fetch me an award? You're still a young person. To avoid a hellish period in your future due to previous wrong decisions, you might want to let God guide you through life. Being prodigal has its many numerous risks!
This childish kiddish copy and paste yarn just did fetch you an award tho i dont think you need more.

hahahahahahahahaha really? I think you really need to get hold of your brain and be in charge of your life.. live your life for you not for a fabricated mythology sold to you..

Life is wonderful and beautiful... why dont you go seat in a church and start praying instead of workingwink

You really need to get a grip smiley
Re: A Story For Atheists. by johnydon22(m): 9:39am On May 12, 2015
kay1one2:

All of creation is!

This is what the Lord says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be? Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the Lord . “These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.

hahahahahahahahaha how come this your god needs you to speak for him and you dont even hear from him just from the pages of book?wink

meanwhile allah claims to be the creator too, zeus also, krishna too and 4999 other God concepts... why dont you believe them?wink
Re: A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 9:40am On May 12, 2015
johnydon22:

This childish kiddish copy and paste yarn just did fetch you an award tho i dont think you need more.

hahahahahahahahaha really? I think you really need to get hold of your brain and be in charge of your life.. live your life for you not for a fabricated mythology sold to you..

Life is wonderful and beautiful... why dont you go seat in a church and start praying instead of workingwink

You really need to get a grip smiley

Re: A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 9:42am On May 12, 2015
johnydon22:

hahahahahahahahaha how come this your god needs you to speak for him and you dont even hear from him just from the pages of book?wink

meanwhile allah claims to be the creator too, zeus also, krishna too and 4999 other God concepts... why dont you believe them?wink

He made me all I am today. I don't kill my fellow man for my belief. I just preach. No beef.
Re: A Story For Atheists. by wiegraf: 3:10pm On May 12, 2015
Op, the hipocrisy.... Where to begin.

That in no way depicts the current scenario, or at least not in the way you imagine. We sane folk are the ones that would, for instance, claim man evolved. We'll go through the trouble of showing you how even. You then shout lalalalala and NO! simply because you want to feel special.

Your claims on the other hand are completely baseless, yet you want to portray yourself as standing with reason?

Baby one would claim our feet exist to be used as paddles by pink elephants and you expect baby two to just swallow it? Lol

Baby two would be the one to point out our feet have a more practical function, just as we point out vestigials have (or had) a practical use, instead of
'Lol God put them there to troll us'. Baby two would listen to the outside and surmise there very likely is life out there. Nothing special about us. Just as the scientific world is looking for life elsewhere, listening to the stars and actively sending spacecraft elsewhere.

Baby one would claim we were special custom made and all this, this unimaginably large universe, was put up just for special us just because. And we are the only ones here because well, it requires magic to create us, and God's magic is just for special us

One could go on and on

I hope that clears up your confusion.

4 Likes

Re: A Story For Atheists. by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 12, 2015
wiegraf:

That in no way depicts the current scenario, or at least not in the way you imagine. We sane folk are the ones that would, for instance, claim man evolved. We'll go through the trouble of showing you how even. You then shout lalalalala and NO! simply because you want to feel special.

Your claims on the other hand are completely baseless, yet you want to portray yourself as standing with reason?

Baby one would claim our feet exist to be used as paddles by pink elephants and you expect baby two to just swallow it? Lol

Baby two would be the one to point out our feet have a more practical function, just as we point out vestigials have (or had) a practical use, instead of
'Lol God put them there to troll us'. Baby two would listen to the outside and surmise there very likely is life out there. Nothing special about us. Just as the scientific world is looking for life elsewhere, listening to the stars and actively sending spacecraft elsewhere.

Baby one would claim we were special custom made and all this, this unimaginably large universe, was put up just for special us just because. And we are the only ones here because well, it requires magic to create us, and God's magic is just for special us

One could go on and on

Lalalalala! God iz rill! Evilushon izelai!

Wia r d tranzishonal fossils? Blablablah!

Can u proof diariz no God! Wateva!

2 Likes

Re: A Story For Atheists. by wiegraf: 3:46pm On May 12, 2015
DProDG:

Succinctly put.

I'll add that the above is true because my storybook says so!

2 Likes

Re: A Story For Atheists. by johnydon22(m): 4:08pm On May 12, 2015
wiegraf:

Succinctly put.
I'll add that the above is true because my storybook says so!
Yeah the three little pigs is true, here see it on this bookgrin

2 Likes

Re: A Story For Atheists. by johnydon22(m): 4:09pm On May 12, 2015
DProDG:

Can you prove their is no invisible pink unicorn angry

2 Likes

Re: A Story For Atheists. by plaetton: 5:39pm On May 12, 2015
johnydon22:

lolzzzzz very funny...

Very funny?
More like very dumb.

1 Like

Re: A Story For Atheists. by plaetton: 5:43pm On May 12, 2015
kay1one2:

All of creation is!

And they taught you all this in your jamb lessons ?

2 Likes

Re: A Story For Atheists. by onetrack(m): 8:12pm On May 12, 2015
kay1one2:
In a mother’s womb were two babies. One asked the other:
“Do you believe in life after delivery?” The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”
“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”
The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”
The first replied, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”
The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”
The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover if there is life, then why has no one has ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”
“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”
The first replied “Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”
The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her this world would not and could not exist.”
Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”
To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and you really listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.”
- Útmutató a Léleknek

Does the mother know that the first child does not believe in her? And does she set him on fire when he is born as a punishment? Cause that's what God would do!

2 Likes

Re: A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 8:36pm On May 12, 2015
onetrack:

Does the mother know that the first child does not believe in her? And does she set him on fire when he is born as a punishment? Cause that's what God would do!

Hell wasn't created for man. It was created for the devil and his demons. When a man lives with the devil's principles, he creates his own hell even before judgement. After rejecting God's own Son; Jesus Christ, who came from the other side to show us the way, it becomes obvious that that child has no intentions of being with the "Mother". This leads to the "Mother" having to leave that child to its own decisions, which means an eternity without a relationship with God; "the Mother" in this scenario. God recieves no pleasure in losing any of His children to an eternity without Him. That's why Jesus came, why he will return. Hell is not God's will for any man. Sending Jesus to die on an old rugged Cross proves that!
Re: A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 8:37pm On May 12, 2015
plaetton:

And they taught you all this in your jamb lessons ?

Re: A Story For Atheists. by johnydon22(m): 8:52pm On May 12, 2015
Dude is even trolling his own thread with memes, speaks a lot about this dude.. #Sighs
Re: A Story For Atheists. by onetrack(m): 9:03pm On May 12, 2015
kay1one2:

Hell wasn't created for man. It was created for the devil and his demons. When a man lives with the devil's principles, he creates his own hell even before judgement. After rejecting God's own Son; Jesus Christ, who came from the other side to show us the way, it becomes obvious that that child has no intentions of being with the "Mother". This leads to the "Mother" having to leave that child to its own decisions, which means an eternity without a relationship with God; "the Mother" in this scenario. God recieves no pleasure in losing any of His children to an eternity without Him. That's why Jesus came, why he will return. Hell is not God's will for any man. Sending Jesus to die on an old rugged Cross proves that!

Then it's not a good analogy if it is so flawed in that manner. And if God receives no pleasure from putting anyone in hell, he can solve that problem very easily if he is all-powerful as you probably claim. God sounds like he is very confused and in need of guidance.
Re: A Story For Atheists. by kay1one2(m): 9:16pm On May 12, 2015
wiegraf:

One could go on and on

No.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

/ Why God Is Patient And Merciful / Benny Hinn: Man Of God Or Crook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.